These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #321
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I just got 8th row for June 2! I can't wait, have been a big fan for many years but always put my money towards DMB concerts instead BFFT show, so this will be my first show. I have met Victor before and saw his brothers play at a bar in Nashville called 3rd and Lensley 2 years ago.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:27 PM   #322
TwoStepN34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
I just got 8th row for June 2! I can't wait, have been a big fan for many years but always put my money towards DMB concerts instead BFFT show, so this will be my first show. I have met Victor before and saw his brothers play at a bar in Nashville called 3rd and Lensley 2 years ago.
I got 7th row for the June 2nd show this morning, I'm pumped!!! I've seen the Flecktones open for DMB (Randall's 06) but I have never seen them play a full set in this type of venue before, I can't wait for the show! Do you know if they'll have an opening band?
TwoStepN34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:18 AM   #323
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStepN34 View Post
I got 7th row for the June 2nd show this morning, I'm pumped!!! I've seen the Flecktones open for DMB (Randall's 06) but I have never seen them play a full set in this type of venue before, I can't wait for the show! Do you know if they'll have an opening band?
sweet man! You reminded me that I saw them open up for DMB on 9.16.00, but never just themselves. I don't know if they will have an opening band.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:00 AM   #324
TwoStepN34

Quote:
sweet man! You reminded me that I saw them open up for DMB on 9.16.00, but never just themselves. I don't know if they will have an opening band.
I just checked dmbalmanac, 9.16.00 was one hell of a show!!! Wish I could have been there to experience it.
TwoStepN34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:17 AM   #325
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

They usually don't have an opening band. BUT, a lot of times, when they play larger venues, they do get someone to open. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this time, They usually play Bass Hall, and Nokia is an interesting place to see them scheduled.

Although, this close to show time, I think we would have heard something by now.

Archives in Cowtown
DMBTex10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #326
Mersh

they are playing jazzfest here this year...I'm looking forward to a free Flecktones show.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #327
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBTex10101 View Post
They usually don't have an opening band. BUT, a lot of times, when they play larger venues, they do get someone to open. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this time, They usually play Bass Hall, and Nokia is an interesting place to see them scheduled.

Although, this close to show time, I think we would have heard something by now.
yeah, I don't know why they are not playing at the Bass Hall, that would have been an amazing place. I used to live in a neighborhood about 3 min. from the Nokia center and I have never been in it. I hope it sounds great.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #328
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStepN34 View Post
I just checked dmbalmanac, 9.16.00 was one hell of a show!!! Wish I could have been there to experience it.
Hell yeah it was amazing
Old 04-15-2007, 02:36 PM   #329
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
they are playing jazzfest here this year...I'm looking forward to a free Flecktones show.
Where did you hear this?? I know they are hitting the HOB on 6/1, but I've seen nothing about Jazzfest.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 PM   #330
ggies
Sugar Will '04

So DMBTEX10101, what is a typical good show for BFFT and what is consider great? What songs are they known for live, like DMB is known for. I know most of their songs, just don't know what people look forward to.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:43 PM   #331
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
So DMBTEX10101, what is a typical good show for BFFT and what is consider great? What songs are they known for live, like DMB is known for. I know most of their songs, just don't know what people look forward to.
Well, Obviously, Sinister Minister and Stomping Grounds are considered the two MUST see songs. High energy, and just crazyness all around. But lately, Subterfuge has been quite a highlight, especially with the Come Together interpolation.

This year seems to be all about Amber Jack, the brand new tune, which, chances are, will be your opener. And hopefully the even newwer tune (Vic's New Waltz) will make an appearance so we can get a review on it. Played twice out of the country so we know nothing so far.

Also, several older tunes have made their way out, including the Longing, Frontiers, and True North. All are spectacular (on tape) I haven't been fortunate enough to see them live, but Frontiers is on my list of *must see* songs, it's such a fun quirky tune that I can't wait to see.

Chances are you'll get P'Lod and even though it's probably one of my least favorites live, it's still fun. Bigfoot is also a must see. I'm pretty sure they are still doing it w/o Jeff, but it's fun either way, just a great tune. And the old live staples are still around, Big Country, Throwdown at the Hoedown, Earth Jam, and (maybe my personal favorite) Sleeper.

It really doesn't matter though, these guys are amazing musicians, and even better performers. They know how to play and play the crowd, so you will not leave disappointed.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #332
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Well, Obviously, Sinister Minister and Stomping Grounds are considered the two MUST see songs. High energy, and just crazyness all around. But lately, Subterfuge has been quite a highlight, especially with the Come Together interpolation.

This year seems to be all about Amber Jack, the brand new tune, which, chances are, will be your opener. And hopefully the even newwer tune (Vic's New Waltz) will make an appearance so we can get a review on it. Played twice out of the country so we know nothing so far.

Also, several older tunes have made their way out, including the Longing, Frontiers, and True North. All are spectacular (on tape) I haven't been fortunate enough to see them live, but Frontiers is on my list of *must see* songs, it's such a fun quirky tune that I can't wait to see.

Chances are you'll get P'Lod and even though it's probably one of my least favorites live, it's still fun. Bigfoot is also a must see. I'm pretty sure they are still doing it w/o Jeff, but it's fun either way, just a great tune. And the old live staples are still around, Big Country, Throwdown at the Hoedown, Earth Jam, and (maybe my personal favorite) Sleeper.

It really doesn't matter though, these guys are amazing musicians, and even better performers. They know how to play and play the crowd, so you will not leave disappointed.
awesome, thanks I d/l the 4.10.07 show and love it. Yeah, I thought the show would be great either way because they are such amazing musicians, but I just wanted to see a general idea of what goes on since I don't keep up the live stuff.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #333
ggies
Sugar Will '04

are the other recordings of the Aussie shows just as good as the 4.10.07?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #334
bbycrei

I still think it's sad that Carnegie Hall doesn't have Flecktones listed for 6/30 and they go on sale in 2 days.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:53 PM   #335
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbycrei View Post
I still think it's sad that Carnegie Hall doesn't have Flecktones listed for 6/30 and they go on sale in 2 days.
Better tickets for us! And I agree, but I don't think it'll be too much of a problem, they have a pretty nice following in that area.

As for the Aussie shows, they are all pretty good. I think it's the 3/31 show that's stealthed, so it's probably the worst sounding of the 4, but it's still pretty good.

Try 10/27/04 (it's on archive.org), it's one of my favorite shows, and gives a great idea of how live shows are.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #336
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
I really want to see At Last We Meet Again. It still remains my favorite Flecktones song.
Fan#41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #337
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I really want to see At Last We Meet Again. It still remains my favorite Flecktones song.
Agreed, it would be nice to see that one brought out again, it could alternate with Bigfoot . . . since they insist on doing songs w/o Jeff.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #338
bbycrei

Quote:
Better tickets for us! And I agree, but I don't think it'll be too much of a problem, they have a pretty nice following in that area.

Yah that show will sell out for sure. I don't think I'll go for the most expensive tickets. I would probably go a section back. $75 is a little pricey. I'm spending enough money on Genesis tickets this year that I'm going to tone it down for that show. I'll think about how much I want to spend. I know my grandfather won't care what seats I get since he is coming along too.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #339
DMBTex10101
doing the hippo thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbycrei View Post
Yah that show will sell out for sure. I don't think I'll go for the most expensive tickets. I would probably go a section back. $75 is a little pricey. I'm spending enough money on Genesis tickets this year that I'm going to tone it down for that show. I'll think about how much I want to spend. I know my grandfather won't care what seats I get since he is coming along too.
This has to be the WORST set up for tickets I've ever seen in my entire life. There is nothing about it online, and I've been on hold for almost 45 minutes when I called in.

Why is there NOTHING about it online, the guy on the phone keeps telling me I can order them online . . . I wish he would tell me HOW.

Archives in Cowtown
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #340
bbycrei

I just got my tickets after waiting on the phone for 30 minutes. There is no online info at all which sucks big time. Can't say I've called in to get any tickets before.

Front row in front of vic.

Floor seats are 75, next section up is 60 then so forth. It seemed like there were plenty of great seats there though. The only reason they are on hold for so long is that there is some kind of festival that's going on in NYC so everyone is calling to get tix for those other shows.

This will probably be my only Flecktone show of the year for the price I paid for those seats but it's Carnegie Hall, the one place I have wanted to see the band play.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc