These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2019, 08:55 PM   #821
Bluewater34
Is Old

If she’s got the evidence that the reports yesterday sounded like she did, and the FBI has it, he’s already in big trouble.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:46 PM   #822
mja271

Welp, he’s fucked. It’s disappointing seeing just how shitty so many people are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:10 AM   #823
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
I can't imagine how he can put out the records and tour. I hope he takes a long break.

He needs to get sober. And he has serious mental health issues that he needs to address.

I hope he takes a long break and comes back from this a better man.
[Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:14 AM   #824
.Gary.

I've tried to rationalize it, but it's so fucked.

He was poised to have a great professional year, too. Sad to see people ruin their lives with awful decision-making.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #825
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

If it weren’t for the 14 year old it would actually be really easy to rationalize.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #826
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
If it werenít for the 14 year old it would actually be really easy to rationalize.
Even then....the rest of that stuff is pretty fucked up.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #827
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I don’t think he really cared to see that girl’s ID. If he did, he would have kept pushing the issue. He knew what he was doing. Pretty sick stuff.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #828
.Gary.

Quote:
If it werenít for the 14 year old it would actually be really easy to rationalize.
That's exactly my point.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #829
Crush87

Quote:
If it weren’t for the 14 year old it would actually be really easy to rationalize.
After reading this, I don't know if the relationship type stuff that was reported on (which I felt actually diminished the bigger sexting story) can be rationalized:

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
scarymansion
Several people have reached out and asked if I was OK after the New York Times article about Ryan Adams came out. I debated whether or not I wanted to publicly add to the chorus of women who were psychologically/sexually terrorized by Adams, or if it would even “help” anything to share my experience. But I did read the article, I am not OK, and I do want to add.
For almost a full year in the early 2000’s, Ryan Adams overtook my life. He appeared out of nowhere at one of my shows, told me he was a fan of my comics and music, and asked me to design his next record cover. I was flattered, and then nearly everything was consumed with either fighting him off sexually and/or being told that he would produce my music and take me on tour with him. He bought me extravagant gifts and begged me for sleepovers at his house, despite the fact that I had a boyfriend at the time. He wanted to see me every day, and texted me hundreds, if not thousands of times over the year. I spent day after day in his apartment in New York, under the pretense that I would be “working on art”, while he tried to get me to watch movies in bed. He, at one point, pushed my face into his crotch and told me to give him a blow job. That was near the end. I essentially had to “flee” the situation (ran out of his house, stopped returning his calls, maybe changed my number?? I don’t remember), but I do remember being on a bus back to my hometown, Ryan screaming at me on the phone to break up with my boyfriend and come back to his house. And he still hadn’t paid me for the artwork I had done, nor had he ever mentioned again any music or tour stuff (eventually he did pay me). There are so many more details and stories about that year that I don’t even feel up to sharing. Poor @mandymooremm, and poor everyone. He would talk shit about her to me constantly (Classy.). I found out later that he had been dating her that entire time. I think they got married soon after that comment.
I’m glad this article came out, and thank you for everyone who spoke out. I can’t believe he did what he did.
As a human being, I care that Mandy was in such an awful marriage, but I don't think that has any place in a NYT article. Same with Bridgers - who in an interview with the Guardian a little while back straight up said she was "super down" for what initially transpired between the two. These are adults with their own agency and that has to be part of the conversation. But Leah's story paints a picture of a man who relentlessly went after women under the guise of shared artistry and acted like a complete asshole bordering on monster. His public actions over the years just make so much more sense to me now. As does his marriage to Mandy which was always a real "WTF?" move. I think Leah's account better contextualizes what the women in the NYT article were dealing with.
Crush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #830
dmb2much40

Unfortunately none of this is too surprising.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #831
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
Unfortunately none of this is too surprising.
Yep. Hate it because Ryan Adams is one of my favorites. But I was in no way surprised to read any of it.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #832
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Does anyone have the solo acoustic version of Hard Way To Fall? I think it is from 12/2002, but I can’t find it in archive.

Also, I was searching for it and found a thread from 11 years ago on TBY.org, and they mention two alternate versions. A fan club version and a Black Clouds version? Does anyone have these? I have one in itunes with a run time of 4:19, I assume this is one of them, but it skips.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:44 AM   #833
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
I'll check my archives when I get home.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #834
.Gary.

Miss this fucker.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #835
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Me too man.

He definitely fucked up, but I still love the music. He'll be back in time and maybe he'll get his shit together.

You can very easily make the case that Neal Casal was my favorite musician. Between all of his side projects I have more records that he is on than anything else in my collection. I miss the Cardinals. Revisiting those shows never gets old. Ryan has written some of my favorite songs ever and I don't suspect that will ever change. Just hope he can get it together.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc