These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2018, 06:57 PM   #2021
NiCK Crush

Yea, I think he did something too. At the very least he made that kid uncomfortable in some way. But Boyd is a pretty well known person in entertainment - and if not Boyd, then the Dave Matthews Band certainly is. Seems like the type of thing a news source would want to pounce on if there was something truly substantial to report.

And you could say, well maybe the kid didn't say anything about it. But he did... in a very public way.

So that's why I'm having a hard time calling it rape. That's all.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:57 PM   #2022
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
See now I know I'm missing something.
-Pubes in your face?

-Ex-friends accusing him of weird shit like this in lawsuits?

-Leather vests - JUST leather vests - to show off a “Jesus on the cross” physique?

-Disappearing away from the band for years before shows and not showing up right until the band takes the stage?

I dunno...you think so?
Old 03-15-2018, 07:00 PM   #2023
NiCK Crush

Ha
Old 03-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #2024
dmb1981

Quote:
Yea, I think he did something too. At the very least he made that kid uncomfortable in some way. But Boyd is a pretty well known person in entertainment - and if not Boyd, then the Dave Matthews Band certainly is. Seems like the type of thing a news source would want to pounce on if there was something truly substantial to report.

And you could say, well maybe the kid didn't say anything about it. But he did... in a very public way.

So that's why I'm having a hard time calling it rape. That's all.
Maybe paid right the f off the second he went public on twitter? It's possible. Money, money money..
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #2025
NiCK Crush

It certainly is possible.

I don't know what DMB would have to gain from that though. Especially if they just kicked Boyd out of the band anyway...
Old 03-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #2026
Josh.0

Quote:
It certainly is possible.

I don't know what DMB would have to gain from that though. Especially if they just kicked Boyd out of the band anyway...
I think he means Boyd may have paid someone off.

Which I actually doubt, but the greater point that “there may be any number of reasons this went silent” still remains.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #2027
Josh.0

The only thing I want to really be vocal about is if anyone thought the Penn State stuff was disgusting, and at the time they sat back and said “how could people at Penn State defend this?” how could they now turn a blind eye at this? Anyone doing that in the DMB camp or fanbase would be no better than Joe Paterno and his staff.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:20 PM   #2028
Josh.0

(Sorry to digress, BTW, all of the above can go in the Boyd thread if you want, mods)

Back to talking about the amazing album that’s about to drop.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #2029
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The only thing I want to really be vocal about is if anyone thought the Penn State stuff was disgusting, and at the time they sat back and said “how could people at Penn State defend this?” how could they now turn a blind eye at this? Anyone doing that in the DMB camp or fanbase would be no better than Joe Paterno and his staff.
Nobody is doing that here.

There do seem to be people rooting for his guilt though, which I find strange.

I'd just like to know what really happened.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #2030
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

The element of Sandusky abusing children may change the perception of how a person might view these instances. I'm not sure if the person in question was an adult at the time of the alleged incident or that anyone actually equates these incidents in the way you're posing them but I agree that Tinsley is a predator and that covering any kind of abuse for any reason is wrong.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #2031
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
The element of Sandusky abusing children may change the perception of how a person might view these instances. I'm not sure if the person in question was an adult at the time of the alleged incident or that anyone actually equates these incidents in the way you're posing them but I agree that Tinsley is a predator and that covering any kind of abuse for any reason is wrong.
I understand that, and I agree that the fact that children were abused leaves an even bigger knot in your stomach. But your last sentence is my point: there’s no defending any level of sexual abuse.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #2032
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I understand that, and I agree that the fact that children were abused leaves an even bigger knot in your stomach. But your last sentence is my point: there’s no defending any level of sexual abuse.
Right on, man. I'm with you. I feel like this poor guy could've been seduced by the idea of living out his dream and got a terrible surprise instead and probably felt trapped for a number of reasons. Predatory behaviour makes me sick in any instance but the loss of the innocence of a child is impossible to quantify. Loving to corrupt for personal gain is one of the worst qualities of humanity.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:32 PM   #2033
Josh.0

As an aside, I’d love to see some kind of correlational study between fanbases and tolerance of sexual abuse from figures admired by said fanbases. There’s some kind of funny psychology there that should be explored.

Think:

Trump and his fans
Penn and their fans
Roy Moore and his fans
BT and some of his fans

And a million other examples out there.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #2034
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Right on, man. I'm with you. I feel like this poor guy could've been seduced by the idea of living out his dream and got a terrible surprise instead and probably felt trapped for a number of reasons. Predatory behaviour makes me sick in any instance but the loss of the innocence of a child is impossible to quantify. Loving to corrupt for personal gain is one of the worst qualities of humanity.
Totally agreed
Old 03-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #2035
NiCK Crush

Again, other than some guy (who nobody here seems to even know his fucking name) saying "Me Too... Boyd Tinlsey" with no further information isn't enough for me to make all these grand statements.

Trump, Penn State, Weinstein, Roy Moore... these are all proven examples of vile people.

Boyd's just weird as fuck and someone made one single comment about him. Nobody else is talking about it. Nobody is reporting about it, and there is no other information about it for me to come up with any sort of conclusion on the matter.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #2036
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Quote:
Again, other than some guy (who nobody here seems to even know his fucking name) saying "Me Too... Boyd Tinlsey" with no further information isn't enough for me to make all these grand statements.

Trump, Penn State, Weinstein, Roy Moore... these are all proven examples of vile people.

Boyd's just weird as fuck and someone made one single comment about him. Nobody else is talking about it. Nobody is reporting about it, and there is no other information about it for me to come up with any sort of conclusion on the matter.
Luckily there isn't any pressure on you to reach a conclusion. You can remain indifferent and that is fine.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:48 PM   #2037
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1swtbartender View Post
It doesn’t surprise me to see the old school fans are still smug elitists who feel the need to criticize the opinions of others. Music is subjective and each song has a different meaning to everyone. Sometimes the lyrics connect, or the music moves you, or other times it’s just nostalgia for past times, good or bad. Maybe it isn’t the band that pushed the good fans away, it’s these ridiculous message boards filled with people who have no life. You people who have been around since the beginning are nothing special. I’ve been around since the beginning and have seen these boards succumb to the same self righteous BS that has permeated our entire society. Stop being part of the problem. Have you learned nothing from DMB about love and respect for others? Even if they like Stolen Away. Jesus.

Now please proceed to mock, bitch about, then ban me. As is normal for this board when someone calls you on your shit. We wouldn’t want different opinions floating about.

ok... Fonz
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:53 PM   #2038
sdaltons

Between the crystal garden thing and the lawsuit, which admittedly could be rooted in petty revenge or something, things don't look good for Boyd here. It's an assumption but it feels pretty reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:31 PM   #2039
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
Between the crystal garden thing and the lawsuit, which admittedly could be rooted in petty revenge or something, things don't look good for Boyd here. It's an assumption but it feels pretty reasonable.
Yup, and I mean shortly before the Super Bowl he’d done I believe at least one interview where he was talking like he was ready to tour. Then literally like a couple weeks later he’s decided to “take time off” and blah blah.

It’s like - come on now. Dude’s a creep and he got the boot.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:40 PM   #2040
mario

So, just to be clear, pretty much everyone believes DMB fired Boyd for sexual improprieties but covered it up long enough to make sure they sold their summer tour tickets.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc