These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2019, 11:49 PM   #5861
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

This kind of similar to what Top Gulf does, but on a larger scale, right?
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:33 PM   #5862
NiCK (Crush)

Astros manager and GM suspended for the season.

Loss of 1st and 2nd round draft picks for 2020 and 2021.

5 million dollar fine.

...honestly doesn't seem like enough.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:39 PM   #5863
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.

It's more than I expected; but I was hoping for loss of postseason eligibility, as well as loss of draft picks and a spending floor to make sure they don't tank for the next two years to save money since they can't make the WS, but that would get a bit too convoluted.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #5864
Josh.0

They cleared the players yet obviously the players knew about it too.

They should strip both the Astros and the Red Sox of their 2017 and 2018 championships. And I say this as a Sox fan. Normally I don’t mind some cheating - such as sign stealing from second base by base runners (because every team does it) - as I accept it as part of the game. But using technology to real-time relay signs for immediate on-the-field benefits is disgusting and probably helped some pitchers lose money and/or roster spots.

At least with the Patriots, and spygate, recording signs at the time WAS LEGAL but they were doing it from the wrong part of the stadium (a detail everyone is either unaware of or forgets entirely), and we’ve never heard any real-time benefit, at the time, of recording sideline signs in NFL games (teams likely do this today from the stands using iPhones). What the Astros and Sox did affected real-time play and is as bush league as it gets.

Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Looking forward to two days from now when Josh and greykitkat argue that all we have to do is go outside at high noon, drop our pants, bend over, and spread our ass cheeks to be cured of Corona virus and that our refusal to agree is just identity politics sjw ignorance.
Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Donald Trump eats his own boogers.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:49 PM   #5865
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

The red sox may get their title vacated. Red sox punishment expected to be ‘far worse.’ Cora devised the whole thing. In the actual mlb report they say that hinch hated the sign stealing scheme that cora created, and went as far to break the monitor twice to prevent them from stealing signs. And he still got a year! And, mlb also warned the red sox to cut the shit.

The only thing I’ve heard that makes the sox title not seem dirty as shit, is that starting with the 2018 postseason the teams had no longer had access to the replay room.

Dodgers fans should be fucking livid.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:10 PM   #5866
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Hinch and Luhnow just got shitcanned.

Old 01-13-2020, 03:15 PM   #5867
NiCK (Crush)

love it
Old 01-13-2020, 05:37 PM   #5868
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
They cleared the players yet obviously the players knew about it too.

They should strip both the Astros and the Red Sox of their 2017 and 2018 championships. And I say this as a Sox fan. Normally I don’t mind some cheating - such as sign stealing from second base by base runners (because every team does it) - as I accept it as part of the game. But using technology to real-time relay signs for immediate on-the-field benefits is disgusting and probably helped some pitchers lose money and/or roster spots.

At least with the Patriots, and spygate, recording signs at the time WAS LEGAL but they were doing it from the wrong part of the stadium (a detail everyone is either unaware of or forgets entirely), and we’ve never heard any real-time benefit, at the time, of recording sideline signs in NFL games (teams likely do this today from the stands using iPhones). What the Astros and Sox did affected real-time play and is as bush league as it gets.
Eh...I wouldn't downplay Spygate that much. In the tape room of the Pats facility there were shelves worth of undocumented tapes that had been collected for YEARS that one could argue gave Belichick a huge leg up. When the NFL gained access to the tape room, they HAD to have stumbled upon notes, tapes, recordings, etc...that would have SEVERELY damaged the NFL's reputation as many believe the scandal stretched beyond Foxborough and was coordinated along with a few other teams and media outlets.

What was found in that tape room was apparently so egregious that Goodell and the NFL didn't even collect it as saved and logged evidence for the fine and penalties, rather they freaking burned, smashed, and shredded all the evidence within the course of two weeks. That was the biggest thing that came from that, it wasn't even the taping and the fact that they were caught, it was this almost conspiratorial effort to deny access to the evidence even to owners other officials in the NFL.

Who really knows what would have happened had that evidence been kept and shared among some of the other owners in the league and NFL officials. Now Goodells excuse was that they destroyed the evidence so that it wouldn't have landed in the lap of other teams who could use it to their benefit as well BUT to that point, there was A LOT of tape and notes that were found from prior years that would not have effected the gameplay at that time had it been used as public evidence. It's easy to say that Spygate isn't the same because we (the public) were never given the chance to see and/or hear the evidence. With the Red Sox...the evidence played out on the field for all to see and hear so it's easier to assess the damage.

I think with this situation it's that the cheating was SO blatant with no regard for anyone, the other team, the fans, the MLB, etc... and the fact that they won the Series. If this was just a case of a recording and radio signaling to the bench, that's one thing...heck weren't there a few teams accused of radio-signaling signs like 5 or 6 years ago?...if it was just that, it's one thing, but the fact that they were using real-time noise signaling to on-field players, even using a fucking trash can at one point which showed Cora's hubris to truly not give a shit and basically cheat while simultaneously giving the finger to everyone else. When you're so blatant like Cora was, it was a whole new level of cheating. I think what strikes a nerve with everyone about this particular cheating scandal is that people are upset that Cora and others involved assumed the general public were morons and would never catch on. So they basically cheat and essentially call you an idiot at the same time with how "in your face" this all was. Very sad.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:03 AM   #5869
greykitkat36

I think the punishment is fair and perfectly administered. They both deserve to go for this and the fine and draft picks especially are killer for the franchise. Losing their GM is a big deal too, he was a smart dude, too smart for his own good unfortunately.

It wouldn't be fair to all the players to suspend the team from being able to make the playoffs or WS next year. Even though players were involved, they weren't in charge, they didn't have control and they didn't come up with the idea, they were just using what was there for them and what was being condoned by the management. Plus, there are players there now that weren't even on the team when this was happening, and in general it'd be totally unfair to strip them of an entire season for that. So I like this punishment.

And those 1 year suspensions will ultimatley be longer. Going to really tough for any team to hire those guys now and sell that to their fanbase. "Hey guys, here's our new manager, the guy who cheated and fucked everyone over"
Old 01-15-2020, 03:02 PM   #5870
Mitch

Mets gotta shit-can Beltran and move on. It'd be yet another "Only the Mets" situation for them to be the only one retaining a tainted key individual from a cheating scandal they didn't even benefit from at all

Dump him and move on. Stupid hire in the first place. Girardi was there for the taking!! Fucking morons.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:28 PM   #5871
NiCK (Crush)

Man, that video of Cora winking about Beltran after the London Series is insane looking back with what we know now.

What a shitshow.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:51 PM   #5872
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.

Quote:
Mets gotta shit-can Beltran and move on. It'd be yet another "Only the Mets" situation for them to be the only one retaining a tainted key individual from a cheating scandal they didn't even benefit from at all

Dump him and move on. Stupid hire in the first place. Girardi was there for the taking!! Fucking morons.
It's also a complete no-brainer to hire Hensley Meulens as the manager. I wanted him on the Marlins staff badly.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #5873
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Beltran is out. Most successful Mets manager ever? He never lost!
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #5874
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Jessica Mendoza doubling down on stupid [Only registered users can see links.]
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #5875
NiCK (Crush)

Bochy has to get a job out of all of this, right?
Old 01-16-2020, 02:20 PM   #5876
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Beltran is out. Most successful Mets manager ever? He never lost!
I'm happy. Had to be done. Not that I'm so offended by the sign stealing thing. I just thought it was a bad hire in the first place, so why even take on his extra baggage now. Cut bait and move on. Now it's interesting to see what they do. Do they do the easy thing and dust off Terry Collins, who's still with the organization, as "interim" manager for a year. Or do they call up Eduardo Perez or Tim Bogar, who were finalists for the job? Or give the job to Hensley Muellens or Luis Rojas, who are already in-house. I'd be shocked if it's not one of those names, but this is the Mets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Brodie won't hire him for the same reason he wouldn't hire Girardi. He wants a puppet.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:52 PM   #5877
NiCK (Crush)

Holy fuck, this Altuve and Bregman shit now.

They wore vibrating devices under their jerseys to notify them when certain pitches are being thrown.

There is video of Altuve hitting a walk-off against Chapman and he's clutching his uniform so his teammates dont rip it off

This is so ugly.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:31 PM   #5878
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
I prefer if he stuck to his word and stayed retired. Wouldn't shock me though if teams are contacting him.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:31 PM   #5879
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

mlb done opened a can of worms

Looks like Beltran’s niece has photos of the buzzers on players in the locker room too.

Old 01-16-2020, 05:16 PM   #5880
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
mlb done opened a can of worms
good.

it's hard enough to win a world series.

and all the teams exposed so far were already powerhouses without the cheating.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc