These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #25401
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 16,073
Anyway, the Dave Matthews Band.
__________________
-Ryan
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #25402
zaphod!
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: montreal
Posts: 21,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
You didnít ask directly, but you seemed confused when I explained why I donít respect Tiny Desk or NPR or any of their stafferís opinions about Dave Matthews.

You literally responded with which is what really set the rest of this conversation off. You didnít understand where I was coming from, so I tried to help you understand. Had you not replied with that, do you think the conversation goes any further?
it seems like you assume i replied with "" because i couldn't possibly comprehend the intellectual magnitude behind your post, when in fact i simply couldn't fathom how someone would think that this was the time and place to air such grievances.

i posted a screencap of something dave-matthews-related from the shelf of tiny desk concert, in a thread about random dmb tidbits. and you thought it was the proper venue to start a diatribe about wokeness and the problems with the left, because taylor swift sang a couple of songs on there a few months ago? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Also, itís only ďcrazyĒ (to you, several have chimed in in agreement) because you disagree and youíre uncomfortable with the context of how the conversation evolved.
i'm not sure where you get that i disagree with you from. in fact, i'm somewhat sympathetic with a lot of what you say. however, given how uncontrollably triggered you are on the topic, i would suggest to you to refrain from trying to be the messenger on this.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #25403
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
it seems like you assume i replied with "" because i couldn't possibly comprehend the intellectual magnitude behind your post, when in fact i simply couldn't fathom how someone would think that this was the time and place to air such grievances.
Okay. Maybe communicate a little bit more clearly next time that’s your intent (I don’t think it was, I think you’re being revisionist to save yourself here) as opposed to replying like an asshole with little explanation as to why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
i posted a screencap of something dave-matthews-related from the shelf of tiny desk concert, in a thread about random dmb tidbits. and you thought it was the proper venue to start a diatribe about wokeness and the problems with the left, because taylor swift sang a couple of songs on there a few months ago? ...
And I was defending Dave against NPR for not only letting an employee create that note, but leave it there as if to openly mock the guy who was nice enough to stop by their ridiculously gimmicky show. I was pointing out that opinions coming from people at NPR aren’t to be taken seriously and I used the way they spotlighted sudden-third-wave-feminist T-Swift as an example as to why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
i'm not sure where you get that i disagree with you from. in fact, i'm somewhat sympathetic with a lot of what you say. however, given how uncontrollably triggered you are on the topic, i would suggest to you to refrain from trying to be the messenger on this.
How do I gather that you disagree with me? You said Mario sounded sane to you and he was disagreeing with me?

I would like to note that I know you’re “far left,” despite your subtle olive branch (veiled by disparaging remarks, of course) here, because you use vernacular like “triggered” and “wokeness.” And of course you’re agreeing with me, because you know what I’m saying is the truth. You’re just mad that I called out your passive aggressiveness upthread and you couldn’t see past your anger to come right out and admit you agreed with me. You’ve also been trained to never openly disagree with modern left ideologies, which you weren’t aware of until I pointed all that out upthread.

Regardless, the inevitable Mario nonsensical reply from hell is hours away, and enough people want to get back to DMB that I’ll agree to end this here (and ignore Mario when he makes his triumphant return).

But at any point I’m happy to take it to the politics thread.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:08 PM   #25404
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,269
WTF happened here????
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #25405
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
WTF happened here????
Something about T Swift and Josh wanting to bang her, but only passively?
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #25406
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,269
Divisive political talk has invaded DMBc! This is proof to me that the Russians have won.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #25407
zaphod!
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: montreal
Posts: 21,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post

But at any point Iím happy to take it to the politics thread.
replied there.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #25408
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 16,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Something about T Swift and Josh wanting to bang her, but only passively?
__________________
-Ryan
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:36 PM   #25409
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Also, Taylor Swift is awesome.

Yes. yes she is.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:39 PM   #25410
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
How about the Taylor Swift thread?
theres a taylor swift thread and no one told me?
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #25411
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 31,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
theres a taylor swift thread and no one told me?


This reminds me of this scene:

__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:20 PM   #25412
dmbphan41
As heavy as stone...
 
dmbphan41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sikeston, MO
Posts: 874
anyone have minarets from 11/19/98 they could share?
__________________
9.19.00|7.9.02|8.26.02|6.17.04|7.20.05|9.21.07|8.15.08
4.25.09|6.16.10|7.15.15
dmbphan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #25413
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbphan41 View Post
anyone have minarets from 11/19/98 they could share?
[Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:37 PM   #25414
dmbphan41
As heavy as stone...
 
dmbphan41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sikeston, MO
Posts: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]
Thanks man
__________________
9.19.00|7.9.02|8.26.02|6.17.04|7.20.05|9.21.07|8.15.08
4.25.09|6.16.10|7.15.15
dmbphan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:36 PM   #25415
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbphan41 View Post
Thanks man
Anything to beat back the doldrums of the off season.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #25416
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,259
11/30 video is now circulating, thanks to Copperpot.

__________________
Currently listening to:
9/10/00, Lakewood Amphitheatre, Atlanta, GA
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #25417
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22,909
Based on the setlist, I have no interest in watching that show.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #25418
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 31,712
I did not enjoy that tour.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #25419
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 4,180
They did everyone a real favor that night, played all the songs anyone might want to hear right at the beginning. If you left for any reason after song #4, you didn't miss a damn thing.
__________________
Being a Dave Matthews fan in 2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci22 View Post
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:45 PM   #25420
jeff1818
 
jeff1818's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 343
Has Tim contributed to any DMB song writing?
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.13350 seconds with 18 queries