These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #10161
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22,055
The songs referenced in lyrics were Space Between, Ants Marching and Spaceman.
Also, more than half of Ants Marching plays at a party later in the episode, and Starburns does an impression of Dave singing which is pretty hilarious.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #10162
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
The songs referenced in lyrics were Space Between, Ants Marching and Spaceman.
Also, more than half of Ants Marching plays at a party later in the episode, and Starburns does an impression of Dave singing which is pretty hilarious.


that was great

Winger when Annie looked at him funny when he admitted he was a hardcore "Dave" fan: "What? I was alive in the 90's and had 2 ears connected to a heart"
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #10163
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren
 
Thor2531's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Anyone watching Community right now? They're trying to catch a criminal at the school who's using DMB lyrics in the letters he leaves behind.

"These are Dave lyrics."
"What?"
"Dave Matthews band. Hardcore fans just call him Dave."
Sounds like something Spence (Hi Spence!) would jerk off to.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #10164
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,909
If that dude is still lurking, his life has taken an even sadder turn than I anticipated
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #10165
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,909
it's a crime that Hello Again and ADSR are still on the liberation list
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #10166
BigVodka
 
BigVodka's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: darkside of the loon
Posts: 2,238
Dave recorded ADSR years ago right? That's seems to be a song that could work best in studio.

I feel like with SW being so difficult to play live, that's a motivation for Dave to get it laid down in studio


Sent from my iPhone using [Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
.
BigVodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #10167
somf4eva
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,842
Did I miss mention of Deed is Done partial from Jan 8th?

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
The band is just jerking off on our faces right now...and I am proud to be a dirty whore.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #10168
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 21,954
It's been thoroughly covered and roundly jerked off too by more than a few.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #10169
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
It's been thoroughly covered and roundly JACKED off too by more than a few.
Fixed
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #10170
somf4eva
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
It's been thoroughly covered and roundly jerked off too by more than a few.
Ah. Missed it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
The band is just jerking off on our faces right now...and I am proud to be a dirty whore.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #10171
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,687
If you haven't heard it, here's the only version we have of DMB playing Deed is Done.

[Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #10172
SoftMacho
Moore Soul
 
SoftMacho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,905
Does this one count?

[Only registered users can see links.]
SoftMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #10173
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
Does this one count?

[Only registered users can see links.]
Yeah it probably does. We do count that Spoon from 1998 where Carter doesn't play because of those crickets.
gweeps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #10174
SoftMacho
Moore Soul
 
SoftMacho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,905
I hope they don't play Deed is Done full band. It's just not made for that.
SoftMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #10175
Monk
Moore Soul
 
Monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
I hope they don't play Deed is Done full band. It's just not made for that.

It's been so long, I'm all for them giving it a shot. Especially if it has been reworked.
__________________
UN-BAN SMITTAY! VIVA LA REVOLUCION! #OccupyTDC #Smittay

http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=181

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
i get the feeling about 3% of the people in this thread have ever been laid
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #10176
SoftMacho
Moore Soul
 
SoftMacho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
It's been so long, I'm all for them giving it a shot. Especially if it has been reworked.
Rare songs I'd rather hear:

Let You Down
Dodo
Trouble
Too High
FTBO Wynona
Solsbury Hill (syracuse?!)
Monkey Man (yette?!)
Machead (song sucks)
Sweet Carolina (just kidding)
Suck My Dick Twice (Jake)
SoftMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #10177
brian3641
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 12,042
Break him easy when he goes down for the Booty of Wynona.
brian3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #10178
Monk
Moore Soul
 
Monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,366
Stuff That Doesn't Need Its Own Thread (DMBc Version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
Rare songs I'd rather hear:



Let You Down

Dodo

Trouble

Too High

FTBO Wynona

Solsbury Hill (syracuse?!)

Monkey Man (yette?!)

Machead (song sucks)

Sweet Carolina (just kidding)

Suck My Dick Twice (Jake)

Agreed, but that's in an ideal setting. If the band is actually working on older material or are experimenting with more songs that haven't been played in a while and there's more realistically at play, then I'm going to have preferences. If it comes down to a standard summer tour, give me DID any day over not hearing it.

And I'm pretty sure we heard that last one debut in 2009.
__________________
UN-BAN SMITTAY! VIVA LA REVOLUCION! #OccupyTDC #Smittay

http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=181

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
i get the feeling about 3% of the people in this thread have ever been laid
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 PM   #10179
SoftMacho
Moore Soul
 
SoftMacho's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 3,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Agreed, but that's in an ideal setting. If the band is actually working on older material or are experimenting with more songs that haven't been played in a while and there's more realistically at play, then I'm going to have preferences. If it comes down to a standard summer tour, give me DID any day over not hearing it.

And I'm pretty sure we heard that last one debut in 2009.
Do you think he talked to Timmy about DID?

And…Yette confirms the latter.
SoftMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #10180
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,909
Watched the full-show vid of 12.1.96 today on youtube. That was a really cool thing for me, a dude who works in the audio world, to see, especially since my mother and step-father's first date was 2 days later @ Wing's Stadium, the hockey complex where I grew up playing hockey. So cool to see the setup and band-interaction from those days, almost recreating their experience (Ive had the tape since '05).

Schweet find, brahhhh
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.12740 seconds with 17 queries