These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2020, 11:51 AM   #361
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 6,752
I know N2 has all the big hitters, but i almost like N1 better. That ending run with Bela on it (plus the improv jam) is just the stuff i love from the band. The acoustic set was also fantastic, and the satellite is beautiful. They even added Ants to the set because they clearly were having such a great time.

I distinctly remember when dave brought out bela fleck then looks into the crowd and starts Typical Situation i thought to myself "SPAC is just a different place". To borrow a phrase, it was not a typical situation at all.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #362
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 8,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
I know N2 has all the big hitters, but i almost like N1 better. That ending run with Bela on it (plus the improv jam) is just the stuff i love from the band. The acoustic set was also fantastic, and the satellite is beautiful. They even added Ants to the set because they clearly were having such a great time.

I distinctly remember when dave brought out bela fleck then looks into the crowd and starts Typical Situation i thought to myself "SPAC is just a different place". To borrow a phrase, it was not a typical situation at all.
SPAC to me is the the place to see the best DMB shows. Even if the sets aren't perfect, the energy in there is unmatched. It's tough to see them anywhere else after seeing them so many years at SPAC.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #363
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 6,752
Totally agreed. MSG is similar, and honestly i booked my first trip to the Gorge for 2020. Disappointed it didnt happen because people always talk about that being better than SPAC.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:11 PM   #364
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 8,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Totally agreed. MSG is similar, and honestly i booked my first trip to the Gorge for 2020. Disappointed it didnt happen because people always talk about that being better than SPAC.
I've been to the Gorge once and MSG several times for DMB. Neither comes very close to capturing the energy of SPAC year in, year out.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:32 AM   #365
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
I've been to the Gorge once and MSG several times for DMB. Neither comes very close to capturing the energy of SPAC year in, year out.
I can add wpb and red rocks among others (not Alpine) and SPAC takes the overall cake for sure
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #366
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 8,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
I can add wpb and red rocks among others (not Alpine) and SPAC takes the overall cake for sure
I've been to WPB and Alpine a couple times each, and while I think Alpine is the clear second, SPAC is the place to see them.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:15 PM   #367
cgator41
Johnny Mac
 
cgator41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,790
Full 05.06.96 show (minus Jimi Thing) (aka 'Crashing the Quarter')


Last edited by cgator41; 11-06-2020 at 04:41 PM.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:27 PM   #368
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 8,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgator41 View Post
Full 'Crashing the Quarter' (minus Jimi Thing):

Well this is incredible. That slow WWYS is perfect.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:39 PM   #369
cgator41
Johnny Mac
 
cgator41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,790
Yep. Love hearing the non-edited Say Goodbye, among others.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #370
BigVodka
 
BigVodka's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: darkside of the loon
Posts: 2,334
holy fuck balls.
That’s holy grail shit.
Always loved the Sox shirt
__________________
.celebrate we won't.
BigVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:58 PM   #371
chad
morelli for heisman
 
chad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 21,433
Well, shit.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #372
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 24,254
Copperpot.

__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:07 AM   #373
cgator41
Johnny Mac
 
cgator41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,790
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:39 AM   #374
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgator41 View Post
Full 05.06.96 show (minus Jimi Thing) (aka 'Crashing the Quarter')

Sweet
Classic DMB
Roi is smooth
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:53 PM   #375
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 8,215
That soundcheck stuff is as great as anything I could ask for these days, a 96 soundcheck. Dave at the end of DIDO..
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:07 PM   #376
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 24,254
Guys, this copperpot crashing the quarter vid is literally as good as it gets. So fucking amazing. This band was unstoppable at this point.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:06 AM   #377
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 11,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Guys, this copperpot crashing the quarter vid is literally as good as it gets. So fucking amazing. This band was unstoppable at this point.
It's such an amazing Say Bye, which I've only heard with almost the entire solo cut, and a vocal edit to Dave's weed line. It was what I needed the other day.

Then to see a 96 style Little Thing with the story? Easily top 5 cool DMB shit of 2020.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:18 AM   #378
SomeDevil17
 
SomeDevil17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,728
I’ve kind of just watched bits and pieces but whatsup with the slow wwys? Different, were they actually considering playing it live like that ever or is this just more of a sound check goof around thing?
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #379
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,916
post youtube vids to chat about

Seemed to me like they were trying to work out how to do it but with drastic tempo changes so as not to bore the crowd for 10 minutes. Sounded pretty neat to me, but I get why they ditched it.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:46 AM   #380
SomeDevil17
 
SomeDevil17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,728
Tbh just knowing how the song is, the slow version was super boring to me.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06271 seconds with 23 queries