These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #41
Mitch

I would just leave it alone. Not sure what you'd expect the Sheriff to do about it anyway.

Endure it for a little longer, he'll be gone. You could try harmonizing with him on Highway to Hell?
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:07 AM   #42
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
There is a new house being built right across the street from me. For the past two days the drywall mud guy is very clearly on something. He screams every 30 seconds or so, throws things, hits himself, has weird violent looking outbursts where he shakes his whole body. And on the rare occasion that he's not doing those things he sings Highway to Hell at the top of his lungs.

I normally don't like to get involved but he was there until 8:30 last night and so I pretty much have to keep the kids in the house all evening, which sucks. He just showed up at 2 PM I expect he'll be doing it again tonight.

There are other people working on the house, what must be going through their heads? They leave at a decent hour though.

I called the builder this morning to complain, left a voicemail.

The advice I need... do I call the Sheriff tonight while he's alone again and doing his crazy shit? I hate to get involved especially if he figures out I'm the one that called. I imagine he won't be there too long... maybe a week more? I could just wait it out.

I'd be more concerned that if he's on something and drives somewhere. Normally I would say ignore it, but maybe call the non-emergency number and see what they advise you to do. I would hope an officer comes out and chats with him. Let them determine if he's sober or not. Hopefully the guy is just bat shit crazy and not on anything. If he is high and driving, I hope he can get to his destination safely.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #43
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

So my mom is coming to visit for Thanksgiving. Without her husband. Lesser part of the story, but life has been fucking him in the ass medically lately and I don’t blame him for drinking more than he should, however apparently he is not welcome on this trip. Ongoing saga.

There’s some unnecessary exposition. So mom is coming and originally planned to stay at the hotel 3-minutes walking distance up the road. My lady and I have been living in a small one-bedroom here in Flag for 18ish months while we get our bearings but regardless, I offered her a queen air mattress on the living room floor, trying to be nice. She took me up on it. I figure she’s just trying to hang out with us and save some cash.

Question is: she’s still young at 58, but she’s my momma. What’s the etiquete on giving her my bedroom and us sleeping on the air-mattress in the living room?
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #44
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
So my mom is coming to visit for Thanksgiving. Without her husband. Lesser part of the story, but life has been fucking him in the ass medically lately and I don’t blame him for drinking more than he should, however apparently he is not welcome on this trip. Ongoing saga.

There’s some unnecessary exposition. So mom is coming and originally planned to stay at the hotel 3-minutes walking distance up the road. My lady and I have been living in a small one-bedroom here in Flag for 18ish months while we get our bearings but regardless, I offered her a queen air mattress on the living room floor, trying to be nice. She took me up on it. I figure she’s just trying to hang out with us and save some cash.

Question is: she’s still young at 58, but she’s my momma. What’s the etiquete on giving her my bedroom and us sleeping on the air-mattress in the living room?
I think that's entirely up to you....might be nice to offer and just "suck it up" for a few days. She definitely wants to spend time together, maybe vent a little and get away from whatever may be getting her down in her day-to-day.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #45
Bluewater34
Is Old

If it were me, I would definitely offer the bed. But I also know my parents would be expecting the offer so they could graciously decline it.

Last edited by Bluewater34; 11-19-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #46
blumathu

Also factor in your lady's opinion on the matter. If there is anything I've learned in life, it's that more often than not, it's best to give a higher weight to your SO's opinion than anyone else's.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:56 AM   #47
bassplayer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post

My wife and I live in a one bedroom. When my mom comes to stay we always offer the bed but she always refuses. She often sleeps on a couch or an air mattress.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #48
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
If there is anything I've learned in life, it's that more often than not, it's best to give a higher weight to your SO's opinion than anyone else's.
Wow. Even your own?
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:07 PM   #49
Josh.0

Personally I'd just book her a nearby Airbnb or hotel and call it a Christmas gift.
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:31 PM   #50
Mitch

Damn, Jayes' Mom is only 8 yrs older than me. That's the only thing I took from that story
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:49 PM   #51
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Old man mitch!
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:25 AM   #52
Jayes

Thanks for weighing in, folks. I think I’m leaning toward offering her the bedroom and figuring she’ll probably decline. I’m 30 now: time to be a decent son and suck it up.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:55 AM   #53
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Do your wife and mother get along?
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #54
Jayes

Absolutely. Better than I knew, apparently. They’ve been besties on the phone lately. Yay?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc