These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
Josh.0

The Dating Thread

How don’t we have this?

So who else is swiping, cold approaching, and/or creepily-semi-stalking-on-social-media people they’re attracted to right now? Share your stories and questions here!

As a perpetually single person, I feel like my luck goes through peaks and valleys. Weeks or months of zero interest from women I’m attracted to, then suddenly shit gets crazy all at once. Can never figure out why that happens. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
mja271

No
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Josh I think Denver's a weird city for dating right now. I do like living here, but I am put off by so many people. When I first got here I was frustrated by how insincere people are about things they purport to care about. There's a lot of projecting that isn't real. And I'm really sick of people talking about natives vs. transplants (I don't think I ever had that conversation in Chicago). But with time I've met some great people and built up some good groups which has helped.

In some ways I've always struggled with traditional dating. I'm a quirky guy. I'm not going to pick someone up in a bar or have much luck with a dating app, but I do really well when I meet people in circles I have interest in. I am a total introvert until I'm in a circle I feel comfortable, then I tend to be the polar opposite. It's weird. I've met a ton of great people here at dive bars, record shops, small concerts. Really no one I care to get to know at a lot of the more popular places.

The things I am into... I really get into. So I get a little annoyed when people invite me to a concert and want to show up late/talk over the thing. Or when die-hard Rockies fans want me to join them at a game but don't bother showing up until the 4th or 5th innings. That's just not how I roll and I think it alienates me sometimes from people that are more casual about that stuff.

I am in a relationship that is actually going pretty well overall. Mitch approved of her so that's a good sign.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
Mitch

Ugh. I couldn't imagine dating. Luckily, I've been with the same woman for 31 years now.

Just out of curiosity are you looking to meet someone for a long-term relationship or want to remain "perpetually single"?
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #5
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Isbell sums it up great,
"If there's two things that I hate
It's having to cook and trying to date.
Busting ass all day to play 'hurry up and wait.
That's a few things that I hate."
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Josh I think Denver's a weird city
No doubt. I met a dude there wearing his own self-made photo t-shirt

Quote:
I am in a relationship that is actually going pretty well overall. Mitch approved of her so that's a good sign.

Michelle really liked her. (Not that I didn't, but they were talking a lot while we were too). Then again, she's like 2 years older than our oldest daughter so it probably felt very familiar
Old 08-01-2019, 11:32 AM   #7
Mitch

Quote:
Isbell sums it up great,
"If there's two things that I hate
It's having to cook and trying to date.
Busting ass all day to play 'hurry up and wait.
That's a few things that I hate."
Dude, that's exactly what I thought of when I first saw the thread
Old 08-01-2019, 12:13 PM   #8
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

I’ve been with the same woman for over 7 years and she recently committed to a lifetime of my bullshit (thank fuck!). We’ve been talking recently about some of her friends who are still dating around and how weird it seems even 7 years removed from it. So different. Tinder wasn’t even really a thing when we were still looking so I don’t really understand that or why people put up with this “ghosting” and reading into every little detail of a text/lack of text/communication. Seems stressful as hell. Or, if you’re Josh, easy as fuck.

I’m 30 next week, so I’m not trying to come off as some lucky elite who has it figured out (I do not, let’s be clear) but the contemporary dating scene in general has me feeling like an old man already.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #9
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
I’ve been with the same woman for over 7 years and she recently committed to a lifetime of my bullshit (thank fuck!). We’ve been talking recently about some of her friends who are still dating around and how weird it seems even 7 years removed from it. So different. Tinder wasn’t even really a thing when we were still looking so I don’t really understand that or why people put up with this “ghosting” and reading into every little detail of a text/lack of text/communication. Seems stressful as hell. Or, if you’re Josh, easy as fuck.

I’m 30 next week, so I’m not trying to come off as some lucky elite who has it figured out (I do not, let’s be clear) but the contemporary dating scene in general has me feeling like an old man already.
Definitely similar for me. I'm 31 and was in a relationship from 2010 to early 2012 then was single for about 10 months before getting together with my now wife at then end of 2012, so I totally missed out on Tinder, Bumble, etc. Did a few dates on OKCupid but that was the closest I ever got to dabbling in that kind of dating space. It's probably just because I'm so far removed from dating but idk how you even meet new people these days. A lot of our friends have moved for various reasons so we talk about needing a couples dating app because it's difficult to find friends at this age . I'm sure having kids makes that a bit easier because you can find parents of other kids that yours takes an interest in. But yea overall it definitely must be an interesting world out there for you single bros. I wish you the best of luck.

At least I know you're totally comfortable being yourself and single Josh, that definitely helps having that mindset. I feel bad for the people who genuinely want love and can't find it. Your black heart is fine being alone
Quote:
Old 08-01-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

I cold approach in NYC all the time. I think dating apps are a major dead end. You have to learn how to approach in real life or you’re not going to get quality pussy.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #11
Feathered
oh shit!

I’ve been perpetually in relationships forever and have yet to find the right one that I want to marry or have kids with. I also have a bunch of dramatic ex’s which turn me off to really seeking anything actively.

That being said I usually lean on OKC if I just want to swipe for boobs in my face.
Feathered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:06 PM   #12
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

lol dating.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:00 AM   #13
sean52692
You failed this band

I met an outstanding woman on a dating app earlier this year and we have an incredible relationship. It can be done. You just have to get lucky. I honestly wasn't even trying hard to meet someone, I was on the apps to kill time. But I can across someone amazing and things have worked out long-term.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:08 AM   #14
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
I met an outstanding woman on a dating app earlier this year and we have an incredible relationship. It can be done. You just have to get lucky. I honestly wasn't even trying hard to meet someone, I was on the apps to kill time. But I can across someone amazing and things have worked out long-term.
My sister met her husband online and they have a great relationship and a kid now. Definitely know if a number of success stories
Quote:
Old 08-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #15
morgadt

The Dating Thread

I’ve been with my fiancé for four years. I met her at work.

Spoiler:
[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 08-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #16
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgadt View Post
I’ve been with my fiancé for four years. I met her at work.

Spoiler:
[Only registered users can see links.]
lolz

Funny that no sooner that I made this thread I went on four dates in two weeks, one of which ended with a hookup with genuinely one of the hottest women I've ever convinced that I'm worth sleeping with. Shit really does go through peaks and valleys, and it's weird being a little older and starting to taking dating seriously again because people are definitely different from their late 20's to their mid 30's. I went out with a chick last night that was kinda cute but seemed too into the date. Also seemed super lonely so I wonder if she's really looking for a friend more than a true partner. Women in their mid-30's, if you're barely halfway decent looking and have a good career, don't seem to take a whole lotta work to keep around.

Some lessons learned as of late: keep my hair longer. It makes me look older (even though I'm fucking 35) and women seem to like that more, keep lifting weights (I leaned out too much doing almost all yoga, adding heavy weights back in has bulked me back up a bit and I seem to be getting more attention), and always, ALWAYS act like you belong in front of the person you're dating, no matter how hot/attractive you think they are. Always act like you're the prize - I got away from thinking that way for a bit and it hurt me.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:19 AM   #17
dmb448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
lolz

Funny that no sooner that I made this thread I went on four dates in two weeks, one of which ended with a hookup with genuinely one of the hottest women I've ever convinced that I'm worth sleeping with. Shit really does go through peaks and valleys, and it's weird being a little older and starting to taking dating seriously again because people are definitely different from their late 20's to their mid 30's. I went out with a chick last night that was kinda cute but seemed too into the date. Also seemed super lonely so I wonder if she's really looking for a friend more than a true partner. Women in their mid-30's, if you're barely halfway decent looking and have a good career, don't seem to take a whole lotta work to keep around.

Some lessons learned as of late: keep my hair longer. It makes me look older (even though I'm fucking 35) and women seem to like that more, keep lifting weights (I leaned out too much doing almost all yoga, adding heavy weights back in has bulked me back up a bit and I seem to be getting more attention), and always, ALWAYS act like you belong in front of the person you're dating, no matter how hot/attractive you think they are. Always act like you're the prize - I got away from thinking that way for a bit and it hurt me.
Did you have another date with the girl you hooked-up with?
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:18 PM   #18
Josh.0

Nah, she randomly texted me asking if I knew anyone who could help her find coke during the DMB shows last weekend and I figured it was time to move on.

Bangin’ hot, but definitely not one you keep around for longer than a few weeks.
Quote:
Quote:
30 minutes later

Quote:
You guys are sick.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:36 AM   #19
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

God damnit
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #20
TDunk

Coke for a DMB show? she's got it all wrong. that sounds miserable.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc