These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #81
harmonikfuzion

I worked out last night. Worked my way through a family sized pan of microwavable shepherds pie and a couple beers. Seriously though, as soon as I get the money for running shoes, my ass is back in the gym. Right now my achilles is all fucked up from not wearing the right shoes so I've been rehabbing it by gradually putting more weight on it, in the form of a respectable gut.
harmonikfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #82
JWood

JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #83
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
I worked out last night. Worked my way through a family sized pan of microwavable shepherds pie and a couple beers. Seriously though, as soon as I get the money for running shoes, my ass is back in the gym. Right now my achilles is all fucked up from not wearing the right shoes so I've been rehabbing it by gradually putting more weight on it, in the form of a respectable gut.
godspeed.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #84
harmonikfuzion

Old 03-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #85
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
I don't drink a ton, but if I cut it out altogether my weight loss would be a lot easier. I have a big frame and want to drop around 25-30 pounds. I'm 6'3 245 right now. I'm kind of rededicating myself and trying to get in that 220 range where I haven't been in a couple of years.
I go through periods where I drink a lot and then I drink very little. Not on purpose, for some reason it just happens. I get sick of boozing, so I won't drink for like a month, but then I miss it so I'll practically binge every weekend for a month (roughly).

The only reason I've even noticed I have this habit is I'll weigh myself once day, notice I've dropped 5-7ish pounds, wonder how it happened, and then realize I haven't had a drink in a couple of weeks. Then, when I start drinking, my weight doesn't move at all, or I'll gain a couple of pounds over the course of a few weeks.

MaLaKaS - check out the link below. This is a phenominal read about when to eat what and how much you should eat of different things (carbs, protein, etc). It really is worth the time it takes to read it and figure out what's right for you.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 03-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #86
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
MaLaKaS - check out the link below. This is a phenominal read about when to eat what and how much you should eat of different things (carbs, protein, etc). It really is worth the time it takes to read it and figure out what's right for you.

[Only registered users can see links.]
thank you very much sir. I will definitely read this.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #87
ethaxton

I feel like I need a double degree in Chemistry and Nutrition to read some of those articles.
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #88
harmonikfuzion

Don't worry about the chemistry part, the authors don't know much of it themselves. My mom has my girlfriend screen all the "studies" that come through her gym because there's so much bullshit out there.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #89
ethaxton

I read the article, and I'm an avid lifter and health nut, and I maybe retained about 10% of the info. I think I have ADHD when it comes to reading anything that isn't about sports or entertainment. FML
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #90
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
Don't worry about the chemistry part, the authors don't know much of it themselves. My mom has my girlfriend screen all the "studies" that come through her gym because there's so much bullshit out there.
This is true, but I can vouch for that article. I've been loosely following his method (basically most carbs in the morning, a little at lunch, a little before your workout, a little after, and mostly high protein all during the day and especially after you're done with your carb intake) and I've dropped 7 lbs in two weeks. I'm down from 194 to 187.

Granted, I ran a 5K Sunday so I did a little extra running last week before the race (I almost never run), but it is what it is.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #91
harmonikfuzion

yah, i was speaking generally, and more about the supplements than the diets.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #92
Josh.0

Yeah the only supplement I take is Protein Isolate and a glucose pre-workout shake (at the recommendation of ethaxton).

But otherwise, I don't buy into the other shit (figuratively and literally).
Old 03-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #93
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Josh, what's your opinion on HGH?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #94
Josh.0

Honestly, I don't know enough about it. I really don't talk to or know anyone who takes any growth hormones or steroids (other than the clearly-juicing roidheads at the gym, who I don't talk to).

I would never take anything that isn't basically whey-based, because I'm just not that into getting an overly-bulky "huge" look. Plus, I like my heart and don't want to do anything that may fuck it up down the road.

My take is if it's reported to be dangerous, better safe than sorry and just avoid it.

To be honest yet again, I don't want to come across as an expert on anything, whether it's dieting or working out. I just know what's worked and not worked for me over the years, and I like to try different things out. I'll try to dig up my workout sheets and post it here, maybe someone will find it helpful.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #95
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Yea, I am not interested in it either, but I hear a lot of ppl talking a lot about it at the gym. Jacked dudes
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #96
drh424s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Josh, what's your opinion on HGH?

Don't take it, you restrict your calories, give yourself hormone increases that are prominently present in femals, and with a 500 calorie diet, you won't ever have energy or want to work out and thus you'll lose mostly water weight and fat, not get the muscle that's better off in the gym.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm a CSCS certified trainer and nutritionist, and a contributor to mens health. (Even worked with dave a few times in 2009).
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #97
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh424s View Post
Don't take it, you restrict your calories, give yourself hormone increases that are prominently present in femals, and with a 500 calorie diet, you won't ever have energy or want to work out and thus you'll lose mostly water weight and fat, not get the muscle that's better off in the gym.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm a CSCS certified trainer and nutritionist, and a contributor to mens health. (Even worked with dave a few times in 2009).
I would LOVE to pick your brain on what it was like to get certified, how long it took, etc. I've been thinking a lot about trying to get into personal training for a while.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #98
hobbesthecat
I am Van Wilder

guys - not to be a dick, if you take HGH you're a fucking dumbass

you don't need a PhD to figure that out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Shut the fuck up you filthy whore. Jesuit school has made you soft.
hobbesthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #99
Josh.0

Yeah, I think everyone definitely agrees on that. I think he was more just asking in general what the harm was.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #100
Josh.0

My personal routine is attached. I stole it from a routine I found online a while back, altered it a bit, and threw this spreadsheet together and then recently added notes I took from the "cutting" article I posted earlier.

It's a four day plan, but usually I end up doing "Day 1" a second time in the seven day span, so I end up going about five times in the week. I just printed a million copies and thew it in a notebook that I bring with me.

I also added dietary tracking columns, but they serve as more of a general guide for what I hope to do that day. Honestly, I rarely look at that part and just try to keep the general guidelines on carb and protein intake in mind throughout the day.

If anything's ever going to kill me forever on this site, it's this post. Especially after Spence is done with it. Throwing caution to the wind on this.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Routine.xls (50.5 KB, 11 views)

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc