These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #121
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
they broke out who you are after ten years, i've honestly never really liked the tune but it's nice to know they still bust out rarities.
This is one I'd like to hear
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #122
peewee
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 324
Both shows were awesome. It's great to see them again after 5 yrs. There is a rumor going around at the shows saying that they are heading back into the studio to record a new album follow by a 2 year world tour starting next year. I hope it's true so I can plan on seeing quite a few shows next time around. Who are you, after a 10 yr, was amazing. They were on fire in WPB and Tampa was awesome with Sometimes as an opener. Great shows and if any of you get the chance to go to a show on this little tour, GO!

peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #123
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
brendan o'brien is producing it. if they do another 4 or 5 leg world tour and not hit st. louis i will lose my shit.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #124
Pay4WhatUGet
Falling, with a shotgun blast
 
Pay4WhatUGet's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,501
Sorry for the length of the review.

First let me say that I have been a PJ fan since 9th grade when "Ten" was released, but between bad timing, and the lack of shows in the south the WPB/Tampa shows were my first. With that being said, I have been to well over a hundred concerts in general, all over the US. Both of the Florida shows were great, but Tampa was AMAZING!

It was my 30th birthday, and I could not have scripted a better set, or show. When we got to our seats it was no more then 30sec. before the lights dimmed, and the band appeared.

Eddie mentioned before Elderly Woman that he was not sure if they were in Canada, or the US, because of the huge Canadian flag they hang for the hockey games. He then dedicated the song to anyone from Bradenton!!! Thats my home town, where I live, and one of my all time favorite songs!!! Let me say that this was the most personal moment I have ever had at a concert. I was moved to tears, and will never forget the moment. When he said that me and my friend let out a big yell, and we felt like the only people in the room. Thank you Eddie Vedder. You are my hero.

I have never been to a show where there was not one down song to grab a beer or use the can. This was the first, and I have never been more sober, but high in my whole life. Everything is still crystal clear, and I can't stop smiling about the whole experience.

One song after another was played that we loved. The run of Light Years, Down, Wishlist, Given To Fly, Daughter, Even Flow, Present Tense, and Insignificance was just jaw dropping. And then the encore came.

Eddie came out and said that they had a few requests, and proceeded to start the first of my two favorite songs. After "Nothingman",and "Black" I was so blown away that I could hardly even sing to another of my favorites "Porch". Mike was crushing it, and just flipping pick's out to the crowd and I couldn't believe the amazing show I was seeing.

The crowd was amazing, and I have been a part of many great crowds in NYC, The Gorge, Alpine Valley etc... but never for PJ. Eddie was animated, drinking, spitting, smoking, scissor kicking.......just all out rocking. The band was tight as hell, and just melted faces. I have been to many shows in Florida, and this was probably the best crowd I have been apart of here. Eddie mentioned it a few times as well.

Just so many great moments, and it was like I wrote the setlist for the show. For the treat that I was able to receive from the band on my birthday I say Thank You Pearl Jam. The night will be one I tell my kids about someday.
__________________
“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”
Pay4WhatUGet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #125
jeff1818
 
jeff1818's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 326
anyone want to buy 2 lawn seats to camden? face value
edit - friday night june 20th show.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:25 AM   #126
pgr17
 
pgr17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay4WhatUGet View Post
...
sounds great man - glad you got such a good show. Pearl Jam shows are always something to remember.

i'm seeing them only at the 6/30 show here outside of Boston but i just realized that it is the mini-tour closer. hopefully that means something good in store for us.
pgr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #127
EClayton08
TDCya
 
EClayton08's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 12,057
I'm going to the show in Columbia tomorrow, what time have they been going on stage? I assume a little after 830?
EClayton08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #128
pgr17
 
pgr17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,618
2008-06-14
Manchester, Tennessee
Bonnaroo

Set 1 Hard To Imagine, Corduroy, All Night, Why Go, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Down, Who You Are, Severed Hand, 1/2 Full, Animal, Even Flow, Daughter, Gone, Love Reign O'er Me, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1 W.M.A., Better Man(Save it for Later), Black, Crazy Mary, Porch
Encore 2 No More, Release, Alive
Encore 3 All Along The Watchtower
pgr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #129
Pay4WhatUGet
Falling, with a shotgun blast
 
Pay4WhatUGet's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgr17 View Post
sounds great man - glad you got such a good show. Pearl Jam shows are always something to remember.

i'm seeing them only at the 6/30 show here outside of Boston but i just realized that it is the mini-tour closer. hopefully that means something good in store for us.
I'd give anything to see another show. You're going to have a great time.
__________________
“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”
Pay4WhatUGet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #130
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,061
Wow that Bonnaroo set looks fucking epic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #131
Ledge
All Hail The Mighty Zep
 
Ledge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 51,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgr17 View Post
2008-06-14
Manchester, Tennessee
Bonnaroo

Set 1 Hard To Imagine, Corduroy, All Night, Why Go, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Down, Who You Are, Severed Hand, 1/2 Full, Animal, Even Flow, Daughter, Gone, Love Reign O'er Me, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1 W.M.A., Better Man(Save it for Later), Black, Crazy Mary, Porch
Encore 2 No More, Release, Alive
Encore 3 All Along The Watchtower
That is fucking badass. If I get something like this between the two MSG shows, I am going to be one happy boy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay View Post
Personally, I'd rather get fist-fucked by Ann Coulter than sit through a Dave Matthews concert. But that's just me.
Ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #132
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
that bonnaroo set is nutty.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 AM   #133
peewee
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pay4WhatUGet View Post
Sorry for the length of the review.

First let me say that I have been a PJ fan since 9th grade when "Ten" was released, but between bad timing, and the lack of shows in the south the WPB/Tampa shows were my first. With that being said, I have been to well over a hundred concerts in general, all over the US. Both of the Florida shows were great, but Tampa was AMAZING!

It was my 30th birthday, and I could not have scripted a better set, or show. When we got to our seats it was no more then 30sec. before the lights dimmed, and the band appeared.

Eddie mentioned before Elderly Woman that he was not sure if they were in Canada, or the US, because of the huge Canadian flag they hang for the hockey games. He then dedicated the song to anyone from Bradenton!!! Thats my home town, where I live, and one of my all time favorite songs!!! Let me say that this was the most personal moment I have ever had at a concert. I was moved to tears, and will never forget the moment. When he said that me and my friend let out a big yell, and we felt like the only people in the room. Thank you Eddie Vedder. You are my hero.

I have never been to a show where there was not one down song to grab a beer or use the can. This was the first, and I have never been more sober, but high in my whole life. Everything is still crystal clear, and I can't stop smiling about the whole experience.

One song after another was played that we loved. The run of Light Years, Down, Wishlist, Given To Fly, Daughter, Even Flow, Present Tense, and Insignificance was just jaw dropping. And then the encore came.

Eddie came out and said that they had a few requests, and proceeded to start the first of my two favorite songs. After "Nothingman",and "Black" I was so blown away that I could hardly even sing to another of my favorites "Porch". Mike was crushing it, and just flipping pick's out to the crowd and I couldn't believe the amazing show I was seeing.

The crowd was amazing, and I have been a part of many great crowds in NYC, The Gorge, Alpine Valley etc... but never for PJ. Eddie was animated, drinking, spitting, smoking, scissor kicking.......just all out rocking. The band was tight as hell, and just melted faces. I have been to many shows in Florida, and this was probably the best crowd I have been apart of here. Eddie mentioned it a few times as well.

Just so many great moments, and it was like I wrote the setlist for the show. For the treat that I was able to receive from the band on my birthday I say Thank You Pearl Jam. The night will be one I tell my kids about someday.

I have seen over 250 concerts in my life(45 DMB shows) and Pearl Jam is the best I have ever seen. I have seen them about 10-12 times. I felt the same way as you when I first saw them. They are my favorite band and I got the same itch as you, I can't wait to see them again!
peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #134
phelps154
Lost
 
phelps154's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 963
Going to see them thursday night in Camden... I can't wait, only my 2nd pearl jam show ever so I'm really pumped... My first was 2006...
__________________
Josh
phelps154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #135
pepelapag
You're Fuckin' Out
 
pepelapag's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledge View Post
That is fucking badass. If I get something like this between the two MSG shows, I am going to be one happy boy.
dude those shows are gonna be epic. fuckin epic. im going to n2.
__________________
"It's always easier to leave, than to be left." -DM
pepelapag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #136
Ledge
All Hail The Mighty Zep
 
Ledge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 51,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelapag View Post
dude those shows are gonna be epic. fuckin epic. im going to n2.
That's what I'm hoping for, but I don't want to set the bar so high that I'm let down. I can't believe it's only the third run they've ever done at the Garden...crazy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay View Post
Personally, I'd rather get fist-fucked by Ann Coulter than sit through a Dave Matthews concert. But that's just me.
Ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #137
pgr17
 
pgr17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledge View Post
That's what I'm hoping for, but I don't want to set the bar so high that I'm let down. I can't believe it's only the third run they've ever done at the Garden...crazy.
your MSG shows will be good... but they won't be able to touch N2 at Great Woods.

i'm just saying...
pgr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #138
pepelapag
You're Fuckin' Out
 
pepelapag's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgr17 View Post
your MSG shows will be good... but they won't be able to touch N2 at Great Woods.

i'm just saying...
no need to really compare, that wasnt my point. pj always puts on a great show. and its the garden, so bands always give 100%. pj doesnt save the best for last generally, so great woods should be on par with the rest of the tour.
__________________
"It's always easier to leave, than to be left." -DM
pepelapag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:15 AM   #139
pgr17
 
pgr17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 13,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelapag View Post
no need to really compare, that wasnt my point. pj always puts on a great show. and its the garden, so bands always give 100%. pj doesnt save the best for last generally, so great woods should be on par with the rest of the tour.
i was just giving Ledge shit.
pgr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #140
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,061
If you look at '03 Great Woods was just as epic as MSG, just for different reasons.

Crazy that they haven't been back to either venue since then. I know they had issues after the last Great Woods run, but it's weird this is their first time back at MSG in 5 years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.12297 seconds with 26 queries