You failed this band

Uh, that's friggin' awesome man.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #2863
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I know this doesn't really belong in here, but I just went to pick up my kids, and as I was walking by the dumpster I saw this sitting on a table next to it:

While I was taking a look at it to see what was wrong with it, the former owner came out and told me it was fine, he just didn't want to move it. It's a Fender Squier Strat, in perfect condition. Covered in dust and completely out of tune, so I'm guessing that the guy bought it and never learned how to play it. Gonna buy a Pig Nose and take it for a spin this weekend.

He didn't wanna move...a guitar?! F*ck yeah! One man's trash is another man's kick ass guitar, haha! Well done.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #2864
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
He didn't wanna move...a guitar?! F*ck yeah! One man's trash is another man's kick ass guitar, haha! Well done.

Well, he was Asian and had a pretty thick accent, so I'm wondering if he didn't want to move it back across the ocean. Either that or he just has more money than sense.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #2865
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Well, he was Asian and had a pretty thick accent, so I'm wondering if he didn't want to move it back across the ocean. Either that or he just has more money than sense.

OK, that makes more sense.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #2866
BeaufordBuddy

Quote:
I know this doesn't really belong in here, but I just went to pick up my kids, and as I was walking by the dumpster I saw this sitting on a table next to it:

While I was taking a look at it to see what was wrong with it, the former owner came out and told me it was fine, he just didn't want to move it. It's a Fender Squier Strat, in perfect condition. Covered in dust and completely out of tune, so I'm guessing that the guy bought it and never learned how to play it. Gonna buy a Pig Nose and take it for a spin this weekend.
What a shame for him but hell of a score for you.
BeaufordBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:12 PM   #2867
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Get those pick ups out of there and have it set up and it will make for a fun rehearsal guitar! Good find!
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #2868
sean52692
You failed this band

Ugh, now I'm gonna go drive around in the suburbs on trash day looking for a gem like that, aren't I?
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #2869
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Get those pick ups out of there and have it set up and it will make for a fun rehearsal guitar! Good find!

Yeah, the very first thing I noticed was that those pickups are garbage. Definitely going to have them replaced at some point.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #2870
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

That's an awesome score. Congrats!
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #2871
RageATL
The Dude abides

Kamasi Washington "The Epic"

Has anyone checked this out yet? It's a triple-length, 172-minute debut album.

Kamasi Washington - "Re Run Home":

Old 05-26-2015, 05:14 PM   #2872
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:

that's good stuff.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:20 PM   #2873
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:

I heard one short cut off of that the other day, and I'll definitely be checking out more of it. It sounded incredible. Like, maybe one of the best jazz albums in years incredible.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:25 AM   #2874
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I was wondering if I could get your guy's opinions on physical CD collections. Recently, I decided to transfer all of my physical CDs into digital FLAC format. I already have my CDs copied into mp3 format, but I want higher resolution copies.

My question is this. Do you guys still keep your physical CDs, or have you traded them in at music stores? I'm debating whether or not to keep my physical collection still. I do have a vinyl collection, so the issue is whether or not I want to accumulate more space. Any thoughts?
Old 05-27-2015, 05:37 AM   #2875
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I was wondering if I could get your guy's opinions on physical CD collections. Recently, I decided to transfer all of my physical CDs into digital FLAC format. I already have my CDs copied into mp3 format, but I want higher resolution copies.

My question is this. Do you guys still keep your physical CDs, or have you traded them in at music stores? I'm debating whether or not to keep my physical collection still. I do have a vinyl collection, so the issue is whether or not I want to accumulate more space. Any thoughts?

I absolutely still keep my physical CD collection...regardless of how much my collection is backed up, it's just a fact that hard drives crash so nothing will ever replace having the disc to refer back to. Not to mention, I occasionally like to thumb through the liner notes and such while the music is playing, but then again, I'm artsy-fartsy like that.

Last edited by RageATL; 05-27-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #2876
gweeps

Quote:
I absolutely still keep my physical CD collection...regardless of how much my collection is backed up, it's just a fact that hard drives crash so nothing will ever replace having the disc to refer back to. Not to mention, I occasionally like to thumb through the liner notes and such while the music is playing, but then again, I'm artsy-fartsy like that.
I agree. I've recently returned to buying CDs and it feels like I'm more attached to the music when I go through the process of opening a CD case, taking the disc out, etc. etc.. I still backup the albums, but like you said, cloud storage may not always be accessible and hard drives die, so it's better to be safe than sorry. Sure there's fire, but, well, you'd probably lose much more important stuff in one to be worrying too much about that. They could be stolen, too. But still.. backing up on hard drives and cloud storage is best. Also, I only buy the albums I really want. I use iTunes and other such sites to purchase individual songs. And when I buy CDs, I generally buy them used, so I'm saving a passel of money.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #2877
Bluewater34
Is Old

General Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post

I sold the vast majority of my CD collection last summer. I kept maybe 50 or so of the rarer, harder-to-find stuff that don't seem to be available digitally. I get my crate-digging jones from vinyl now.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:08 AM   #2878
Bluewater34
Is Old

I put this in the "album" thread, but I really recommend everyone get on their iTunes and download "Surf" by Donnie Trumpet and the Social Experiment. It's free, and it's one of the best Hip Hop albums I've heard in a very long time. It's live-instruments, jumps genres all over the place, and has Chance the Rapper all over it (this is his backing band). It's really amazing.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:11 AM   #2879
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
I agree. I've recently returned to buying CDs and it feels like I'm more attached to the music when I go through the process of opening a CD case, taking the disc out, etc. etc.. I still backup the albums, but like you said, cloud storage may not always be accessible and hard drives die, so it's better to be safe than sorry. Sure there's fire, but, well, you'd probably lose much more important stuff in one to be worrying too much about that. They could be stolen, too. But still.. backing up on hard drives and cloud storage is best. Also, I only buy the albums I really want. I use iTunes and other such sites to purchase individual songs. And when I buy CDs, I generally buy them used, so I'm saving a passel of money.
Quote:
I sold the vast majority of my CD collection last summer. I kept maybe 50 or so of the rarer, harder-to-find stuff that don't seem to be available digitally. I get my crate-digging jones from vinyl now.
thank you for the responses everyone. I appreciate the advice.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:53 PM   #2880
RageATL
The Dude abides

General Music Thread

Quote:
I put this in the "album" thread, but I really recommend everyone get on their iTunes and download "Surf" by Donnie Trumpet and the Social Experiment. It's free, and it's one of the best Hip Hop albums I've heard in a very long time. It's live-instruments, jumps genres all over the place, and has Chance the Rapper all over it (this is his backing band). It's really amazing.

I will DL this for sure. Not sure if you've ever heard of Spam Allstars's "Fuacata Live!" but I would categorize the same way...except it's Cuban...and not hip-hop.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc