These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 10:09 AM   #161
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,641
One of my favorite musicians, Stephen Kellogg, holds an annual 'Family BBQ' one weekend each year with two concerts (Friday and Saturday nights) and an actual BBQ at a local park with his family, the band, crew, etc. That's happening the weekend right after Bethel....so I'm thinking I'll be skipping DMB again this year. Ah well!
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:19 PM   #162
Feathered
oh shit!
 
Feathered's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiebrod View Post
Been away from DMB for awhile. Glad they are making a stop back in Des Moines this spring/summer so it's easy to hit a show.
Lame! I know the feeling though, I'm skipping Camden N2 for Death Cab & Jenny Lewis. I'll drop a show for a chance for them to maaaaaybe bust out some Postal Service stuff

Who knows, maybe we will get a show that lines up
Feathered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:14 PM   #163
wiebrod
 
wiebrod's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Lame! I know the feeling though, I'm skipping Camden N2 for Death Cab & Jenny Lewis. I'll drop a show for a chance for them to maaaaaybe bust out some Postal Service stuff

Who knows, maybe we will get a show that lines up
I agree it's lame. I didn't make a show last year, the venues they played close enough for me didn't really appeal to me and the new album didn't do enough to drive me to want to go either. Last summer I didn't take a complete break from the band, but didn't spend as much time on here or paying attention to shows like I usually do.

Alpine could be a later game time decision for me, glad to see they added it back on the tour stops.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #164
Feathered
oh shit!
 
Feathered's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiebrod View Post
I agree it's lame. I didn't make a show last year, the venues they played close enough for me didn't really appeal to me and the new album didn't do enough to drive me to want to go either. Last summer I didn't take a complete break from the band, but didn't spend as much time on here or paying attention to shows like I usually do.

Alpine could be a later game time decision for me, glad to see they added it back on the tour stops.
Totally quoted the wrong person not paying attention at work.

But yeah thats not great about your venue options, at least theres Alpine coming up again this year. The last album and the whole year was a bit of a scattershot, though I had a ton of fun and am looking forward to seeing it open up a bit more since this isnt an album year. Hopefully we can get something similar to 2003 / 2010 / 2013 rolling set wise because they sound great.
Feathered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:25 PM   #165
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Totally quoted the wrong person not paying attention at work.

But yeah thats not great about your venue options, at least theres Alpine coming up again this year. The last album and the whole year was a bit of a scattershot, though I had a ton of fun and am looking forward to seeing it open up a bit more since this isnt an album year. Hopefully we can get something similar to 2003 / 2010 / 2013 rolling set wise because they sound great.
This summer is definitley going to be lighter on the Come Tomorrow tunes, I expect the sets will look more like the fall than Summer. Also expecting some songs back in rotation we haven't seen in a while. Would be nice to get a full tour with something like DIDO or JTR being played like 15 times, that hasn't happened in forever.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #166
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Lame! I know the feeling though, I'm skipping Camden N2 for Death Cab & Jenny Lewis. I'll drop a show for a chance for them to maaaaaybe bust out some Postal Service stuff

Who knows, maybe we will get a show that lines up
Just check out the sets of the first few shows she opens.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 06:09 PM   #167
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
This summer is definitley going to be lighter on the Come Tomorrow tunes, I expect the sets will look more like the fall than Summer. Also expecting some songs back in rotation we haven't seen in a while. Would be nice to get a full tour with something like DIDO or JTR being played like 15 times, that hasn't happened in forever.
I think we're one more tour away from something similar to '03.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:53 PM   #168
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
I think we're one more tour away from something similar to '03.
Ď13 is more realistic. These songs didnít exist in 2003:
You & Me
Why i Am
Seven
Funny the Way It Is
Lousiana Bayou
You Might Die Trying
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Cornbread

And those songs arenít going anywhere.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:53 AM   #169
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 17,969
2013 or the beginning of 2010 sounds right. The opening CBus show of the fall tour had that feel - with YNK, KTK, Break Free, Say Bye, etc. I hope they throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #170
wiebrod
 
wiebrod's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 3,754
It's a little different for me going into this year. I haven't seen a show for a couple of years now and have no expectations. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. I've always enjoyed every show one way or another.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #171
sdaltons
 
sdaltons's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,470
Are we expecting the warehouse request period to be extended and if it's not, will this be the first time it hasn't been in a really long time?
__________________
-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:57 AM   #172
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaltons View Post
Are we expecting the warehouse request period to be extended and if it's not, will this be the first time it hasn't been in a really long time?
I requested tickets for Bethel this morning and the 'ticketing request end' date read 2/5/19, which is tomorrow, so I'd imagine an announcement/email blast is forthcoming.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #173
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,159
I'd gladly take a set like 2013 this year.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:50 AM   #174
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
I'd gladly take a set like 2013 this year.
Just applying that to 2019 for shits and giggles, here's the 2013 Bethel show:

Spoiler:
July 2, 2013
Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Bethel, NY

Sweet
Here On Out
Louisiana Bayou
Warehouse
So Right
Idea of You
Crush
Belly Belly Nice
Do You Remember
Captain
What Would You Say
Drunken Soldier
Again and Again
Kill the Preacher [partial]
Don't Drink the Water
Recently
So Damn Lucky
(Don't Fear) The Reaper
Sledgehammer
The Song That Jane Likes
Rooftop
She
Jimi Thing
-----------------------------------
Shake Me Like a Monkey
Can't Stop
Ants Marching


Eh.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #175
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,159
I would actually be OK with that (though Jimi closer Can't Stop E1 is rough for sure). But then again I haven't seen the band play in 5 years so I'm grading things a little differently these days.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #176
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 30,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
I would actually be OK with that (though Jimi closer Can't Stop E1 is rough for sure). But then again I haven't seen the band play in 5 years so I'm grading things a little differently these days.
Makes sense....I haven't seen em since May, 2016....and will likely go to one show this year, if any, so I think as far as going to a show, I don't really care about setlist, but listening to as many tapes as I can, I'm hoping for a bit of variety and maybe some song arrangements being tweaked. Might help having Hamilton de Holenda or whatever his name is out there, too.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #177
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Makes sense....I haven't seen em since May, 2016....and will likely go to one show this year, if any, so I think as far as going to a show, I don't really care about setlist, but listening to as many tapes as I can, I'm hoping for a bit of variety and maybe some song arrangements being tweaked. Might help having Hamilton de Holenda or whatever his name is out there, too.
I stopped listening to tapes about halfway through 2014

Honestly I think the only show I've listened to since then was the Cville 2016 show and then the 10 minutes of the Cville 2017 webcast that I saw live. Everything else DMB I've listened to since then has been older stuff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:41 AM   #178
wiebrod
 
wiebrod's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 3,754
I very rarely go back and listen to any show past 04. I haven't attended a show in a couple of years, but I do always go back and listen to a show I've been to. There has been some sporadic shows from 05-present that I'll go back and listen to, but that doesn't happen very often. This along with me not going to shows for a couple of years has really lowered my expectations of what I'm going to get a show when I go, and like I said I'll find out this year if it's a good or bad thing.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #179
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22,459
Am I a rare case in that the amount of live DMB i listen to every year is largely tied to the shows I attend? For example, I’ve been listening to MSG 2018 for the last two months. Every year, it’s pretty typical that when I attend a great show, that’s gonna be what I listen to 90% of the time afterwards for awhile.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:58 PM   #180
Mike VDH
Can we check the tweets Craig?
 
Mike VDH's Avatar
Ticket Request Period extended until 3 eastern Tuesday.
__________________
-Mike
Mike VDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08814 seconds with 16 queries