These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #11761
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post
Their Board has definitely been waiting on the guidance of a random dude from a DMB message board. Good call.
No. Their board probably has no idea they have that asset from 25 years ago or what its worth.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #11762
Cardinal
I have a buzz

Quote:
Their Board has definitely been waiting on the guidance of a random dude from a DMB message board. Good call.
Lol
Old 11-11-2019, 01:29 AM   #11763
dancetheham

I listened to Come Tomorrow for the first time in probably a year tonight. I enjoyed it more than I remembered. And now back to not listening to it for a while.
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:19 PM   #11764
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

I really still don't care for She. At all.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:41 PM   #11765
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I hated it too and then it just clicked. It sounds a lot tighter this year and the Tim solo is nice too
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #11766
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
I really still don't care for She. At all.
I like it live, hate the studio version. Has no energy or meat to it. Really bland. Live it has a lot of potential. should just give the full solo to Tim, the clav solo was cool but it needs a wailing guitar to make it Climax more.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:41 PM   #11767
SomeDevil17

Said it before but she just reminds me of rooftop kind of. Which isn’t a bad thing.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:11 AM   #11768
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil17 View Post
Said it before but she just reminds me of rooftop kind of. Which isn’t a bad thing.
Yeah, it’s the Rooftop of the album for me, definitely. Except I actually like what they’ve done with it live.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #11769
batleon

So I listened to this again for the first time in a while over the weekend... this album is a hell of a lot better than it should have been. I mean the different songs from over the course of a decade plus with all the different producers, this should have been a mess. And it IS uneven for sure but there's a lot of good material.

I always go into this thing thinking about the lowlights but forget how much I enjoy the bulk of the songs on the album. Samurai Cop is a good opener and then the stretch from She to Do You Remember is really enjoyable to me. Virginia in the Rain is an all timer IMO. Honestly I don't give a shit how the songs translate live anymore, I just want to enjoy the album I'm listening to and for the most part I do enjoy this.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:50 PM   #11770
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
So I listened to this again for the first time in a while over the weekend... this album is a hell of a lot better than it should have been. I mean the different songs from over the course of a decade plus with all the different producers, this should have been a mess. And it IS uneven for sure but there's a lot of good material.

I always go into this thing thinking about the lowlights but forget how much I enjoy the bulk of the songs on the album. Samurai Cop is a good opener and then the stretch from She to Do You Remember is really enjoyable to me. Virginia in the Rain is an all timer IMO. Honestly I don't give a shit how the songs translate live anymore, I just want to enjoy the album I'm listening to and for the most part I do enjoy this.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:02 PM   #11771
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Yeah studio album with Cavallo, Batson, Brandi, and ladies. Should’ve been so bad
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:58 PM   #11772
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I honestly forgot about this album until this morning when I searched the band in Spotify . It’s weird because I remember every other album of theirs so vividly.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:26 AM   #11773
greykitkat36

Quote:

I have to disagree. I think it’s a pretty bland album and I never have a desire to relisten to it ever. Big Whiskey was the last album that I listened to more than a handful of times. The worst part of CT IS the material. The production isn’t bad at all on most of the album, but the songs themselves are just not special. Not to mention that some of Dave’s absolute worst writing is on this album too. I really wish I felt differently but I just don’t. Sam Cop is one of the least enjoyable songs in the catalog for me.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:55 AM   #11774
mattinmass
heady

it's the best collection of songs since Busted Stuff/LWS
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:29 AM   #11775
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil17 View Post
Except I can't stand Rooftop and I really like She. I know what you mean though.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:57 AM   #11776
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Yep. What a fun night that was listening to this album/posting.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:23 AM   #11777
batleon

Quote:
Bold statement Ma$$

I don't know that I agree (I still really like Away From the World) but I can see why you say it. Some of the stuff on this is really good.

If they wanted to work this way again for their next album (comb the archives, record some new stuff, fuck full sessions with one producer) I'd have no problem with it.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:57 AM   #11778
mattinmass
heady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Yep. What a fun night that was listening to this album/posting.
indeed - that week or 2 of time in 2018 brought all the nostalgia back for me - felt like the 90s/early 00s all over again. loved it.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:59 AM   #11779
mattinmass
heady

Quote:
Bold statement Ma$$

I don't know that I agree (I still really like Away From the World) but I can see why you say it. Some of the stuff on this is really good.

If they wanted to work this way again for their next album (comb the archives, record some new stuff, fuck full sessions with one producer) I'd have no problem with it.
i honestly don't even think it's THAT bold of a statement given the lack of respectable songs this band has released in studio since 2003
Old 01-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #11780
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Have to agree here.

I think this album will end up aging really well among fans, too.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc