These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #41
harmonikfuzion
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bal'more
Posts: 5,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
what is real music?
I mean people whose taste goes beyond the top 40.
harmonikfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #42
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
I mean people whose taste goes beyond the top 40.
Which is most everyone.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #43
AndyB
Fred sounds kind of effeminate
 
AndyB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 8,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Which is most everyone.
Most meaning a majority, sure, but there is a significant chunk in the other group.
__________________
Andy
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #44
harmonikfuzion
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bal'more
Posts: 5,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Which is most everyone.
Right, which is why taylor swift won album of the year, single ladies won song of the year... yah most everyone has a real taste in music.
harmonikfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #45
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 14,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
Right, which is why taylor swift won album of the year, single ladies won song of the year... yah most everyone has a real taste in music.
Because the general public has a lot to do with who wins Grammys... c'mon man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #46
harmonikfuzion
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bal'more
Posts: 5,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Because the general public has a lot to do with who wins Grammys... c'mon man.
no i just thought it was entertaining that he believes "most people" have a decent taste in music. and the general public still influences the grammys since its the general public that forks over all the money that turns these nothings into "stars"

EDIT: i'm not trying to sound like an elitist, that there are only a few people whom i believe to have "good taste in music", im not that ignorant. i just don't think tim has a shot given the significant difference in distinction and generally how well-known he is versus the black keys and jeff beck.
harmonikfuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #47
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
no i just thought it was entertaining that he believes "most people" have a decent taste in music. and the general public still influences the grammys since its the general public that forks over all the money that turns these nothings into "stars"

EDIT: i'm not trying to sound like an elitist, that there are only a few people whom i believe to have "good taste in music", im not that ignorant. i just don't think tim has a shot given the significant difference in distinction and generally how well-known he is versus the black keys and jeff beck.
you don't sound like an elitist, just a douchebag. always f**** nitpicking

it's time to put a little TDCya fuzion in your harmonik
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #48
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
no i just thought it was entertaining that he believes "most people" have a decent taste in music. and the general public still influences the grammys since its the general public that forks over all the money that turns these nothings into "stars"

EDIT: i'm not trying to sound like an elitist, that there are only a few people whom i believe to have "good taste in music", im not that ignorant. i just don't think tim has a shot given the significant difference in distinction and generally how well-known he is versus the black keys and jeff beck.
yeah, this makes you sound like a colossal asshole.


what exactly is wrong with taylor swift? her music isn't my thing, but you can't be a complete hack and have the monstrous success that she's had. not to mention she wrote every single song on her newest album and there's like 9 tunes on there that are going to be fucking massive.

/clayton
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #49
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 14,795
Yeah I'm not into that kind of stuff but she seems like the wrong person to be singling out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #50
SoftMacho
Moore Soul
 
SoftMacho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
what exactly is wrong with taylor swift? her music isn't my thing, but you can't be a complete hack and have the monstrous success that she's had. not to mention she wrote every single song on her newest album and there's like 9 tunes on there that are going to be fucking massive.

/clayton
not to say she's the worst pop act out there, but i've seen her perform live 3-4 times and she's been HORRIBLE every time. grammys with stevie nicks and nfl kickoff where dmb performed come to mind.
SoftMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #51
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 16,196
i don't like Taylor Swifts voice. At all
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:08 PM   #52
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 17,782
So just out of pure curiosity...what's the opinion of Lady Gaga in here? I bet there are gonna be mixed opinions in here.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #53
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 16,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
So just out of pure curiosity...what's the opinion of Lady Gaga in here? I bet there are gonna be mixed opinions in here.
I don't mind her, actually. Some good songs, some bad ones...Definitely admire her talent
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #54
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 17,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
I don't mind her, actually. Some good songs, some bad ones...Definitely admire her talent
Yea, I agree that she definitely has some real talent and an actual great voice (auto-tune is the death of music). Her piano playing is great and if you listen to some "acoustic" piano renditions of her "hit songs" (Paparazzi) for example...you can definitely see her talent. Like to see her change a generic electronic pop song into an actually interesting and talented musical composition is pretty cool. Here's my example and listen to the original studio version if you don't know the song already:



MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #55
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
not to say she's the worst pop act out there, but i've seen her perform live 3-4 times and she's been HORRIBLE every time. grammys with stevie nicks and nfl kickoff where dmb performed come to mind.
yeah she can't sing live for shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
So just out of pure curiosity...what's the opinion of Lady Gaga in here? I bet there are gonna be mixed opinions in here.
if dance music is your thing she's pretty great at it.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.09664 seconds with 27 queries