These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2019, 12:57 AM   #121
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
A poo poo song. What are your thought on Come Tomorrow Dave? I love Busted Stuff, always have.
I don’t think BS is bad I actually like it a lot...I was recalling Dave mentioning it was bad, but once again I could be making that up from bad memory.

Come Tomorrow Dave is pretty awful to me unfortunately. There’s a lot of good musical ideas on that album but his lyrics just keep getting worse..predictable and preachy for the most part, and it’s not my thing. The songs I enjoyed most on CT were the ones that were the older ones IOY, Can’t Stop and the ones where it’s a little more abstract lyrically (less literal and forced)..Black and Bluebird and Again and Again.

I’m not high on VITR like a lot of people seem to be. It’s kind of the same meandering progression the whole time, and lyrically it’s kind of generic and cliche to me, but I will admit it had some better imagery than a lot of recent songs, in that you can see the picture painted by the lyrics (kids dancing in the rain etc.)
Old 02-22-2019, 01:00 AM   #122
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I personally love Busted Stuff as well. Great song. I would love to finally get it live one day, but I'm not holding my breath.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:56 AM   #123
DIDO36
mailing it in since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I don’t think BS is bad I actually like it a lot...I was recalling Dave mentioning it was bad, but once again I could be making that up from bad memory.

Come Tomorrow Dave is pretty awful to me unfortunately. There’s a lot of good musical ideas on that album but his lyrics just keep getting worse..predictable and preachy for the most part, and it’s not my thing. The songs I enjoyed most on CT were the ones that were the older ones IOY, Can’t Stop and the ones where it’s a little more abstract lyrically (less literal and forced)..Black and Bluebird and Again and Again.

I’m not high on VITR like a lot of people seem to be. It’s kind of the same meandering progression the whole time, and lyrically it’s kind of generic and cliche to me, but I will admit it had some better imagery than a lot of recent songs, in that you can see the picture painted by the lyrics (kids dancing in the rain etc.)
Dave hates busted stuff. He said something like “Fuck that tune” “I hate that MFer” after they played Busted Stuff on 5/18/02. Carter didn’t seem to like it either. He said it didn’t have any tension anymore.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #124
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Iím not high on VITR like a lot of people seem to be. Itís kind of the same meandering progression the whole time, and lyrically itís kind of generic and cliche to me,
So just like Busted Stuff.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #125
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So just like Busted Stuff.
I see your point but BS is much more of a groove and more upbeat. It’s also nothing special lyrically that’s true, but it’s more fun in a live setting. VITR is quiet, mellow and never goes somewhere. Busted Stuff at least has a sax solo on it. VITR doesn’t really have a point to keep going, I think it’s 2+ minutes too long. If they cut it down I’d probably like it more.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:52 PM   #126
dmb1981

Quote:
I donít think BS is bad I actually like it a lot...I was recalling Dave mentioning it was bad, but once again I could be making that up from bad memory.

Come Tomorrow Dave is pretty awful to me unfortunately. Thereís a lot of good musical ideas on that album but his lyrics just keep getting worse..predictable and preachy for the most part, and itís not my thing. The songs I enjoyed most on CT were the ones that were the older ones IOY, Canít Stop and the ones where itís a little more abstract lyrically (less literal and forced)..Black and Bluebird and Again and Again.

Iím not high on VITR like a lot of people seem to be. Itís kind of the same meandering progression the whole time, and lyrically itís kind of generic and cliche to me, but I will admit it had some better imagery than a lot of recent songs, in that you can see the picture painted by the lyrics (kids dancing in the rain etc.)
You misunderstood me my man. I know you referring to Dave saying that. I didn't mean you..
Old 02-22-2019, 02:54 PM   #127
dmb1981

Quote:
I see your point but BS is much more of a groove and more upbeat. It’s also nothing special lyrically that’s true, but it’s more fun in a live setting. VITR is quiet, mellow and never goes somewhere. Busted Stuff at least has a sax solo on it. VITR doesn’t really have a point to keep going, I think it’s 2+ minutes too long. If they cut it down I’d probably like it more.
The last verse of VITR is pointless and in my mind takes the song over the edge and fully into boredom territory.. Ditch the last verse and throw a third back on GREY STREET.

I mean how clueless is the guy with his own tunes.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:56 PM   #128
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
I mean how clueless is the guy with his own tunes.
Extremely?
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:09 PM   #129
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Extremely?
Yuup.