These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #41
sdaltons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
not really, it was like the first option people thought of when they announced the season and movie. it won't even be the first original programming they have.
but it will easily be the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #42
FiddySpence
TDCya

Lillyhammer looks pretty great.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #43
mja271

Can't wait to check out Lillyhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #44
FiddySpence
TDCya

[Only registered users can see links.]

Yesterday, Mitchell Hurwitz, creator of “Arrested Development,” as well as Will Arnett, David Cross, and other members of the cast, spoke at a Netflix-sponsored event in Las Vegas about the show’s greatly anticipated resurrection. We weren’t there (I’d like to say it’s because we didn’t want to go to Las Vegas, but it’s actually because we weren’t invited — see if I ever follow your incessant recommendation of “Homestarrunner: Everything Else: Vol. 3″ now, Netflix), but Vulture was. Here are some of the most interesting NUGGETS.

Netflix chief Ted Sarandos confirmed that all ten episodes of Arrested’s long-awaited fourth season will premiere together on a single day sometime next year. Hurwitz also confirmed that production is set to begin this summer.

Originally, Hurwitz’s plan had been to make the revival like an anthology, with each episode telling a somewhat self-contained story about a specific character. “That is now kind of evolving into becoming more like the old show again,” Hurwitz told a packed house of conventioneers. The reason for the change: Hurwitz sees a chance to tweak the show’s format to take advantage of the fact that the full ten-episode season will debut at once, rather than over two-and-a-half months.

Bob Loblaw will return. “We will bring him back,” Hurwitz told Vulture when we asked a question from the studio audience. (Per Netflix’s insistence, Hurwitz wasn’t doing one-on-one chats). “It’s kind of a one-joke thing. But if you guys don’t mind bringing it back, we’ll give it to you.” (For the record, the audience reacted with strong applause to the idea of a Loblaw appearance in season four).

The Loblaw news is fantastic, but if “AD 2.0″ also includes a cameo from Gene Parmesan (“AHHHHH”), I’d be as happy as Gob with a sword (of destiny) or Stan Sitwell with a new wig or Lucille with a bottle of vodka or Tobias with a plate of hard-boiled eggs or Buster with unlimited juice. This party’s going to be off the hook.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #45
FiddySpence
TDCya

But even with these promising, concrete details, it just wouldn’t be an Arrested Development reunion conversation without some good old-fashioned getting some hopes up and then dashing some others. Most notably, Hurwitz and the cast pointedly sidestepped any talk of the movie that was supposed to follow the new season, even though the movie is what started this whole conversation in the first place. In fact, it doesn’t even sound like it’s part of the plan anymore, as Hurwitz also started dropping hints about a fifth or even sixth season of the show, saying, “We would love this to be the first of many visits.” So, stop petitioning for an Arrested Development revival, and get ready to start petitioning for a revival of the revival
Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #46
FiddySpence
TDCya

multiple seasons or a movie, i don't really give a fuck.

actually, just give me multiple seasons
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #47
NiCK (Crush)

Yea, multiple seasons sounds better to me anyway if that's the case. I feel like a movie is easier to fuck up.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #48
batleon

More AD is more AD. I don't care how it's done.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #49
Ledge
All Hail The Mighty Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
More AD is more AD. I don't care how it's done.
I wholeheartedly agree. I just finished re-watching the series for the fourth time last night, and I really wish it had been able to progress and continue to grow organically rather than being forced to hastily tie up a bunch of loose ends in the last 5-6 episodes. That being said, I'm looking forward to some new storylines and more of one of the best family's television has ever created.
Ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #50
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledge View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. I just finished re-watching the series for the fourth time last night, and I really wish it had been able to progress and continue to grow organically rather than being forced to hastily tie up a bunch of loose ends in the last 5-6 episodes. That being said, I'm looking forward to some new storylines and more of one of the best family's television has ever created.
Completely agree. I'm gonna definitely make sure I re-watch the series again before the new ones come out. I always felt that Season 3 definitely suffered a bit.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #51
FiddySpence
TDCya

i can't even count how many times i've gone through the series. when i get the urge to watch some (which is frequently) i just go on down the line and start over when i get to the end.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #52
abw123

I think it's arguably the best sitcom of all time. Very rewatchable, thank you Netflix.

Season 3 was not as good as 1-2, but still very good.

I would prefer more seasons to a movie, but I'll take what I can get. I kinda find it hard to believe that the entire cast is going to reup for multiple seasons.
abw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #53
FiddySpence
TDCya

i don't. especially if they're just 8-10 episodes every couple years. that's not much of a commitment. the biggest stars are Jason Bateman and Michael Cera and Bateman's not THAT big and Cera doesn't seem to be keeping himself very busy these days.

the biggest obstacle is Tambor and especially Jessica Walter kicking the bucket. she's already 71.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #54
NiCK (Crush)

I can't believe they're gonna drop all 10 episodes at once... that's crazy. I love it, but I did not expect that.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #55
abw123

Such a smart show, so well written. I'm beyond shocked Hurwitz hasn't done anything good since. Failed pilots and terrible shows that get on the air.......nothing even borderline average since.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #56
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by abw123 View Post
Such a smart show, so well written. I'm beyond shocked Hurwitz hasn't done anything good since. Failed pilots and terrible shows that get on the air.......nothing even borderline average since.
sometimes people just find the one thing they know how to do well. for him, that's AD.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #57
abw123

.......or maybe Vallely and some of the other producer/writers are due more credit for AD than Hurwitz?????

I love Arnett but that last show he did with Hurwitz was an abomination.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #58
Ledge
All Hail The Mighty Zep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
i can't even count how many times i've gone through the series. when i get the urge to watch some (which is frequently) i just go on down the line and start over when i get to the end.
It took me about 10 days to get through the whole show again. It has such great staying power.
Ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #59
FiddySpence
TDCya

it's amazing how great it is from the very first episode. that rarely happens.

two of my favorite bits of the entire show are from the pilot:

George Sr's exasperated "what is wrong with you?" when GOB tries to hide him on the boat

and "i have the worst fucking attorneys"

Old 04-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #60
abw123

It's also amazing how many A++ characters/performances there are on that show.

Tambor, Arnett, Cera, Hale, Bateman, Cross all are consistently great enough that you could argue them as MVP. Unreal.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc