These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2020, 01:32 PM   #21
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Also, let's not act like a dick has NEVER won Survivor.

He was one of the exceptions that I was thinking was he best player on the island. The best player of the finals wins most of the time. But the best player on the island rarely makes the finals like I said earlier. He was the best out there.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:15 PM   #22
NiCK (Crush)

From what I've seen from both Russell and Tony, I feel like I would like Russell more if I was forced to spend time with either of them on an island.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:16 PM   #23
NiCK (Crush)

I'm glad you started this thread Bat, gonna be fun to talk with you all about this again.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:59 PM   #24
batleon

Quote:
I'm glad you started this thread Bat, gonna be fun to talk with you all about this again.
I agree even though we still completely disagree on Russell

It's crazy but this does make me nostalgic for Spence and I am wondering where he's at (maybe still in his mom's basement?)

Of the 39 seasons I've missed 11 of them. I actually picked three seasons I haven't seen before that I am going to dive into before this starts, all of which are regarded as good seasons and who's winners are appearing (Cook Islands, Philippines, and Cagayan).

I am three episodes into Cook Islands and it's really interesting seeing original Parvati and Ozzy since I had only seen their future seasons where they had big reputations. Also that original idol that you could use after the vote is just crazy powerful. Terry Dietz had no idea how to use it but I see that Yul does.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #25
NiCK (Crush)

heads up, the week before the premiere there will be a Survivor 40 Seasons special on CBS.
Old 01-17-2020, 01:44 PM   #26
batleon

Quote:
heads up, the week before the premiere there will be a Survivor 40 Seasons special on CBS.
Sounds good

I'm about halfway through Cook Islands, still need to try to cram a lot more Survivor in before the season starts...
Old 02-11-2020, 01:34 PM   #27
batleon

I only managed to get Cook Islands in, some day I will watch Philippines and Cagayan, but no time left now. Big 2 hour premiere tomorrow night.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:57 PM   #28
NiCK (Crush)

Can't wait.

$2 milllion dollar prize!
Old 02-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #29
batleon

Quote:
Can't wait.

$2 milllion dollar prize!
Old 02-13-2020, 03:51 AM   #30
NiCK (Crush)

Seeing Parvati, Boston Rob, and Ethan huddled together talking strategy was really cool.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #31
batleon

Quote:
Seeing Parvati, Boston Rob, and Ethan huddled together talking strategy was really cool.
Seriously. Amazing. Rob and Parvati working together was probably the most exciting thing about an episode where a lot of exciting things happened.

I feel bad for Amber though... she was in a bad position. It sucked to see her back after such a long time, when both she and Rob left the kids behind to play, and she's already out basically because she's Rob's husband
Old 02-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #32
NiCK (Crush)

the second the cast was announced I knew they wouldn't let the two of them being there fly for very long. And you could argue that Rob should have beaten her in All-Stars anyway, so Amber to me was never really an impressive Survivor player. She couldn't hang with these guys even if Rob wasn't there in my opinion.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #33
batleon

Yeah Rob should have won All Stars, he only lost by what, one vote? Two? I was curious to see what Amber had though. Plus as a huge old school fan I wanted to see as many of the older players make it as long as possible.

With All Stars it was almost this long game for Rob where he won by not winning... this season may be similar? If Rob comes alone he's an obvious huge threat in everyone's eyes. Instead he comes with Amber and they vote her out and suddenly everyone thinks he's less dangerous than he really is because she's gone now... when he's really not. Long game thinking?

How awesome was that scene with Rob and Ben where Rob starts interrogating him and Ben folds like a house of cards Rob really is amazing.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #34
NiCK (Crush)

I appreciated that Ben just admitted he got star struck

He was a hyper mess in that episode. I don't remember him being that way at all his season. He's definitely just seemed too wrapped up in how big the whole thing was initially. He's gonna have to calm down if he wants a shot at this.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:34 PM   #35
batleon

Quote:
I appreciated that Ben just admitted he got star struck

He was a hyper mess in that episode. I don't remember him being that way at all his season. He's definitely just seemed too wrapped up in how big the whole thing was initially. He's gonna have to calm down if he wants a shot at this.
Yeah he seemed COMPLETELY out of place. Totally not with it, though he seemed to settle down by the end, pulling in Michelle talking about keeping an eye out for the bigger threats.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:43 PM   #36
NiCK (Crush)

I am very into the fire tokens, and this season was the perfect time to introduce something like that.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:40 PM   #37
NiCK (Crush)

Man, I feel bad for Ethan. Causality of the general circumstances. I'm glad it wasn't Parv, but I really wanted Rob to successfully get out Adam. It was like a half victory for Rob.

I'm team Old School all the way.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:41 AM   #38
batleon

Quote:
I am very into the fire tokens, and this season was the perfect time to introduce something like that.
Same, this seems like a really cool mechanic. I wonder if it's hard for some people to follow? Honestly I don't think Survivor has to care much about casual fans anymore and the hardcore fans can probably follow it no problem though...

Quote:
Man, I feel bad for Ethan. Causality of the general circumstances. I'm glad it wasn't Parv, but I really wanted Rob to successfully get out Adam. It was like a half victory for Rob.

I'm team Old School all the way.
Yeah me too but I'm pretty sure they're doomed, especially now. That Ethan vote really hurt but a good move by Michelle and Jeremy (I'm a Jeremy fan). I agree though, would have been much happier to see Adam go.

I do think they're setting Ben up as one of the people who takes out Boston Rob, almost all of his content has been about Rob. I wonder if there's a swap and Ben and Sandra end up together and they make a move against him...
Old 03-05-2020, 01:06 AM   #39
NiCK (Crush)

Another excellent episode.

This season hasn't missed yet. If this keeps up, it just may dethrone Heroes Vs Villains for my favorite season of all time.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #40
batleon

Quote:
Another excellent episode.

This season hasn't missed yet. If this keeps up, it just may dethrone Heroes Vs Villains for my favorite season of all time.
Yeah this season has a clear shot at it which is pretty crazy, I was really just starting to accept that HvV would never be beat.

Crazy that, aside from the first vote off of the season, basically every vote has been a move to weaken Boston Rob

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc