These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2021, 05:58 PM   #13921
Mersh

I truly wish you all well, I don’t intend to be melodramatic, but I can ban someone...myself from this thread. Take care.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:06 PM   #13922
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I truly wish you all well, I donít intend to be melodramatic, but I can ban someone...myself from this thread. Take care.
Be well.

Hopefully the political scene in your country will quiet down significantly for a long while now that those maniacs are gone.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:08 PM   #13923
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Well, in better news.

Tulsi Gabbard, whom I love, was on Rogan today. In the first five minutes she comes out and hits the nail right on the fucking head. What a woman, Iíd love to see her in the White House one day.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:39 PM   #13924
Josh.0

This Tulsi interview on Rogan! Wow!

She COMPLETELY pulls the curtain back. Absolutely amazing interview.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:44 PM   #13925
beitsaad
it must have been the roses

Quote:
Well, in better news.

Tulsi Gabbard, whom I love, was on Rogan today. In the first five minutes she comes out and hits the nail right on the fucking head. What a woman, I’d love to see her in the White House one day.
Too bad they (the dems) pushed her aside.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:48 PM   #13926
Josh.0

She blows the lid off of everything. Everything we’ve been saying in here. She confirms all of it.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:49 PM   #13927
beitsaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Yes, not believing in wokeism for sure makes you a fucking nazi.

Can you ban this fucking psychopath already?
He doesn't need to be banned, he needs to be put in his place, which in time I will do.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #13928
beitsaad

Quote:
I truly wish you all well, I don’t intend to be melodramatic, but I can ban someone...myself from this thread. Take care.
You shouldn't do that man, especially now that i just showed up, i won't troll on Mario too bad, i've grown soft in my old age.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #13929
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beitsaad View Post
She exposes exactly why. “You don’t play the game our way, you’re out. It’s all about $$$ for the party and the political optics of every. single. decision.”

She completely calls the the DNC, RNC, and MSM out on having zero interest in helping Americans and 100% being influenced by power and greed. I’m sort of shocked at how candid she’s being, particularly given her fairly prominent stature.

Just really, really good stuff.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:53 PM   #13930
beitsaad

Quote:
She exposes exactly why. “You don’t play the game our way, you’re out. It’s all about $$$ for the party and the political optics of every. single. decision.”

She completely calls the the DNC, RNC, and MSM out on having zero interest in helping Americans and 100% being influenced by power and greed. I’m sort of shocked at how candid she’s being, particularly given her fairly prominent stature.

Just really, really good stuff.
So, kind of like Trump was saying??
Old 01-21-2021, 06:56 PM   #13931
Josh.0

Dude sheís a democrat and literally repeating some of his very talking points. Sheís in no way in support of him, but she definitely insinuates ďyeah, a lot of what he says about the media and the institutions that are the RNC/DNC...is legit.Ē

She gives examples of being pressured to vote one way or another to help senators serve their personal interests, to help the DNC placate their biggest donors. Of being told they werenít going to vote on anything that may lead to Trump looking good, even if it meant hurting countless Americans. Likening congress to a high school popularity contest with shallow, selfish people. She talks about the media being in bed with each party and sensationalizing everything to generate revenue. She doesnít hold back. Awesome

Totally blowing the lid off of all the bullshit. She canít be bought. One of the three best Rogan interviews Iíve ever heard already.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:57 PM   #13932
beitsaad

Quote:
Dude she’s a democrat and literally repeating some of his very talking points. She’s in no way in support of him, but she definitely insinuates “yeah, a lot of what he says about the media and the institutions that are the RNC/DNC...is legit.”
I know who she is for sure...haha...can't wait to listen tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:08 PM   #13933
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
I voted for her in the primary. But since I live in Indiana, the race was already decided by the time I had a chance to vote.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:13 PM   #13934
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
So, kind of like Trump was saying??
Yeah, but Trump twists truth as a weapon like any authoritarian. Hitler did it with the Treaty of Versailles.

Neoliberalism/austerity/"trickle-down economics"/crony capitalism, etc invariably leads to people like him who promise the fearful and foolish they will fix everything.
Old 01-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #13935
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Yeah, but Trump twists truth as a weapon like any authoritarian. Hitler did it with the Treaty of Versailles.

Neoliberalism/austerity/"trickle-down economics"/crony capitalism, etc invariably leads to people like him who promise the fearful and foolish they will fix everything.
Yeah, he was very nationalist and populist like hitler, but the huge difference is that our country is setup so that scenario just simply can't happen. This is why keeping states rights and keeping the federal govt separate and less powerful is extremely crucial to keeping democracy alive. That's the core of it.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #13936
beitsaad

Quote:

Everyone twists truth as a weapon when it comes to national level politics in America...he just did it without the full arm of the media behind him...

Nice play on putting 'trickle-down economics' in quotes, it can be argued both ways and anyone who has studied economics knows that.

I'd rather have his promises to the 'fearful and foolish' (i'll try not to take that as a jab) as you say rather than the play on the weak coupled with race-baiting...
Old 01-21-2021, 08:49 PM   #13937
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
I truly wish you all well, I donít intend to be melodramatic, but I can ban someone...myself from this thread. Take care.
Please donít.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:28 PM   #13938
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Everyone twists truth as a weapon when it comes to national level politics in America...he just did it without the full arm of the media behind him...

Nice play on putting 'trickle-down economics' in quotes, it can be argued both ways and anyone who has studied economics knows that.

I'd rather have his promises to the 'fearful and foolish' (i'll try not to take that as a jab) as you say rather than the play on the weak coupled with race-baiting...
What I'm really talking about is class warfare. Depending on which class you're in or aspiring to, you may not see any long-term problems with those ideologies I mentioned. It's simplistic to just call Trump's behaviours "preying on the weak" and "race-baiting". His is a lethal microcosm of perverted systems of power that stretch back to near the beginning of 20th century America. So you're right, his lunacy doesn't exist in a vacuum. But that wasn't my point.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:31 PM   #13939
greykitkat36

Quote:
What I'm really talking about is class warfare. Depending on which class you're in or aspiring to, you may not see any long-term problems with those ideologies I mentioned. It's simplistic to just call Trump's behaviours "preying on the weak" and "race-baiting". His is a lethal microcosm of perverted systems of power that stretch back to near the beginning of 20th century America. So you're right, his lunacy doesn't exist in a vacuum. But that wasn't my point.
The left plays class warfare the same way, they just sugar coat it and tell the middle class and poor they care about them and then pretty much do the total opposite. Their policies like welfare, government subsidies and other “safety net” programs so to speak sounds all great on paper, but it’s really just a nice way of taking control and power while pretending to be your friend.

The right just flat out says, we’re going to help people who are rich and know how to build wealth and if you don’t then you need to start learning and get to work cause we’re not helping.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:11 PM   #13940
zaphod!
for josh:

it really doesn't seem all that complicated. the amount of money in circulation at any given moment is a finite resource, and so you want - for the most part - that money circulating across the economy, and not sitting in bank accounts.

middle/lower class people who receive government money of any kind will almost certainly spend all of that money and get it circulating into the economy - because they need to. if you give rich people money (or tax breaks), they don't have the same incentives to get that extra money out into the economy.

i know some people here have barely completed high school algebra, so i'm sorry if any of this sounds like we're rehashing econ 101. but "trickle down economics" is a scam sold to you by politicians who have been bought and paid for by these rich people and they've convinced way too many people that these rich people will save the system by taking all this extra money we give them and use it to create jobs! their incentive is to labor costs as low as possible and profits as high as possible. they dont give a fuck about you. and its not because they're bad people. its just human nature.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc