These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #121
batleon

I wish I'd seen them in '96/'97. Hell, I'd take a '99 show too.

UMass show was a nice consolation prize though
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #122
FiddySpence
TDCya

i wish i've seen dave and tim even once.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #123
batleon

If full band wasn't kicking ass so badly right now I'd be all for another D+T tour in the fall or next winter.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #124
FiddySpence
TDCya

there are quite a few great venues around stl they could play. The Fox first and foremost. I can't believe they've never played there or that they've skipped missouri in general almost every time.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 PM   #125
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
I don't care how many times I say it.

2/17-2/19/96

2/21/97

3/7/99

Everytime I listen to these shows and then look at what we have released so far...it kills me.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #126
Moses
TDCya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancheatham View Post

I asked him once, and he didn't seem to know what Proudest Monkey was ,
. I forgot about that.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #127
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I don't care how many times I say it.

2/17-2/19/96

2/21/97

3/7/99

Everytime I listen to these shows and then look at what we have released so far...it kills me.
Everytime I listen to these shows and then listen to BW I cry.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #128
Fiorentino
Viva Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos View Post
one of my favorite photos

I've got so many things I want to say about this thread haha

1) About that setlist scan- I always wondered.. did whoever submitted it include any backround/story? (were that backstage.. etc etc)

2) I shit my pants when this thread was topped thinking a new source came out from the tour . I'm glad it was topped though.. there isn't enough discussions about this and other D&T tours

3) Luther College got me into DMB. Single most important release to me by the band...

4) Brandon is 120% right about the shows that need to be released. 2/21/97 most of all. It is so fuckin' ashame that we have a 2/20 SBD but not 2/21 (I'll take what I can get though).

5) I can't think of any other tour that the overall quality of the tapes is as poor as '96. Therefore, I think this tour is most deserving of SBD treatment for reasons other than quality of the performance. I could be overlooking a tour.. but I'm pretty sure I'm right. (I'm not counting the '07 D/T tour that is missing alot of tapes period and other tours like that).

We need more '96 soundboards. I don't even really care what show. I'd prefer some over others, but I'd take anything at this point. There really isn't a price I wouldn't pay for a release of the entire tour by digital download or something..

Again, glad to see this tour being discussed
Old 06-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #129
buddha05
Gene Parmesan

I know over the years there has been speculation that there are several more D&T 96 SBDs out there somewhere (presumably under lock and key). Does anyone know which shows they are?
buddha05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #130
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
1) About that setlist scan- I always wondered.. did whoever submitted it include any backround/story? (were that backstage.. etc etc)
I think this and the 1/26/99 setlists were both thrown away and people either found them on the ground or took them out of the trash. I thought I remember someone finding that one wrinkled on the ground and grabbed it and got dave to sign it. I think the 1/26 was actually picked up after the 2/6/99 show. Someone on here owns it, so they could shed more light...

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #131
Fiorentino
Viva Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha05 View Post
I know over the years there has been speculation that there are several more D&T 96 SBDs out there somewhere (presumably under lock and key). Does anyone know which shows they are?
It's in the post '95 SBD discussion thread from back in the day. Some of the info was pretty sensitive, so I rather not say anything about it. Other than that, I think I remember reading each university got a copy of the SBD.. could be wrong on that though.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #132
greppson
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos View Post
one of my favorite photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
I've got so many things I want to say about this thread haha

I submitted that to the almanac a few years ago.

The story is this:

Back in 2003, I hit up some of the NC Dave and Tim shows with Sinclair and a few other friends. After one of those shows I met a guy by the name of... Sal (it's been a while, but I think that's his name) who had apparently been around the DMB community for a while and had met Dave a few times. I asked him to send me a picture of the set scan he had gotten from that night (either Boone or Winston-Salem) and he also sent along a picture of the 3/13/99 setlist. He said something along the lines of "I'm sending you another picture that I think you'll appreciate." Said he had gotten it from Dave personally and saw him after the show to get it signed.

Completely nice guy, very relaxed, and probably an actual friend of Dave's as I don't think he was a "wait outside the hotel" type of guy. Not sure if he is still around in the community at all. So, I emailed him back and asked if I could submit it to the almanac and if I remember correctly, he said OK. At least, I'm hoping now that's what he said.

In any event, it was cool to see something like that so personalized and hand written by Dave.

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #133
Yee

Quote:
Originally Posted by greppson View Post

The story is this:

Back in 2003, I hit up some of the NC Dave and Tim shows with Sinclair and a few other friends. After one of those shows I met a guy by the name of... Sal (it's been a while, but I think that's his name) who had apparently been around the DMB community for a while and had met Dave a few times. I asked him to send me a picture of the set scan he had gotten from that night (either Boone or Winston-Salem) and he also sent along a picture of the 3/13/99 setlist. He said something along the lines of "I'm sending you another picture that I think you'll appreciate." Said he had gotten it from Dave personally and saw him after the show to get it signed.

Completely nice guy, very relaxed, and probably an actual friend of Dave's as I don't think he was a "wait outside the hotel" type of guy. Not sure if he is still around in the community at all. So, I emailed him back and asked if I could submit it to the almanac and if I remember correctly, he said OK. At least, I'm hoping now that's what he said.

In any event, it was cool to see something like that so personalized and hand written by Dave.
i think you are talking about sol from AZ. i've met him a few times. i think he is still around and good friends with some mutual friends of ours.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #134
greppson
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yee View Post
i think you are talking about sol from AZ. i've met him a few times. i think he is still around and good friends with some mutual friends of ours.
Yes, that's him. Sol.

I knew Sal didn't sound right.

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 AM   #135
Lights_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greppson View Post

The story is this:

I've known and hung out with Sol many times. Ran into him at the Phoenix show this year. He has a few more from that 99 tour if I remember correctly viewing his stash of memorabilia. Big time collector of setlists and posters.
Lights_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #136
Dave is good.
hey now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Banging coeds, Dave? Though, this is one show after he was drawing pictures and kissing my girlfriend who was 16 at the time, so, it's not a total shocker.
dave was what?
Dave is good. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #137
Josh.0

If I heard all of these within three hours of each other, D+T style, I'd be pretty psyched walking out the show:

Recently
The Best of What's Around
Seek Up
Lie in Our Graves
Pay for What You Get
Dancing Nancies
Rhyme & Reason
Lover Lay Down
Blue Water
Typical Situation
Minarets
Ants Marching
Christmas Song
Warehouse
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.

Last edited by Josh.0; 06-29-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #138
batleon

epic.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #139
Emily
Angry Penguin.

Bah, I want to listen to that now. Apparently I have the discs at home (so says my handy db.etree.org list from eons ago), but I'm at work. And dmbstream.com doesn't have it either. Bah!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #140
batleon

2.21.97 would be perfect for dmblive.com if the damn site wasn't dead.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc