These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #161
somf4eva

Trying to see it for a second time this afternoon.

Seeing a lot of chatter about them bringing Hayden Christiansen back for Rogue One and Episode VIII... Was gonna be in VII until they scaled back Luke's role
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #162
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
I think there's minimal doubt that Ewan McGregor is going to come back as Obi-Wan Kenobi at some point, given his voice cameo in this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #163
somf4eva

As far as we know, he never left Tatooine between III and IV, right?
Old 12-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #164
JustinC

how's Han and Chewie going to lose the Millennium Falcon for several years?
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:15 PM   #165
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by somf4eva View Post
Episode VIII... Was gonna be in VII until they scaled back Luke's role
as a flashback or a vision?
Old 12-26-2015, 11:34 PM   #166
somf4eva

Force ghost talking to Luke
Old 12-26-2015, 11:44 PM   #167
Define Dancing

Saw it for the second time today with my dad and sister. Just as good the second time around. I think every show at the theater sold out today. Saw that it doubled the previous record for Christmas day, hauling in $49.5 million domestic.

I think my favorite shot in the whole movie is the wide shot when Han and Kylo are on the bridge, and Rey and Finn open the doors that let light into the shot. Really stunning cinematography.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:30 AM   #168
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
how's Han and Chewie going to lose the Millennium Falcon for several years?
It was stolen. They go through a whole thing about it in the movie.

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2015, 01:11 AM   #169
JustinC

Ya I saw the movie. Just making a joke.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:31 AM   #170
NiCK Crush

"force ghost"

is that official Star Wars terminology?
Old 12-27-2015, 03:53 AM   #171
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
"force ghost"

is that official Star Wars terminology?
No, but it fits well.

The more I think on the movie, the more I like the idea of Rey being Luke's daughter and Snoke actually being Darth Plaugeis, the Sith Lord who was Palpatine's master and who, it's implied, created Anakin Skywalker.

This would lead to all sorts of awesomeness including a need to consult Anakin's force ghost (to learn what Palpatine told him of Plaugeis and of his own creation), and an inevitable confrontation between the creator of the Skywalker lineage and one (or many) of the Skywalkers.

Quote:
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #172
somf4eva

Yea I don't know official terminology. But for Rogue One he would be pictured in Vader's suit, much like Robert Downey in Iron Man. Vader is definitely in Rogue One but past that, All this is rumor at this point.

Saw it again last night and picked up on a few things. Heard Yoda, and both Obi One's in the when Rey touches the lightsaber. Heard Snoke referred to as "wise" much as Plaugeis was in Episode III. First time I went, I missed the who thumbs up thing. I got a good laugh out of that although i think it could be the middle finger as well. Really enjoyed it.

Where do we get that Plaugeis "fathered" anakin?
Old 12-27-2015, 11:08 AM   #173
Bluewater34
Is Old

OK, so I have a theory about the whole "remake of A New Hope" thing. It's strictly my own conjecture, and will likely be proven wrong as soon as the next movie comes out, but it's what I'm working on.

I think that the fact that this movie hits a lot of the same elements and beats as EPIV might be on purpose, and might link into Luke's story going forward. After Luke was betrayed by Ren, he realized that a pattern was repeating itself and attempted to break it by removing himself from it. But the cycle continued without him. The rest of his story in the movies will be him trying to break the cycle of light rising/dark destroying it.

This is based mostly on the fact that I have a hard time believing that Abrams and Kasdan didn't notice that they were writing essentially the same movie without having a greater purpose for it, which is an admittedly flimsy reason.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #174
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by somf4eva View Post
Where do we get that Plaugeis "fathered" anakin?
There's a scene in "Revenge of the Sith" -- one of the best scenes in the entire prequel trilogy -- where Palpatine tells Anakin about Darth Plaugeis and says that he had discovered the means to create life with the force itself. The implication was pretty heavy that he was referring to Anakin.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #175
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Hell yes!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens surpasses $1 billion in record time
Read more at [Only registered users can see links.]
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:33 PM   #176
bassplayer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
There's a scene in "Revenge of the Sith" -- one of the best scenes in the entire prequel trilogy -- where Palpatine tells Anakin about Darth Plaugeis and says that he had discovered the means to create life with the force itself. The implication was pretty heavy that he was referring to Anakin.
That combined with Anakin being a miracle birth with no father.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #177
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I would just like to say I was always jealous of the generation that got to experience the first three, 4-6, and all it's excitement. I'm so glad we have a new beginning to this franchise that I can experience as an adult and my daughter gets to grow up with.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:40 PM   #178
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
I would just like to say I was always jealous of the generation that got to experience the first three, 4-6, and all it's excitement. I'm so glad we have a new beginning to this franchise that I can experience as an adult and my daughter gets to grow up with.
same. I have no memory of seeing the OT for the first time. I've just always been aware. I remember having an Obi Wan Kenobi toy when I was a kid. And my mom swears I had a light saber.

I bought my nephew a light saber for Christmas. My family won't get together until the 2nd but I'm super excited to give it to him. I just wish the Disney store had more than Kylo Ren sabers
Old 12-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #179
RageATL
The Dude abides

At the risk of upsetting any fanboys, I'll say it...I thought the movie was just OK. Harrison Ford shuffling around for a large chunk of the film is not a good look. The whole thing just seemed like nostalgia to me and very derivative of IV. Hey, what's under this tarp? It's the Millennium Falcon! Hey what's under this tarp? Hey, it's R2D2! Not to mention the acting by the leads in the beginning was schticky...the humorous moments just seemed forced.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:03 PM   #180
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Hey, what's under this tarp? It's the Millennium Falcon! Hey what's under this tarp? Hey, it's R2D2!

My one real complaint with the movie is related to that. For a movie that takes place on a galactic scale, there was an awful lot of the right person being in exactly the right place at exactly the right time close to the right object. I mean, I know they basically had to do it or the movie would have been twice as long, but it was hard for me to just swallow that many coincidences without which the story falls apart completely. But I still loved it.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc