These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #15421
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Really like this Farm Aid Space Between. It's become a song I actually enjoy.

Still hate the studio cut, but they've done a really nice job re-working it the last few years.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #15422
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Whose crew did the D&F tour in '03? Did Jeff Thomas mix it? Was Ian there? Was Fenton around? How many trucks? What do we know of the crew on that tour?
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #15423
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Glad we're back. Josh.0 was slumming it at Ants while were were going cold turkey. Goes without saying he needs to get tested before he can get back in our bed.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #15424
gweeps

At long last!
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:03 PM   #15425
JustinC

Last time I actually logged on and posted there was during the last outage two years ago. Think it was the night Crazy Easy got busted out
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #15426
mario

I think I've only ever posted there to sell tickets

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #15427
Bluewater34
Is Old

Hey all. Hadn't checked this place in a few days, and looks like we just came back up. Good to see it back.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:03 PM   #15428
SeekUpAB

So, has Dave found the courage to quit the band yet?
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #15429
BeaufordBuddy

Did anyone read the RS article with Dave form a few weeks ago?

[Only registered users can see links.]

When asked when fans should expect a new album Dave says, "We're going to have an album at some point. It's not the Eighties or Nineties or Seventies when it mattered. We've always let people record our music, so probably they'll end up getting some of it anyway if they just tape the shows or we put some live releases out. But at some point, we'll have an album that we'll put out for whatever reason people still do that.”

He doesn't too optimistic or hopeful about putting out a new album. He's basically saying that putting out a new album doesn't matter anymore, wow. Quite a depressing quote he gave. It’s like he's tired of the whole process, that's the vibe I'm getting. Like he's saying, "Who cares about a new studio album? You'll eventually hear it through tapes or live recordings anyway."

What a lazy fuck.
BeaufordBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #15430
Bluewater34
Is Old

I get the impression that he realizes that the new songs are not his best work, and I think it might be bothering him. Which is not the wrong reaction for him to have.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:59 PM   #15431
gweeps

Many famous musicians say the album is dead. I disagree. Just because the younger generation wants single songs doesn't mean every music fan does. And it's a self-fulfilling prophecy not to release new studio albums if you've still got something to say. Maybe the problem is many don't? Then again, many who say this are filthy rich, having benefited from an industry they now put down as being oppressive. What about the newer bands and artists? How do they make the big bucks? Are things like Youtube and iTunes the new forum for them? They'll make some money touring if they're good enough, but will they ever be able to retire early like older, more famous/successful musicians?

What's Dave gonna do if he breaks up DMB? More charity work? He hasn't put out a solo album in 12 years. Occasional tours with Tim? Sell more wine? Buy a small island somewhere and move his family there in case of a zombie apocalypse.

What he needs to do is retool DMB. Politely turf Ross, encourage Coffin's musical involvement, work with no other producer than Lillywhite or, perhaps, Harris. Get Boyd some more violin training... and stop writing songs based on his family. He can't have become that narrow-minded?
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #15432
SeekUpAB

I love the quotes about how he should be more courageous. Like he's gonna go off on his own and not just shit out more songs about his kids with Tim and Rashawn still backing him. He's not even "courageous" enough to play his best material because it's slightly more complicated than the stuff he can sleepwalk through.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:42 PM   #15433
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
What's Dave gonna do if he breaks up DMB? More charity work? He hasn't put out a solo album in 12 years. Occasional tours with Tim? Sell more wine? Buy a small island somewhere and move his family there in case of a zombie apocalypse.

What he needs to do is retool DMB. Politely turf Ross, encourage Coffin's musical involvement, work with no other producer than Lillywhite or, perhaps, Harris. Get Boyd some more violin training... and stop writing songs based on his family. He can't have become that narrow-minded?
If he did split the band up, he'd at least have the option to not do anything unless he actually wanted to. Some of these quotes lately really sound like he's out there only because it's what's expected/needed by others. That's not a recipe for great work, by anyone.

But retooling the band would be a welcome, maybe necessary development if he's going to stay on that path. There's just no way to reasonably say that the band isn't stagnant right now.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #15434
brian3641

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
I think I've only ever posted there to sell tickets
Did you meet them at the aquarium?
brian3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:20 AM   #15435
BeaufordBuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancheatham View Post
Were we aware that a SBD of the 6/30/00 Soldier Field show (the one with two Take Me to the Rivers) is available for $5 from concertvault.com? Anyone know anything about this "release"?

[Only registered users can see links.]
Is there any other cover art for this release?

Al Green's mic seems to be going in and out or whatever. And the IMAX edit of Take Me To The River seems to be a mix of both takes.
BeaufordBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #15436
cryfreedom09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Zero of these will ever happen. I'll add one more to the wish list that needs to happen but won't: stop writing shitty set lists. Or I don't know, do something fan driven. These all have about the same chance as Dave joining the Republican Party.
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:15 AM   #15437
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Glad we're back. Josh.0 was slumming it at Ants while were were going cold turkey. Goes without saying he needs to get tested before he can get back in our bed.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #15438
dmb2much40

His comments are a reflection of the new songs...he's going through the motions.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #15439
wiebrod

I wasn't super excited about what seemed to be the direction of this new album during the summer, and Dave didn't really make me any more confident with those quotes.

Glad to have this place back up and running.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #15440
The Godfather
Chartz

I've never heard of any artist that is so ho-hum about their music and their band. They are extremely talented, and since the years have gone by, extremely lazy too.

He sounds like Kurt Cobain. Geez. If you want to end it, end it. if you do not want to put out the music, don't put it out. (Collectively)You're worth a half of billion as a band. Maybe worh over $100 Million by yourself DJM. [But] At the same time don't insult your fan base by saying you're going into the studio, and then come out with this interview. What, you think we were not going to read it?

Find some inspiration. All artists have it within themselves. Please stop acting brand new DJM. It's gotten old.

/endrant
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc