These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #3821
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Definitely going to need to check out some more of that.
same here! That's great stuff!
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #3822
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 14,733
RIP Gord Downie. Knew it was coming, but it still sucks.

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #3823
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
RIP Gord Downie. Knew it was coming, but it still sucks.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Today is not a good day for me to be swamped at work. Been holding back my emotions all day. It's brutal. Feels like LeRoi all over again, but I admit that 2016 definitely helped me grieve the loss in advance.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #3824
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 14,733
Unfortunately for me it wasn't until the outpouring of emotions surrounding his diagnosis and the end of the Hip that I even paid much attention to them. And oh man, do I regret that. They're exactly the kind of band that I love, and I really don't know how they stayed off my radar for so long.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #3825
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Unfortunately for me it wasn't until the outpouring of emotions surrounding his diagnosis and the end of the Hip that I even paid much attention to them. And oh man, do I regret that. They're exactly the kind of band that I love, and I really don't know how they stayed off my radar for so long.
I imagine a lot of people were in your boat. I've been a fan since 2004. And I wish it were earlier. Luckily I managed to see 22 shows, including three last summer including their final show ever. Plus the Secret Path show in Toronto. All of that helped me say goodbye better than I could ever imagine.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #3826
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,622
2016 and 2017 are both really tough years for deaths.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #3827
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,265
It’s only going to get worse from here on out, as we all get older.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #3828
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Itís only going to get worse from here on out, as we all get older.
Yea that's true.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #3829
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 28,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Definitely going to need to check out some more of that.
Damn, yeah. Love it.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #3830
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 14,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Damn, yeah. Love it.
I grabbed their EP, and it's pretty great. I made the mistake of listening to it right after I finished Houses of the Holy, and it was a bad place to put it. So just don't do that.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #3831
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I grabbed their EP, and it's pretty great. I made the mistake of listening to it right after I finished Houses of the Holy, and it was a bad place to put it. So just don't do that.
I listened to their EP on Spotify so far and I love it. I think I'm going to officially purchase it now
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:07 AM   #3832
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,130
His new album, Something Like a Storm, is out today.

gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:00 PM   #3833
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 14,733
Tom Waits is going to be reissuing all of his albums dating back to Mule Variations on CD and vinyl before the end of the year. They're going to be remastered, but it doesn't look like any unheard material is going to be included. The outtakes box set Orphans Brawlers and Bawlers is going to be rereleased next year.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #3834
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Tom Waits is going to be reissuing all of his albums dating back to Mule Variations on CD and vinyl before the end of the year. They're going to be remastered, but it doesn't look like any unheard material is going to be included. The outtakes box set Orphans Brawlers and Bawlers is going to be rereleased next year.
I'll probably buy another copy of Real Gone on CD because it's going to be remixed. Should be interesting to hear the differences.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #3835
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 14,733
I forgot to note that. I'm curious what the purpose of that is.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #3836
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I forgot to note that. I'm curious what the purpose of that is.
Yeah, seems odd. But hey, it's Tom Waits, so I'm not questioning too much.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:12 PM   #3837
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,130
Oh, and as per the e-mail I got about the reissues. Love this picture:

gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #3838
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 14,733
RIP Fats Domino. That's not my favorite era of Rock and Roll, and I was actually surprised because I thought he had died years ago, but there's simply no way to find fault with this song:

__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:35 PM   #3839
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
RIP Fats Domino. That's not my favorite era of Rock and Roll, and I was actually surprised because I thought he had died years ago, but there's simply no way to find fault with this song:

Love Louis's version.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #3840
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 9,073
There seems to be a ton of momentum about this band "Greta Van Fleet."

A few students said you gotta check them out. They also popped up on my news feed this morning. So I took a listen.

Bunch of teenage/early 20's kids trying to pull of a Zeppelin cover band thing. Woof
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11188 seconds with 22 queries