These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #881
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Nice! Congrats!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #882
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Kid #3 is due in early June.

Congratulations
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:57 PM   #883
Majew10

I was in a pretty bad car wreck a few days ago. I looked away for one second to see if we had baby wipes in the front of the car. On an unfimilar road i crossed into an intersection and was nailed on the driver side door and pushed into a telephone pole.

I just can’t get the feeling of remorse and helplessness out of my head. My wife, 16 month old daughter, and my wife’s 81 year old grandmother were all in the car. By nothing short of a miracle my daughter was untouched. Myself and my wife are bruised but alive and the worst part is my wife’s grandmother has multiple fractures and requires surgery.

It truely is amazing what a minute (second) can do. It’s just been such a horrible past 13 months. My wife’s mother battled stage 4 cancer and luckily is now in remission. My wife’s grandfather passed away 2 weeks before Christmas and now this. Something as simple as getting her out of the house for dinner turned into her ending up in the hospital because of my fuck up. Does the feeling of guilt ever go away?

My Stats
Majew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:22 AM   #884
Bluewater34
Is Old

I’m really sorry to hear that you went through that. Just remember that it was a mistake. You did something that literally everyone does from time to time, but the timing was bad. Sometimes the only thing you can do is learn from a mistake and put it behind you. Remember, it could have been a lot worse, but, and this is crucial, it wasn’t. If it’s still really eating at you in a few weeks, go see a professional. I hope you’re ok.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:27 AM   #885
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majew10 View Post
I was in a pretty bad car wreck a few days ago. I looked away for one second to see if we had baby wipes in the front of the car. On an unfimilar road i crossed into an intersection and was nailed on the driver side door and pushed into a telephone pole.

I just canít get the feeling of remorse and helplessness out of my head. My wife, 16 month old daughter, and my wifeís 81 year old grandmother were all in the car. By nothing short of a miracle my daughter was untouched. Myself and my wife are bruised but alive and the worst part is my wifeís grandmother has multiple fractures and requires surgery.

It truely is amazing what a minute (second) can do. Itís just been such a horrible past 13 months. My wifeís mother battled stage 4 cancer and luckily is now in remission. My wifeís grandfather passed away 2 weeks before Christmas and now this. Something as simple as getting her out of the house for dinner turned into her ending up in the hospital because of my fuck up. Does the feeling of guilt ever go away?
I'm happy to hear you and your family are more okay than otherwise would have been expected from an accident like that.

Guilt is only something you should feel if you deliberately did something you know is wrong. Don't confuse it with helplessness, which is a natural feeling in a case like this.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:49 AM   #886
Majew10

Thanks guys. It just keeps replaying in my head. I think the thing that haunts me the most was my daughter did not make a sound and my door was pitched shut from the impact. My aderiline got the door open and thank god to my surprise she was awake, alert and ok. It really happens in a flash. Worst part is it’s a blind intersection that has 2-3 accidents a year and the state has done nothing because the last fatal wreck there was 30 years ago. No reason it shouldn’t be a 4 way stop with better signage. Not saying it would have made things any better in my accident but it’s sad knowing how many have happened on that road the past couple years.

My Stats
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #887
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

You have to let the guilt go, as hard as it may seem. Accidents happen anytime, anywhere and to anyone no matter how attentive people are. Just Thank god your family is OK. Bones will fix themselves and your GIL knows you weren't trying to hurt her so there is no reason for her to be angry.
But also dont hold any guilt or remorse in. Make sure you talk to your wife and her family and let them know how you feel, its OK to show emotion as a grown man... Keep your head up and take care of your baby
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #888
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:

I just canít get the feeling of remorse and helplessness out of my head. My wife, 16 month old daughter, and my wifeís 81 year old grandmother were all in the car. By nothing short of a miracle my daughter was untouched. Myself and my wife are bruised but alive and the worst part is my wifeís grandmother has multiple fractures and requires surgery.

It truely is amazing what a minute (second) can do. Itís just been such a horrible past 13 months. My wifeís mother battled stage 4 cancer and luckily is now in remission. My wifeís grandfather passed away 2 weeks before Christmas and now this. Something as simple as getting her out of the house for dinner turned into her ending up in the hospital because of my fuck up. Does the feeling of guilt ever go away?
Wow. I am sorry. What a terrible thing. Guilt is one of the worst and stickiest feelings to deal with especially when you feel like your actions caused others harm. It sounds like you're doing a good job dealing with these emotions instead of suppressing them. I think the best thing you can do is to continue to work through this experience and notice what you're feeling... God bless
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #889
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I’m really sorry to hear that you went through that. Just remember that it was a mistake. You did something that literally everyone does from time to time, but the timing was bad. Sometimes the only thing you can do is learn from a mistake and put it behind you. Remember, it could have been a lot worse, but, and this is crucial, it wasn’t. If it’s still really eating at you in a few weeks, go see a professional. I hope you’re ok.

This. 100% this. Everyone’s going to recover, both emotionally and physically.

Was this in NEPA? Just wondering if I know the intersection you’re talking about.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #890
Majew10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
This. 100% this. Everyoneís going to recover, both emotionally and physically.

Was this in NEPA? Just wondering if I know the intersection youíre talking about.
Club 40 Road and Stockton Mountain Road in Hazleton. Right outside Hazleton General Hospital.

My Stats
Old 01-15-2018, 07:26 PM   #891
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Damn. Glad to hear everyone is okay. That is the only thing that matters.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #892
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Quote:
Club 40 Road and Stockton Mountain Road in Hazleton. Right outside Hazleton General Hospital.

Don’t know it. The furthest south in Hazleton I usually venture is the Lowes in West Hazleton. At any rate, keep your head up, it was an accident and things happen every day.

That said, figured I’d share that I’ve had my share of health problems dating back to September. Blurred vision, floaters, etc. Turns out, being diabetic and high blood pressure is the perfect storm for retinopathy....and Macular Edema and a vitreous hemorrhage in my left eye, totally clouded with blood in early December. Seeing a retinal surgeon for eye injections, laser treatments and a vitrectomy in the hospital (outpatient but they’re putting me under) next Wednesday to try and clear that blood out and hit that eye with the lasers as well. Anyone with any experience in those categories? It’s been a really frustrating and scary few months.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 01-15-2018, 07:36 PM   #893
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:

Wishing your family a speedy recovery!
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #894
Majew10

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I think the big thing that kills me is I’m not the one in the hospital bed. I think when/if she gets out of the hospital things will get better. The creepy as fuck thing is the accident happen exactly one month from when her husband passed away. He died 12/10 and the accident happened 1/10. ��

My Stats
Old 01-15-2018, 10:19 PM   #895
TDunk

Quote:
Don’t know it. The furthest south in Hazleton I usually venture is the Lowes in West Hazleton. At any rate, keep your head up, it was an accident and things happen every day.

That said, figured I’d share that I’ve had my share of health problems dating back to September. Blurred vision, floaters, etc. Turns out, being diabetic and high blood pressure is the perfect storm for retinopathy....and Macular Edema and a vitreous hemorrhage in my left eye, totally clouded with blood in early December. Seeing a retinal surgeon for eye injections, laser treatments and a vitrectomy in the hospital (outpatient but they’re putting me under) next Wednesday to try and clear that blood out and hit that eye with the lasers as well. Anyone with any experience in those categories? It’s been a really frustrating and scary few months.

Damn dude sorry to hear that

Health problems are so fucked up

Hope Wednesday goes well
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:59 PM   #896
gweeps

Quote:
Donít know it. The furthest south in Hazleton I usually venture is the Lowes in West Hazleton. At any rate, keep your head up, it was an accident and things happen every day.

That said, figured Iíd share that Iíve had my share of health problems dating back to September. Blurred vision, floaters, etc. Turns out, being diabetic and high blood pressure is the perfect storm for retinopathy....and Macular Edema and a vitreous hemorrhage in my left eye, totally clouded with blood in early December. Seeing a retinal surgeon for eye injections, laser treatments and a vitrectomy in the hospital (outpatient but theyíre putting me under) next Wednesday to try and clear that blood out and hit that eye with the lasers as well. Anyone with any experience in those categories? Itís been a really frustrating and scary few months.
I don't have any accessible memories related to those procedures - and given that I was born in 1980 most of them probably didn't exist at least in today's form- but having been born with retinopathy of prematurity I cannot see out of my right eye at all. No light, no dark, no in-between. It's like it's not even there.

So I hope you will avoid that. I've lived with it essentially all my life and cannot fathom having to cope with it now, so I'm grateful my left eye has been stable all these years with the sight I retain.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #897
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:

I just can’t get the feeling of remorse and helplessness out of my head. My wife, 16 month old daughter, and my wife’s 81 year old grandmother were all in the car. By nothing short of a miracle my daughter was untouched. Myself and my wife are bruised but alive and the worst part is my wife’s grandmother has multiple fractures and requires surgery.

It truely is amazing what a minute (second) can do. It’s just been such a horrible past 13 months. My wife’s mother battled stage 4 cancer and luckily is now in remission. My wife’s grandfather passed away 2 weeks before Christmas and now this. Something as simple as getting her out of the house for dinner turned into her ending up in the hospital because of my fuck up. Does the feeling of guilt ever go away?
Quote:

I'm late to the discussion in this thread and I just read both of your posts. I'm so sorry to hear about both situations and I feel so bad that you are both going through these difficult situations. I hope everything works out for the both of you. I wish all the best and I'm here for you guys if you want to talk.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #898
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Thanks, guys. Like I said, it's scary but it's a wake up call to get myself together, health-wise. The die-a-beetus and high blood pressure can suck a big one, but once I get those two straightened out and the eyes heading in the right direction, I'll be set.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 01-16-2018, 02:07 PM   #899
Mitch

Good luck, Jason

Joe, sorry to hear about the accident and your grandma, but I'm glad the rest of you- particularly your little girl- are all ok. Allow yourself to feel however you are about it, you will get over it.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #900
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Jesus, we’re all falling a part. Good luck Jason!

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc