These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #41
dmb2much40

I really wish this would have been 10.02.07. But I’m fine if they want to make this a RSD release or even the holiday release. I just hope they have a more “special” show for LT 50.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:19 PM   #42
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
I just don't know what anyone is expecting anymore. You all (the proverbially you all) seem to know that they are the worst thing on the face of the Earth. But still get upset when they do exactly what you claim they always do.

The "big" shows like this are going to get released. More often than not it's going to be a show you don't like (that's just math) and every once in a while something awesome will be released and everyone will act shocked.

The beauty of all of this is that nobody has to buy anything. And what's funnier is every single person in this thread will want a rip of this.
People will want the orchestra stuff, but if not for that, nobody would want this.
My hard drive is so full of 2018/19 DMB shows now, I didn't even download the Sirius rips of more than half the shows this summer.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #43
NiCK (Crush)

Yeah, I don't have all the Sirius rips either. Grabbed the couple I was at a few others.

This will obviously sound better than those, though.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #44
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
I just don't know what anyone is expecting anymore. You all (the proverbially you all) seem to know that they are the worst thing on the face of the Earth. But still get upset when they do exactly what you claim they always do.

The "big" shows like this are going to get released. More often than not it's going to be a show you don't like (that's just math) and every once in a while something awesome will be released and everyone will act shocked.

The beauty of all of this is that nobody has to buy anything. And what's funnier is every single person in this thread will want a rip of this.

[/mariorant]
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:26 PM   #45
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:

Wow, how's the weather up there in your ivory tower?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:27 PM   #46
SomeDevil17

Would you rather we get the person on the couch tour fb page who just got “bkdkdkd” as their license plate to post on here instead?
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:35 PM   #47
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil17 View Post
Would you rather we get the person on the couch tour fb page who just got “bkdkdkd” as their license plate to post on here instead?

Not even close to the same thing.

Having an understanding about how DMB has released shows the last decade and even more so now post-Boyd is nowhere near being a DMBFamily nut job.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #48
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
Wow, how's the weather up there in your ivory tower?
Bummed you guys are taking it that way. If you want to call out a specific thing I said that you're taking issue with - go ahead, but what I said is true.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #49
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

[/mario]
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:05 PM   #50
NiCK (Crush)

I don’t understand why you in particular are getting so upset with my comment. At first I figured you were just having some fun. Now I’m not so sure.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #51
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

You’re trolling the wrong board.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-08-2019, 09:20 PM   #52
NiCK (Crush)

Iím not trolling anything. Youíve known me on here for how long now?

Saying that ďthese guys canít do anything rightĒ because a limited Record Store Day release was announced that you donít care for is a stupid fucking thing to say, so I addressed it.

You guys might not be the DMBFamily, but you certainly can be as soft as them sometimes.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:28 PM   #53
DMBCLSTJ

It’s also ok to call this a shitty release as long as we recognize that LT 47 was a gem and a get for us. I don’t think everything this band has done has been terrible in the last 10 years, that’s just pure hyperbole.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:08 AM   #54
SomeDevil17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Itís also ok to call this a shitty release as long as we recognize that LT 47 was a gem and a get for us. I donít think everything this band has done has been terrible in the last 10 years, thatís just pure hyperbole.
Yep and dmb live 25 or whatever that is called, was fantastic.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #55
batleon

This is vintage Nick Crush boarding here, you keep doing you Nick. Somebody here has to be the positive one.

I too would have liked to see 10/2/07 if they were going for a Hollywood Bowl show but whatevs. As Nick implied I'll just be saving my money here. Honestly I don't have a lot of expendable income at this point in my life anyway so if they want to keep rolling out releases I don't want that's fine by me. When they eventually release something like 6/8/97 again (and they will, eventually) my wallet will be ready.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #56
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Seems like everything NiCK said is true to me? I'm not sure why everyone is whining about it.
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #57
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
When they eventually release something like 6/8/97 again (and they will, eventually) my wallet will be ready.
That's very true. My first thought seeing this announcement, aside from the coverart, was "well, at least we got Live 25 and that '97 show."
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #58
batleon

We had a solid decade from 2008 to 2017 where we got a ton of releases per year. Every kind of DMB fan was served the type of release that they wanted multiple times during that time period. The hardcores got some absolutely classic shows, big venue shows were released for the casuals, and a wide range of years were covered if you liked a certain time period. Honestly there isn't a ton left I want at this point. Of the 100+ releases we have now there are at least 30 I could pull out at any time and be happy to listen to. I don't like the looks of this one and I do hope they don't make this LT50, that would be disappointing, but I think I'd move on quickly and just wait a bit to get another good one.

I agree with a lot of what Nick said basically.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #59
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:

Old 10-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #60
dmb1981

Quote:

Agree with everything said here. To give the guy a hard time for speaking (the truth) is ridiculous.

DMB is who we thought they were.. Not changing. You don't like don't buy it. Something else will come along.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc