Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2018, 09:46 PM   #1041
blumathu

Update: wife is livid. Heads will roll
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:34 AM   #1042
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #1043
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:

“So, what, his nose will run a bit?”

“No you fucking cunt, like I said, you almost killed my kid.”

I have nieces who are severely allergic to tree nuts and it’s amazing how NOT seriously people will take that information.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #1044
dmb2much40

I can’t stand my mother in law or my mother when it comes to kid related things. They think because they raised kids they know everything and nothing has changed in the last 35 years. Like for example my mom thought it was cool to put a baby to sleep on her stomach instead of her back despite literally every doctor in America saying the opposite. So I feel your frustration and I think it’s safe to say you have a lot of company.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:08 PM   #1045
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

So my school just had a vacancy in the science department (specifically biology which I already passed my Cert test for), so since I was just an Aide last year I called the principal and asked what the deal was. She told me they are moving the 8th grade teacher up to Bio and leaving his Physical Science position open. Long story short I don’t have this cert and no testing centers within 300 miles had an opening to take it... so since I am visiting my aunt in Hawaii I checked out the availability In Honolulu... they have an open date, so I just took and passed my Middle School Science test on Vacation and applied for the job... my interview is in the next two days and is basically would double my salary so I am keeping my fingers super crossed! Good things I have going my way is that it is the school I worked in last year and the administration loves me... bad things is that I don’t have an education degree (just bio) and have to go take classes to get my certificate, and I’m worried if someone else who has that applies, I will lose out on the job... going to be a stressful two days...
Old 07-22-2018, 10:43 PM   #1046
Jayes

Pullin for you, man!
Old 07-22-2018, 10:43 PM   #1047
Bluewater34
Is Old

Good luck!
Old 07-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #1048
SonofSuns34

worst interview ever... I am still on hawaii time and no matter what I did i could not fall asleep until 430 am... interview was at 1030 and I was so nervous I fell like I sounded stupid and didnt answer the questions very well... good thing is they know me from working there last year, only thing I got going to me I feel like.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #1049
gweeps

Last edited by gweeps; 07-27-2018 at 12:38 PM. Reason: wrong thread
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:51 PM   #1050
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!

Quote:
Several months ago, my 3 year old ate his first cashew. About 30 minutes later, we were in the ER because he had a severe allergic reaction. Like, life threatening. Like, if we didn't call 911 he would be dead. I have never been so terrified in my life. So we learned a lot, educated ourselves and got epi-pens and all that.

We have been so diligent and carefully checking every ingredient to make sure no tree nuts are in the food we buy, and telling ever person he hangs with about it and how serious it is. (Very serious, the allergist that tested him later even looked my wife in the eye and said "I don't think you realize how seriously allergic to cashews your son is...")

Today I go pick my kids up from my mother in law's house and discover that her mom had come over and handed my kids some weird ass cookies. But since they hadn’t eaten dinner yet she told them to wait until later. Thank god they hadn't eaten, because the first thing I did was read the ingredients and guess what? There are fucking tree nuts in the cookies.

I am so angry and irritated at how high risk shit like this can be and how stupid some people can be. If I had been late and my kids ate over there (which happens sometimes) my son could very well be dead.

Sorry, I just needed to vent somewhere.
I so emphathize with you. My Mother and grandpa do not think my sons allergies are real and that he is fine. We had to cut off all contact for other reasons, but im convinced she endangered him due to her ignorance. At age 6 months Our son was diagnosed with peanut, tree nuts, dairy and egg allergies. I was sitting eating shelled peanuts and had him in my lap which almost killed him. We went to an allergist that week and got the bad news. Its so scary to think a tiny dose of any of those could kill him and i would not wish that on anyone. He cant eat most foods while his sisters can eat everything. Hope he grows out of something, but it really has made my wife and i hypersensitive to lables and cross contamination.
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:16 PM   #1051
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSuns34 View Post
worst interview ever... I am still on hawaii time and no matter what I did i could not fall asleep until 430 am... interview was at 1030 and I was so nervous I fell like I sounded stupid and didnt answer the questions very well... good thing is they know me from working there last year, only thing I got going to me I feel like.
I'm rooting for you. I bet you didn't do as poorly as you're making it sound. I know I've felt like I've laid an egg during interviews before but actually ending up doing well.
sean52692 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 06:17 AM   #1052
dmb2much40

I read this earlier this week and thought of you guys with kids with peanut allergies. This girl was 15. Stay vigilant!

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 07-31-2018, 12:32 AM   #1053
gweeps

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:34 AM   #1054
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
I read this earlier this week and thought of you guys with kids with peanut allergies. This girl was 15. Stay vigilant!

[Only registered users can see links.]
This stuff scares me so much. My oldest has severe peanut and shell fish allergies. The thought of how easily these things can happen... Even after living with it for so many years, I still forget sometimes to bring her epi pen. Iím a grown ass man, to expect an 8 year old to always be on her game is impossible. And grandparents and friendís parents who know the deal, will still regularly offer her things with peanuts in them.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:24 AM   #1055
SonofSuns34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
I'm rooting for you. I bet you didn't do as poorly as you're making it sound. I know I've felt like I've laid an egg during interviews before but actually ending up doing well.
I did not get the Science Job... there was another teacher that is more qualified that is transfering from another school in the district....

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

They opened up the 8th grade Math position ( i am certified in math5-9, Biology 6-12, and Science 5-9 now) and I just had a second phone interview.
I feel a whole hell of a lot better about this interview than the last one, I went for a run this morning and got all the nervous jitters out, did not drink coffee or a Rockstar, and instead of walking around the room on the phone, I sat in the conference room and since they already asked me the same questions, was able to better formulate a response that actually answered the questions in the STAR format they like.

I find out tomorrow morning...
Old 07-31-2018, 10:43 AM   #1056
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
This stuff scares me so much. My oldest has severe peanut and shell fish allergies. The thought of how easily these things can happen... Even after living with it for so many years, I still forget sometimes to bring her epi pen. Iím a grown ass man, to expect an 8 year old to always be on her game is impossible. And grandparents and friendís parents who know the deal, will still regularly offer her things with peanuts in them.
I posted the below a few months ago, and now I'm aware of several kids who have successfully done this.

Quote:
My nephew is (was?) super allergic to tree nuts, as your son is. My brother in law and his wife did some desentisation program with him this past fall/winter where he gradually ate larger quantities of peanut in a supervised setting but heís ďcuredĒ of that now. It seemed like a lot of effort, but just mentioning it as something you could maybe consider in the future.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:16 AM   #1057
SonofSuns34

So I found out this morning I was hired as the 8th grade Physical Science teacher! Don’t know what happened to the other guy and don’t care! school starts for me on August 6th...
Old 08-02-2018, 03:01 AM   #1058
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

The food allergies are caused by vaccines, imo. All my future kidos will be unvaccinated and uncircumcised!

Interesting suggestion by Mitch, it sounds definitely worth it, even if it could get you to the point of not being in a life-threatening situation
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:17 AM   #1059
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofSuns34 View Post
So I found out this morning I was hired as the 8th grade Physical Science teacher! Don’t know what happened to the other guy and don’t care! school starts for me on August 6th...

Nice! Congrats!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:10 AM   #1060
Jayes

Nice, dude! That’s a great feeling of relief

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc