These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Rudy Giuliani

Thoughts on Boyd

It's pretty well established that Boyd is musically the weakest link of DMB. All one has to do is listen to his solo album, True Reflections, or consider the positive reception of recent shows featuring his absence. Although to be fair, anyone except Dave himself is completely replaceable in the band. And lately, after listening to Come Tomorrow, perhaps Dave should consider replacing himself as well. His successor could scarcely do worst.

What isn't well established at this point is whether Boyd sexually assaulted or harassed James Frost-Winn. Let's be clear: this isn't a case where the defendant stands credibly accused by many independent witnesses (e.g. Cosby, Sandusky, Weinstein, Roy Moore). This is one person's word against another's. There are no other independent public allegations. There is no criminal investigation or report.

What is there? Well, there's a lawsuit asking for $9 MILLION dollars in damages. This lawsuit was filed years after the alleged conduct occurred. It came after Frost-Winn's attorneys acknowledged a failed attempt to shake Boyd down for money. It comes from a washed-up trumpet player, a former "street musician," (read: homeless guy) and ex-member of Boyd's side-project, Crystal Garden.

Frost-Winn acknowledges in the complaint that they met in 2007, and their relationship persisted for years. Perhaps the complaint's crescendo is where Boyd allegedly rubbed Frost-Winn's butt in November 2015, however, Frost-Winn didn't quit the band until after August 2016, over 9 months later. All the while continuing to hang out with Tinsley socially, send Tinsley selfies, and accept gifts. Again, this is all coming from Frost-Winn, and represents his one-sided account and best day in court.

There are enough red flags here to give anyone pause. Unless you're the sort of simple-minded fool who believes that people never lie or falsely accuse others of wrongdoing, then just place yourself in Boyd's dirty socks for a minute. People lie all the time. About everything and nothing. The only difference between Boyd being falsely accused, and one of you losers, is that Boyd actually has some cash to siphon away. Which supplies the oldest motive of all.

It may turn out that other members of Crystal Garden come forward (Frost-Winn's complaint indicates other members of the band experiences similar harassment). It may be other independent allegations surface that corroborate Boyd's alleged behavior. If that were to happen, the known evidence would change. But right now, there isn't any reason to believe Boyd engaged in any wrongdoing whatsoever.

First, Boyd has denied the allegations publicly. Second, we know he had the opportunity to pay off Frost-Winn privately in a closed settlement, and none would be the wiser, and he refused. Third, multiple things can be true at once. For example, it can be true Boyd had a consensual sexual relationship with Frost-Winn that ultimately soured, leading to a blackmail situation when Frost-Winn's golden goose stopped laying eggs. As a public figure with a wife and two children, and, especially as a potential black man on the 'down low' Boyd would have made a vulnerable target. And all of that could be true while at the same time it being true that Frost-Winn inflated and exaggerated his story to include unwanted touching, etc.

It's absurd that people are treating Frost-Winn as some sort of doe-eyed naive ingenue who wilted under the malicious pressure of the terrifying black man. We're talking about a 30 year old former homeless street busker. Even though this band has deteriorated into complete shit over the the last 20 years, I've been a fan since the early 90s. So have most of you, and it's the most fair-weather, bandwagon-er, backstabbing, cowardly sort of person that washes their hands of Boyd over unsubstantiated, uncorroborated, denied, and utterly weak allegations like these.

Last edited by Rudy Giuliani; 05-23-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Rudy Giuliani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
NiCK (Crush)

have fun mario
Old 05-23-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
sci22
30 seconds flat

Place yourself in boyds dirty socks for a minute lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven420
looks like the shit hit the phan
sci22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

What the fuck.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
SeekUpAB

You made an alter for this? Pretty weak.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #6
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
full ban, catch you later - Fan
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:47 PM   #7
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

oh what the christ is this.
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:48 PM   #8
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
full jerk, catch you later - Fan
fixed, though
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #9
sean52692
You failed this band

We're allowing new members?
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #10
mattinmass
heady

It all starts off in the lot when me and my boys are in a circle poundin' Busch Lights while were blastin' Ants Marching from my new Jeep Grand Cherokee. Ya my Jeep is white and i know it gets dirty easily but f*** it, the bitches love that s***. As we pass around our fat f****** bottle of Absolute Strawberry, we just scope out hotties while we try to ward off all other loser Chads, as the bitches flock to my Jeep like a f****** watering hole in the desert. S****. Me and my Bro's don't even head in until the 3rd song. As we walk in I stick in a fatty dip of grizzly bear and simultaneously smoke a cig and drink the rest of my warm Busch light. So were in the show. We start just pushing our way to the front. Lights. Dave. Black dude on drums. Jesus on Saxophone. S****. By this point every song sounds just the f****** same as the other one. But I know Dave is fuggin killin' it anyways. I grab this girl next to me and we makeout for a solid 15min during Crash Into Me. I finally push that b**** off and low and behold some other s*** starts grabbin my a**. After that I head to the bathroom with my bros and wait in line for 20 mins. We head back to our spot and some jackass is standing there. I'm about to bust his ugly Ted Danson lookin' face in, but before I can he whips out a joint and offers me and my crew to smoke up. He tells me he's there watching his daughter and her friends that are all in high school. Next thing I know I wake up in my Jeep with my dick hanging out of my zipper. Now this has happened to me before so it doesn't even phase me. I just pop in a sick 03' Dave CD and f****** cruise home.
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #11
Josh.0

Alters are no fun when they’re too obvious.
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:53 PM   #12
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

OP also could've posted, "the defendant might be lying to get rich" in the Boyd thread. You get style points for creating an alter and acting high and mighty while posting with missing words and typos in the part with insults and name calling - you are legend who dosent affrraid of anything.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:55 PM   #13
wiebrod

What is going on here?
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #14
Sinister Minister
Lolawlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiebrod View Post
What is going on here?
Either someone made an alt trying to be funny, or boyd's PR team is the newest member of TDC...
Sinister Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #15
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Minister View Post
boyd's PR team
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #16
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Minister View Post
Either someone made an alt trying to be funny, or boyd's PR team is the newest member of TDC...
OR WAS IT BOYD!?!?
Old 05-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #17
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Hey, c'mon man. It's over. He denied it.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #18
Rudy Giuliani

I know loyalty is a revolutionary concept in a day where morally bankrupt lemmings love to neigh and pile onto the latest narrative that is spoon fed to them. Talk about acting "high and mighty" and being morally self-righteous.

I don't automatically assume the worst about my friends and family when it's a he said/he said situation.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #19
Rudy Giuliani

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Hey, c'mon man. It's over. He denied it.
Implying it's equally over once an allegation is made? Or do you possess additional evidence?
Old 05-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #20
mattinmass
heady

Otis, my man!
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc