These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #101
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Spectacular Failure is such a great tune. Especially the “why won’t you die?” backing vocal line. Haha
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:56 PM   #102
Garntd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartagnan View Post
That's awesome news. The second album took some time to grow on me. It sounded a little too slick and 70's-ish for my taste. I like the songs more when they pop up in a random playlist rather than listening to the album through.
that was actually their third - second one was bad self portraits, and they had a self titled before then that's pretty solid. It took me a second to warm up to side pony, but seeing most of it live sealed the deal for me
Garntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #103
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

#bragalert I feel quite lucky to have worked a few shows with these guys in 2015. Some of the nicest most humble folks I’ve had the chance to work with. Made me so proud to watch them open 3 shows at the Gorge in 2016. My girlfriend is a huge fan so they are always on in this house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #104
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
#bragalert I feel quite lucky to have worked a few shows with these guys in 2015. Some of the nicest most humble folks Iíve had the chance to work with. Made me so proud to watch them open 3 shows at the Gorge in 2016. My girlfriend is a huge fan so they are always on in this house

Sweetness
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #105
Dartagnan
Standing Has Become a Chore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garntd View Post
that was actually their third - second one was bad self portraits, and they had a self titled before then that's pretty solid. It took me a second to warm up to side pony, but seeing most of it live sealed the deal for me
TBH I knew that, I was just going off the two major releases. Having said that, I love the Lake Street Dive CD. "Hello? Goodbye", "Don't Make Me Hold Your Hand", "Elijah" and "The Neighbor Song" are favorites.

Also, I always go back to "What I'm Doing Here", especially to watch the video. That performance is incredible.
Dartagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #106
Dartagnan

I was looking through tickets the other day and realized I've sen them each of the last 3 years. I see there's a big gap in July/August of the current tour, here's to hoping they come around again. The shows always sell out, it's a good market for them.

They blew me away, closing with "Bohemian Rhapsody" a couple shows ago. I didn't know they were doing it and it was spot on. Better live than any of the videos I've pulled up.

They also played a couple new songs when they were with Amos Lee last year. I think one was Good Kisser and they other was something about space. I remember really liking the lyrics to that one.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #107
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
yeah, I much prefer their live sound over the studio...much more organic and you can hear their talent better than behind the over produced tracks.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #108
Coster
We got the cup

I'm with all you guys on Side Pony. I'm just not a big fan of the motown sound. I'm excited for this new one though.
Coster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:12 PM   #109
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Oh man I absolutely love all their material, side pony included.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #110
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Side Pony is awesome, I dont know what ya’ll are listening to...

Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #111
ggies
Sugar Will '04

New album is out today! I think my favorite song so far is - Red Light Kisses
Old 05-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #112
Garntd

The band doesn't really write bad songs - there's not 1 song they've written that I don't like. I will say, though, is I'm kinda underwhelmed by the album as a whole. I'll probably come around on it after a bunch of listens.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:06 AM   #113
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
The band doesn't really write bad songs - there's not 1 song they've written that I don't like. I will say, though, is I'm kinda underwhelmed by the album as a whole. I'll probably come around on it after a bunch of listens.
I'm not as positive as you on the band, I can't get into all the songs, but I get that. I have to listen multiple times with new music from this band. I find I try to seek out the good grooves first and then go back and listen to the other songs.

Another great groove - You Are Free
Old 05-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #114
ggies
Sugar Will '04

oooh - Hang On has a nice slow groove until the main chorus. I would love something of this rhythm on a new DMB song.....
Old 05-04-2018, 02:04 PM   #115
Dartagnan

Can't wait to check this out. They were on Debatable yesterday after doing some live stuff at XM/Sirius. I caught the last half of the interview, but this record was self produced. Sounds like they put a lot of effort and decision making into it. Their heads seem to be in a very grounded, band focused place. It's an interesting, if understandable, outlook from another band we've been debating the last couple weeks given where the two are in their "lifespans".
Old 05-04-2018, 10:45 PM   #116
Coster
We got the cup

On first listen the last half of the album is better than the first. But so far there aren't any songs that really grab me. We'll see if that changes as I give it a few more listens.
Coster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #117
gweeps

I think I hit upon who her voice reminds me of: Fiona Apple.

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #118
ggies
Sugar Will '04

After many plays of this album, I'm liking the fact that it was self-produced and it seems like their sound has really matured.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing here, but it seems like her voice is pulled back or just worn out from all the touring? It lacks that little extra kick of emotion vs. on the first album.....
Old 05-08-2018, 06:55 AM   #119
Garntd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
After many plays of this album, I'm liking the fact that it was self-produced and it seems like their sound has really matured.

Maybe I'm just over analyzing here, but it seems like her voice is pulled back or just worn out from all the touring? It lacks that little extra kick of emotion vs. on the first album.....
I forget if I read it or watched an interview, but Rachel was saying how she wanted to go harder on some songs, but the band convinced her to pull back, especially on "Must've Been Something."

I'm liking the album now. Needed to give it a few spins, but definitely finding it stronger than the initial impression.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:28 AM   #120
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
I forget if I read it or watched an interview, but Rachel was saying how she wanted to go harder on some songs, but the band convinced her to pull back, especially on "Must've Been Something."
ah, good to know.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc