These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2019, 09:50 PM   #61
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
if this is the point you're at you might just need to sell your tickets this summer. These 3 shows are pretty much the best we can expect in 2019 with high number of "meh" songs in the catalog. I think it was a really great 3 night stand with guests, highlights, surprises and a good spread of the catalog. Less covers? Sure, but that's a really minor thing to be upset about. They played 70 songs, no repeats and busted out some nice rare ones as well (Spoon, first time ever Cortez D+T, first PFWYG D+T since '03 and first in general since 2015).
Already cut back to two shows and now with locations out, might drop to one.

Anyway, yeah the sets overall were great but again he could have spread the covers out better and made night three stronger without hurting one and two.
You are right, it's minor though in the grand scheme
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:01 PM   #62
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
if this is the point you're at you might just need to sell your tickets this summer. These 3 shows are pretty much the best we can expect in 2019 with high number of "meh" songs in the catalog. I think it was a really great 3 night stand with guests, highlights, surprises and a good spread of the catalog. Less covers? Sure, but that's a really minor thing to be upset about. They played 70 songs, no repeats and busted out some nice rare ones as well (Spoon, first time ever Cortez D+T, first PFWYG D+T since '03 and first in general since 2015).
It will never be enough, we are the most demanding bag of dicks fan base out there, and that includes me, sadly, but I can honestly say, Iíd be happy with this weekends sets. You got Carlos, DMB staple guest Warren Haynes, and the newly most popular Grammy winning artist Brandi Carlile, and the aforementioned 70 different songs. WTF else do you want?
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:31 PM   #63
That's it, Sir.
I understand.
 
That's it, Sir.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Almost 70 songs. No repeats.

Sure, I suppose in some other dimension thatís considered lazy.
I read the setlists and was impressed by the spread and diversity of songs/placement etc. I voice my opinion when I don't like something as much as the next TDC'er but what more could you ask for?
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:45 AM   #64
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Already cut back to two shows and now with locations out, might drop to one.

Anyway, yeah the sets overall were great but again he could have spread the covers out better and made night three stronger without hurting one and two.
You are right, it's minor though in the grand scheme
Yeah, but that's really nitpicking, everyone went to all 3 shows, so they didn't mind if one night was a little heavier on covers, it's not like it was a one nighter with 3-4 covers in the set.

Enjoy this weekend, because there's not a chance that the summer sets look anything close to this diverse. That's a fact. I think it will be a good summer and we'll see plenty of bust outs and surprises throughout, but night to night it's still going to be mostly the same 50 songs or so rotated for the whole tour like always.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:40 AM   #65
kl116
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 50


Love this version of VITR
kl116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #66
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,718
Brandi is still awful on Spoon. A massacre
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:59 AM   #67
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,187
Tim's guitar on Clown reminds me of a harmonica on a country song.

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:11 AM   #68
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Brandi is still awful on Spoon. A massacre
She's just awful in general.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:49 AM   #69
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
She's just awful in general.
This is a pretty outrageous comment.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:55 AM   #70
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
This is a pretty outrageous comment.
Can't stand her voice.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #71
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Can't stand her voice.
Wow, totally your right to have that opinion but itís an awesome voice. Adele on the other had is hot garbage.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:41 PM   #72
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Wow, totally your right to have that opinion but itís an awesome voice. Adele on the other had is hot garbage.
Adele is terrible. But yeah, Brandi does absolutely nothing for me, grating voice....similar to Dylan....writes great tunes but don't make me listen to her.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #73
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,710
Listening to those two vids above. Dave's voice really has gotten bad, he struggles so much just to get the words out. He used to be smooth. Comes with age, it's just a shame.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:18 PM   #74
crazycreep
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Macedonia, OH
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Can't stand her voice.
Way too dramatic also, I don’t buy her sincerity. Her Grammy performance was way over the top and unlistenable ....like you said grating
__________________
"Could you call me taxi, call me a whore, I don't care anymore" -DM
crazycreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:56 PM   #75
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 9,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
Listening to those two vids above. Dave's voice really has gotten bad, he struggles so much just to get the words out. He used to be smooth. Comes with age, it's just a shame.
Yeah he hasn't sounded good for a while. And it's getting worse.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #76
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycreep View Post
Way too dramatic also, I donít buy her sincerity. Her Grammy performance was way over the top and unlistenable ....like you said grating
Does she have a drug habit? She seems constantly tweaked out.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:02 PM   #77
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,058
Regarding Spoon, I’m glad to see it return, but:

1. It’s sad that Alanis has never guested on it, but Brandi has multiple times.
2. The song isn’t even played anymore unless she makes a first appearance. Why?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:43 PM   #78
crazycreep
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Macedonia, OH
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Does she have a drug habit? She seems constantly tweaked out.
I heard an interview with her on Stern and she said she drinks a lot and smokes...
__________________
"Could you call me taxi, call me a whore, I don't care anymore" -DM
crazycreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:25 PM   #79
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,187
For me, nobody tops Ingrid Michaelson on Spoon.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #80
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kl116 View Post


Love this version of VITR
I actually find this song loses something without piano, and I always like dave on guitar more.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.11161 seconds with 30 queries