These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2019, 03:52 PM   #181
greppson
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Am I a rare case in that the amount of live DMB i listen to every year is largely tied to the shows I attend? For example, I’ve been listening to MSG 2018 for the last two months. Every year, it’s pretty typical that when I attend a great show, that’s gonna be what I listen to 90% of the time afterwards for awhile.
you ain't the only one.

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:41 PM   #182
Cscottrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike VDH View Post
Rumors have Hamilton de Holanda guesting through WPB. Stemmed from a dmbfamily post, and I asked someone else who basically agreed. Obviously take it with a grain of salt at this point, but it's intriguing to say the least.
I know this is an old post at this point, but the rumors and momentum relating to Hamilton have pretty much dried up. Is the person you asked someone that has reason/is in the know?
Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #183
shadowraven

I guess we are doing N2 of Alpine. I can't believe it's now split up into tiers for seat pricing. It's completely out of hand. Used to be no pit and you could get front or back row of pavilion by luck of the draw + seniority. Now it's pit (F that), front for $115, back for $85. Ridiculous.

Shows seen - http://www.DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1485

I saw the last Angel.
shadowraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #184
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraven View Post
I guess we are doing N2 of Alpine. I can't believe it's now split up into tiers for seat pricing. It's completely out of hand. Used to be no pit and you could get front or back row of pavilion by luck of the draw + seniority. Now it's pit (F that), front for $115, back for $85. Ridiculous.
I'm old now, so to me the PIT is terrible so we end up requesting Lower Reserved which I know will probably lower my chances of getting seats but ole well.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:45 PM   #185
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
I'm old now, so to me the PIT is terrible so we end up requesting Lower Reserved which I know will probably lower my chances of getting seats but ole well.
I only do pit to tape and even before I was taping I havenít tried to be in that dmbfam mosh pit up near the rail in years. I was actually talking to someone yesterday about how much the pit crowd sucks for dmb and how the NIN ones are way more enjoyable to be in.
Feathered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:33 PM   #186
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
It doesn't really lower your chances though.
For the winter tour they advertised 500 people pits.
That means if everyone requested 2 tix, you were only "behind the odds" of 250 others
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:47 AM   #187
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Totally joining Team SPAC for the first time in a while this year

Hopefully my friends Lake House will be open and ready to party
that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Nice! And if you and I both do bethel, I owe you a drink!
I requested tickets to the Bethel show as well, since my birthday is that day. If we are both attending, let's get a drink too.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:46 AM   #188
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
that's awesome!

I requested tickets to the Bethel show as well, since my birthday is that day. If we are both attending, let's get a drink too.

Absolutely, so long as our babysitter and ticket situations shake out, I’ll be there!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #189
batleon

What is the deal with the Charlotte Warehouse Warmup show? Went looking for details and couldn't find any, or do we not even know yet?
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #190
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
What is the deal with the Charlotte Warehouse Warmup show? Went looking for details and couldn't find any, or do we not even know yet?
We think it is going to be the 2018 show given away with any 2019 Summer Tour ticket, except the festivals. [Only registered users can see links.]
Old 02-07-2019, 12:47 PM   #191
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
We think it is going to be the 2018 show given away with any 2019 Summer Tour ticket, except the festivals. [Only registered users can see links.]
So the giveaway is going to be with all tickets? Probably in MP3 I would assume...
Old 02-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #192
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
So the giveaway is going to be with all tickets? Probably in MP3 I would assume...
Yes and yes.
I think there is a chance they will release the Charlotte Warehouse Warmup show, for which cover art/a Warehouse link leaked a while ago, as a Warehouse exclusive download available for purchase and then a different 2018 show will be the North American Tour Ticket Download available for free download with any 2019 ticket barcode.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:46 PM   #193
ggies
Sugar Will '04

I was going through 2018 live Youtube vids yesterday trying to see if I could muster up the courage to go again this summer, but this Pig is weak sauce. I'm proud to see Dave actually INTO the lyrics and giving some emotion, but the violin is missing, the horns sound pathetic, and it all makes the song sound muffled instead of having a sense of urgency to it like it used to have.....meh.

ggies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #194
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Not sure how it sounded after Deer Creek, but wasn't that the tour debut (and the first without Boyd?)

That's not to say there weren't some versions of Pig with Boyd that were absolutely unlistenable.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #195
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
Yes and yes.
I think there is a chance they will release the Charlotte Warehouse Warmup show, for which cover art/a Warehouse link leaked a while ago, as a Warehouse exclusive download available for purchase and then a different 2018 show will be the North American Tour Ticket Download available for free download with any 2019 ticket barcode.
Thanks for the lowdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
I was going through 2018 live Youtube vids yesterday trying to see if I could muster up the courage to go again this summer, but this Pig is weak sauce. I'm proud to see Dave actually INTO the lyrics and giving some emotion, but the violin is missing, the horns sound pathetic, and it all makes the song sound muffled instead of having a sense of urgency to it like it used to have.....meh.
I get it, I'm with Lillywhite on this in that the band has lost the sound that made them unique with Roi and Boyd gone. One was bad, two is worse. I haven't had much desire to see them for a while now because they're not as good as they used to be, but that's been true for probably at least a decade if not a decade and a half. There is still a lot of musical talent on that stage though. I'm interested to go see them after a 5 year break.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:21 PM   #196
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:

Huh no way. Buddy and Tim are trading licks all over that. No skrees
Tambourine Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #197
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

When Beauford is gone, I’m done. Till then, I’ll keep going for sure.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:29 PM   #198
jsandr
tryin' to date, havin' to cook

Quote:

Interesting how people can hear things totally differently. Daves into it, tim and buddy are wonderful, and overall just sounds spacious. To me this is a horrible example of why someone would hate this iteration of the band.

I dont miss boyds whiny off-key sawing. Sorry. There are always other ways to approach songs. Blah blah unique, etc. i dont get pigeonholing the band/artist like people here do. Oh well.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:34 PM   #199
jsandr
tryin' to date, havin' to cook

Quote:
Thanks for the lowdown

I get it, I'm with Lillywhite on this in that the band has lost the sound that made them unique with Roi and Boyd gone. One was bad, two is worse. I haven't had much desire to see them for a while now because they're not as good as they used to be, but that's been true for probably at least a decade if not a decade and a half. There is still a lot of musical talent on that stage though. I'm interested to go see them after a 5 year break.
To be frank, its much less the sound going downhill than it is daves penchant for writing filler material. Theres more than enough talent to warrant continuing to tour. But when you are assured of 50% throwaways in a show, the experience likely wont be nearly as good. Clearly there are still incredible moments though.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #200
Aparker507

Amazing how simple Carter played that Pig and a lot of songs last year.
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc