These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2018, 07:12 AM   #1021
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Hi all. So I’ve been eating really well again lately and want to get back in the gym soon. Having depression/OCD the past few years took me out of the gym (when I was in amazing shape) and I lost it all. I’m trying to fight back against this illness and really feel that getting back into the gym will help me again. I’m trying to build myself up again for a restart.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:20 AM   #1022
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Hi all. So I’ve been eating really well again lately and want to get back in the gym soon. Having depression/OCD the past few years took me out of the gym (when I was in amazing shape) and I lost it all. I’m trying to fight back against this illness and really feel that getting back into the gym will help me again. I’m trying to build myself up again for a restart.
I'm OCD on certain aspects of my life, so I get that, but....

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:46 PM   #1023
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
I'm OCD on certain aspects of my life, so I get that, but....

thanks bro. Yea, mental illness is a bitch, but I want to achieve this goal.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:36 PM   #1024
Josh.0

Malakas, for real, have you tried yoga?
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #1025
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Malakas, for real, have you tried yoga?

To be honest, I’ve never tried yoga, but It’s been suggested to me by multiple people.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:56 AM   #1026
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
I've gradually gained back all the weight I lost a couple of years ago and then some, which has been very disheartening. With a wedding coming up in a year and a half or so I'm trying to re-motivate and return to a healthy lifestyle but man I've got to admit that I have a ton of self loathing for allowing myself to get heavy again. I'm still a big, broad guy (6'3") so my body holds the weight alright and I don't look fat necessarily but I had lost 45lbs and kept it off for about a year. Then just started to slip into old bad habits, and kept telling myself I'd cut it off before it got out of hand, and next thing you know I was on a downward spiral of weight gain. Frustrating, but I guess the first step is identifying the problem and taking action. Hopefully next time I check in here I'm back on the right path.
Well I guess I should check in. Unfortunately after a brief attempt for a couple months last year I definitely let myself go. I'm getting married in September. Stepped on the scale at the end of March and was disgusted with what I saw. Dedicated myself to eating well, walking a bunch, swapping soda for water, and some light weightlifting and as of today I'm down 19 pounds from April 1st. I feel so much better and fit into clothes that were getting way too tight. Still have work to do to get to where I want to be but seeing success over the last 2 months makes the motivation aspect a lot easier. I've really worked to try and do something that I feel is sustainable and not overly onerous on my lifestyle. So far so good. I will keep you guys posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #1027
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Well I guess I should check in. Unfortunately after a brief attempt for a couple months last year I definitely let myself go. I'm getting married in September. Stepped on the scale at the end of March and was disgusted with what I saw. Dedicated myself to eating well, walking a bunch, swapping soda for water, and some light weightlifting and as of today I'm down 19 pounds from April 1st. I feel so much better and fit into clothes that were getting way too tight. Still have work to do to get to where I want to be but seeing success over the last 2 months makes the motivation aspect a lot easier. I've really worked to try and do something that I feel is sustainable and not overly onerous on my lifestyle. So far so good. I will keep you guys posted
that's awesome bro! I think today will be the first day that I step back into the gym. I tried last month, but the OCD held me back. I want to overcome that today.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #1028
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Good work man. Losing 20 lbs is always something to be proud of. Good luck heading into your wedding. I was a little overweight for my wedding (had literally no idea) and I still get a little pissed off to this day when I see the pictures. So, whatever effort you put in now, you’ll be reaping those benefits for the rest of your life.

Hoping you get in there Malakas. If it becomes too much of an issue you could always look into buying some free weights off CL. That is what I did for my bench and olympic weights. Then I’ve just been adding dumbells as I need them from Walmart or whoever has the best price at the time when I need them. That way you should be able to get going with what you need for under $200.

It is definitely hard to get started, but once you get started you are quickly rewarded with a tremendpus sense of self satisfaction. Just takes one step...

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #1029
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Good points there, Jack.

I really need to man up and quit drinking soda again. It's easily my biggest vice, but arguably the worst thing I could be doing to myself. I've had spells of over a year without it, but once I get a little taste I go back in full throttle.

Sugar is straight poison and I gotta beat it.

But, I've been biking a ton and hiking a lot. I'd feel a lot better about it if I could cut sugar.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #1030
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Good work man. Losing 20 lbs is always something to be proud of. Good luck heading into your wedding. I was a little overweight for my wedding (had literally no idea) and I still get a little pissed off to this day when I see the pictures. So, whatever effort you put in now, you’ll be reaping those benefits for the rest of your life.

Hoping you get in there Malakas. If it becomes too much of an issue you could always look into buying some free weights off CL. That is what I did for my bench and olympic weights. Then I’ve just been adding dumbells as I need them from Walmart or whoever has the best price at the time when I need them. That way you should be able to get going with what you need for under $200.

It is definitely hard to get started, but once you get started you are quickly rewarded with a tremendpus sense of self satisfaction. Just takes one step...

thanks for this great advice Jack. I really appreciate it. I just arrived at the gym now, as we speak
Old 05-22-2018, 07:30 AM   #1031
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
thanks for this great advice Jack. I really appreciate it. I just arrived at the gym now, as we speak
Kick ass

Old 05-23-2018, 06:05 AM   #1032
Jonas
BLUFF

Been doing keto since December 5th and it’s been a life changer. I’ll post some pics later but on December 5th I was 272 and Alittle over 4 months later I was 237. I’ve gotten Alittle slack on my diet, not really breaking ketosis but not counting calories and adding back in low carb beer more often.
Lifting 5 days a week again and I feel like a new man.
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #1033
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Been doing keto since December 5th and it’s been a life changer. I’ll post some pics later but on December 5th I was 272 and Alittle over 4 months later I was 237. I’ve gotten Alittle slack on my diet, not really breaking ketosis but not counting calories and adding back in low carb beer more often.
Lifting 5 days a week again and I feel like a new man.
Damn son. Good work. And yea, life needs a few brews. Even if they are low carb.

Quote:
Chest and calfs today. Anyone else getting their Boyd Tinsley on?
In light of recent events, I feel we need to confirm what malakas was talking about here...

Old 05-23-2018, 07:34 AM   #1034
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
In light of recent events, I feel we need to confirm what malakas was talking about here..

dear lord how long ago did I post this haha?
Old 05-23-2018, 07:56 AM   #1035
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
dear lord how long ago did I post this haha?
Years and years

I was trying to go back to find an old post of mine, clicked a random page, and that was the first thing I saw. Couldn’t resist.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #1036
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Years and years

I was trying to go back to find an old post of mine, clicked a random page, and that was the first thing I saw. Couldn’t resist.

I don’t blame you
Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #1037
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Does anyone have a good protein powder recommendation? Need to buy some new stuff and have been usuong one recommended in here years ago. Not sure if it is time for a change.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #1038
Jonas
BLUFF

Quote:
Does anyone have a good protein powder recommendation? Need to buy some new stuff and have been usuong one recommended in here years ago. Not sure if it is time for a change.

[Only registered users can see links.]

If Cinnabon isn’t your thing, that’s weird, but any of their flavors are amazing. They’ve pretty much cornered the market in flavor IMO.

ON if you’re looking for bulk and cost with decent flavor.

Doing keto I don’t really get to experience protein any more. It saddens me lol.
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Old 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #1039
Jonas
BLUFF

Quote:
Damn son. Good work. And yea, life needs a few brews. Even if they are low carb.

In light of recent events, I feel we need to confirm what malakas was talking about here...
Agreed.

I strongly suggest keto to anyone who feels like “dieting” sets them back. Keto does not feel like a diet and changes the way you feel in amazing ways. There are so many health benefits to being in a state of ketosis it’s insane.

This weekend I got drunk at a party and caved. We ordered a pizza and I ate 6 pieces. I woke up the next day feeling depressed, bloated, and super heavy. The fog I was walking around with all day was nuts. Yes, 6 pieces is too much, but it shouldn’t make you feel that way. But carbs do. Processed foods are bullshit.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:49 PM   #1040
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc