These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2021, 12:17 PM   #7421
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
My county is only getting 1/4 of their expected allotment of vaccine. A county over they are cancelling appointments because of lack of supply. I hope we figure this out.
It’s so disjointed. My folks live in South Florida and had a fantastic experience bt that isn’t the norm.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:03 PM   #7422
Josh.0

This headline is SO BAD.

One in eight recovered COVID-19 patients ended up dying of complications: U.K. study

[Only registered users can see links.]

It’s not just US media that’s gone off the rails, apparently. It’s not 1/8 recovered COVID patients, it’s 1/8 hospitalized recovered COVID patients. That’s an extremely important detail because according to the Washington Post, at least (because we don’t know the true number of infections due to the large number of asymptomatic infections) 96.5% of COVID patients never end up in the hospital.

How, how, HOW are these headlines making it past editors? What the fuck, already?

So of the 3.5% that ended up in the hospital in the UK, 1/8 die within 140 days. The average age of those 1/8 is 65. Most have at least one preexisting comorbidity.

These details matter. JFC already, MSM!
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:10 PM   #7423
jeff1818

If you clicked the link, then they did their job well. No one cares about facts when it come to ad dollars. And you just shared the link. If more people click, they win again.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:22 PM   #7424
Josh.0

I mean, nothing you said there is wrong.

I’m more sharing so people can see how bad/false narratives are spread. It’s infuriating because it’s proof of news organizations prioritizing profits over the mental health/wellbeing of the public. “We’ll say anything to get you to click, even if it incites paranoia and fear.”
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:42 PM   #7425
gweeps
homesick android

Power generally tends to poison individuals. Authority is an elixir that, like any bitter concoction, if taken enough times so as to become inured to the taste and effects, then you cannot exist without it, and damn anyone who deigns to put an end to your intoxication.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:26 PM   #7426
jeff1818

Breaking More than 400,000 in the US have died from Covid on Trump's last full day

Per CNN...

Not even Trump can have THAT bad a day. Terrible wording.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #7427
Josh.0

Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #7428
mario

Hey, remember those extra doses of vaccine in the vials? [Only registered users can see links.] anymore...
Pfizer on Jan. 6 successfully convinced the Food and Drug Administration to change the messaging on its fact sheets to state that each vial contains six doses. The change means that Pfizer can [Only registered users can see links.] of providing the U.S. with 200 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of July with less product.

"We will fulfill our supply commitments in line with our existing agreements – which are based on delivery of doses, not vials – and we are confident in our ability to deliver 200 million doses of our vaccine to the U.S. government by July 31st," a Pfizer spokesperson told The Hill.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #7429
gweeps
homesick android

Not great news: [Only registered users can see links.]
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #7430
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
Breaking More than 400,000 in the US have died from Covid on Trump's last full day

Per CNN...

Not even Trump can have THAT bad a day. Terrible wording.
I’ll give them a lot of credit for this. It’s such bad wording, it’s actually genus. Everyone knows this isn't even close to true. Let’s just take one last shot at trump, and lets make it damn good one. I laughed
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc