These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2019, 08:31 AM   #24421
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I’m from Boston originally and these two are arguably the most popular radio hosts in Boston.

What I saw happening is Dave showed up grumpy, expected a couple interviewers that would kiss his ass as usual, she went out of her way to passively tell him to fuck off a variety of ways, he got flustered not expecting that (you can see his head turning red by the end of the interview) and by the end he started talking more authentically because she didn’t give into his big league bullshit.

She was being a bitch, no doubt, but she knew what she was doing (and it seemed in response to his demeanor and attitude) and it worked.
Yup. That’s exactly how I took it. They were asking some awkward questions like what do you see (it was for radio so I guess that sorta makes sense) and what carpet do you stand on but he was a dick to them (I think there’s actually a cut before he says “he started it”) and even says don’t get rest with me or something like that. She did a good job of trying to relate to him but he’s just not a nice guy unless you’re talking about his kids (which if you notice he finally perks up when karlson mentikns he has twins and a son).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #24422
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Awkward interview for sure, but I feel like we’re watching two different videos. A little over the top to say he was being an outright dick here, guys.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #24423
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Awkward interview for sure, but I feel like we’re watching two different videos. A little over the top to say he was being an outright dick here, guys.
I thought the same thing. Seemed like pretty standard dave to me. Mario had a good post about dave’s interviews. I didn’t see anything weirder than usual with this one.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #24424
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
That Beach Ball from 2009 with the extended outro is one of their greatest latter-day performances.
Yep.

Beach Ball is a neat little tune. Heard a solo version the other day and it's a cool song. That performance is awesome and it's one of Boyd's last really solid performances too.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #24425
celluloid hero

Even “Boyd’s last really solid performance” has two or three massive out of pitch extended notes at the beginning of his featured section.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #24426
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Yep.

Beach Ball is a neat little tune. Heard a solo version the other day and it's a cool song. That performance is awesome and it's one of Boyd's last really solid performances too.
Agreed I like Beach Ball. There’s a couple of lyrics that bother me, but it’s still one of the better songs of the last decade.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #24427
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Even “Boyd’s last really solid performance” has two or three massive out of pitch extended notes at the beginning of his featured section.
You know... I was going strictly off memory. I should re-visit that performance.

He also had that awesome random solo in Break Free early 16.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:15 AM   #24428
klillyblad

Just watched the interview. No offense, but you guys are seeing what you want to see. That was like every other Dave interview, him being awkward and using self-deprecating humor.

Dead. That's so Dave.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:34 PM   #24429
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Yup. That’s exactly how I took it. They were asking some awkward questions like what do you see (it was for radio so I guess that sorta makes sense) and what carpet do you stand on but he was a dick to them (I think there’s actually a cut before he says “he started it”) and even says don’t get rest with me or something like that. She did a good job of trying to relate to him but he’s just not a nice guy unless you’re talking about his kids (which if you notice he finally perks up when karlson mentikns he has twins and a son).
Watch the interview below from +/-20 years ago. Watch the way he engages with the interviewer. Watch the way he gives thoughtful answers. This is authentic Dave. The shit you see now is him big leaguing people because he’s grumpy that he has to do the interview to begin with.

If people can’t clearly see the difference between his attitude then vs. now then I don’t know what to tell them. I get that people change, but the point I’m making is that he’s changed for the worst, and it’s really over nothing worth being so constantly upset about (adoring, if not sometimes annoying, fans/fame...that he does nothing to put an end to).

If he had been even half as diligent and authentic in the Karson and Kennedy interview they would have shown him much, much more respect. If anything, they made me miss that unapologetically “real” part of the Boston personality that goes “I don’t give a fuck who you are, I’m going to treat you with as much respect as you give to me.”

She’s been doing her gig for a loooong time. Like I said, she knew what was happening and she was more or less telling him to be real or fuck off.

Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #24430
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

It’s basically exactly the same. Except it was brand new to him back then and he was trying to bone Kennedy. His goofy half truths have just gotten a touch more jaded. Much like everyone here. And now he’s answered every one of those questions exactly 10,000 times.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:10 PM   #24431
patsfan39

I think josh nailed it. But Jack you’re right as well. It’s a bit of both. Dave is “50!” He doesn’t have to bullshit us.

My big take away is how can the guy who wails at the end of bartender be the same guy we see today. Maybe he wasn’t being ironic all those years but he’s right his band is still out of control. It’s the best concert I see every year but it’s not the same vibe as I got from listening to those 95-00 shows. It’s a party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:53 PM   #24432
TheNoise
Mr. DMB, I don't feel so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garntd View Post
I mean, I've heard worse things... It's not that bad
TheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #24433
gweeps

Here's a 2016 show that should be released:

Dave Matthews Band
July 27, 2016
MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa, FL

Lie in Our Graves »
Crash into Me
Belly Belly Nice
Black and Blue Bird
Crush
Big Eyed Fish »
Bismarck
Proudest Monkey »
Satellite
Say Goodbye
Tripping Billies
Digging a Ditch
Funny the Way It Is
Corn Bread
Lie in Our Graves [reprise] »
Stay (Wasting Time)
-----------------------------------
Granny
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:54 AM   #24434
dmb1981

Quote:

Dave Matthews Band
July 27, 2016
MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre at the Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa, FL

Lie in Our Graves »
Crash into Me
Belly Belly Nice
Black and Blue Bird
Crush
Big Eyed Fish »
Bismarck
Proudest Monkey »
Satellite
Say Goodbye
Tripping Billies
Digging a Ditch
Funny the Way It Is
Corn Bread
Stay (Wasting Time)
Granny
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel

I retract, I'll take this set... please forgive.

Last edited by dmb1981; 07-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #24435
mario

Quote:
Watch the interview below from +/-20 years ago. Watch the way he engages with the interviewer. Watch the way he gives thoughtful answers. This is authentic Dave. The shit you see now is him big leaguing people because he’s grumpy that he has to do the interview to begin with.

If people can’t clearly see the difference between his attitude then vs. now then I don’t know what to tell them. I get that people change, but the point I’m making is that he’s changed for the worst, and it’s really over nothing worth being so constantly upset about (adoring, if not sometimes annoying, fans/fame...that he does nothing to put an end to).

If he had been even half as diligent and authentic in the Karson and Kennedy interview they would have shown him much, much more respect. If anything, they made me miss that unapologetically “real” part of the Boston personality that goes “I don’t give a fuck who you are, I’m going to treat you with as much respect as you give to me.”

She’s been doing her gig for a loooong time. Like I said, she knew what was happening and she was more or less telling him to be real or fuck off.

That video is literally 25 years old. They are promoting UtTaD.

And he says a bunch of ridiculous things like that he's from the inbred mountains of virginia and that up North people are inbred but their eyes are closer together.

I have no idea how you can compare the two interviews and possibly cobble some sort of cohesive throughpoint together.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:30 PM   #24436
greykitkat36

Quote:

Dave Matthews Band
July 27, 2016

Lie in Our Graves »
Crash into Me
Belly Belly Nice
Black and Blue Bird
Crush
Big Eyed Fish »
Bismarck
Proudest Monkey »
Satellite
Say Goodbye
Tripping Billies
Digging a Ditch
Funny the Way It Is
Corn Bread
Stay (Wasting Time)
Granny
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel
SPAC N1 or CVille are the no brained 2016 release choices
For me. That show looks pretty nice, but I want the two I mentioned more.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #24437
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
That video is literally 25 years old. They are promoting UtTaD.

And he says a bunch of ridiculous things like that he's from the inbred mountains of virginia and that up North people are inbred but their eyes are closer together.

I have no idea how you can compare the two interviews and possibly cobble some sort of cohesive throughpoint together.
He’s being engaging and kind in one and a complete dick in the other?

And of course the video is old. The entire point of the post was to point out how he used to treat people in interviews versus how he treats people now. He’s a grumpy asshole all the time now.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #24438
mario

Quote:

And of course the video is old. The entire point of the post was to point out how he used to treat people in interviews versus how he treats people now. He’s a grumpy asshole all the time now.
So now he's being engaging and kind in the Cape Cod video? I don't even understand what you're saying anymore.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #24439
dmb1981

Quote:

Your demeanour hasn't changed in 20 years? Come on man, you're reaching and unreasonable. I'm not defending Dave, Dave aside, I'm saying you're way off here.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #24440
Josh.0

Aaaand Troll Mario © has officially returned.

As for others that are disagreeing respectfully, obviously I’m in the minority with my opinion. That’s fine. I see a dude acting two completely different ways. I get time changes people, and in a way I’m agreeing with that. I’m saying for Dave it changed him for the worse.

But I’ll end it here. If y’all want to believe Dave’s still a super nice dude while he literally takes dumps in your mouths with both sets and his comments alluding to disdain for his fans, I don’t want to ruin your perception.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc