These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2020, 02:54 PM   #2361
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
not near the same extreme but it reminds me of that pitcher that threw a perfect game and got it stolen by the umpire on the last batter. The umpire acknowledged his mistake and apologized. The pitcher accepted. If I had been that pitcher I'd have murdered him on the spot
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:02 PM   #2362
K270
Kan Pai
 
K270's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Yeah. Did they also mention why the Smackdown Tag Titles were on the line in a triple threat singles ladder match? Or just: hereís this match!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
The Miz showed up sick and thatís why it was changed. Never said that on tv
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere, but still, they don't acknowledge anything....it just felt like nothing mattered at all.

For those who are really into wrestling. Were Miz and his tag team partner supposed to drop the titles at Mania and when Miz came in sick, that plan was delayed until Miz wasn't sick?
__________________
~Kevin
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:33 PM   #2363
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
No idea what the plan was.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:49 PM   #2364
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
Well WWE announced budget cuts and so far the following people have been let go
Drake Maverick (James Curtin)
Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers)
Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra)
Luke Gallows (Andrew Hankinson)
EC3 (Michael Hutter)
Lio Rush (Lionel Green)
Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz)
Heath Slater (Heath Miller)
Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt)
Kurt Angle
Sarah Logan (Sarah Rowe)
Referee Mike Chioda
PWInsider reported that producers Billy Kidman, Mike Rotunda, Dave Finlay, Pat Buck, Shawn Daivari, Scott Armstrong, Sarah Stock, Shane Helms, and Lance Storm have either been furloughed or are gone from WWE

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:40 AM   #2365
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
RIP Howard Finkel

You're winner, and NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #2366
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
I was told to come back here. So, uh....what's going on?
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #2367
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
Velveteen Dream sent a pic of his dong to some underage boys on instagram, then claimed he was hacked
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:43 PM   #2368
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,284
Well, last night's PPV was different, to say the least.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #2369
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 9,214
I've tried watching a little bit during quarantine but in this case it is the opposite of "something is better than nothing". Wrestling is a circus show. The whole concept and flow of matches is based on working a crowd. It just does not work for me at all without an audience. The prefilmed stuff at Mania was a unique and interesting way to combat that, and it seems the MiTB match was decently well received but overall it just feels stupid to me without spectators to feed off of.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #2370
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
I've tried watching a little bit during quarantine but in this case it is the opposite of "something is better than nothing". Wrestling is a circus show. The whole concept and flow of matches is based on working a crowd. It just does not work for me at all without an audience. The prefilmed stuff at Mania was a unique and interesting way to combat that, and it seems the MiTB match was decently well received but overall it just feels stupid to me without spectators to feed off of.
I totally respect that opinion. Wrestling is hard to watch during this pandemic. Even AEW took a hit too. You need a crowd for the shows. The Firefly Funhouse and MITB matches were interesting and good. On AEW's side, they have been creative as well. But yea, it is just different though.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:32 PM   #2371
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
It's not been good with no fans. It's especially annoying when they still try to play to the non existent crowd. Except there was one episode of Smackdown that had Miz and Morrison on commentary. Kofi started doing the New Day clap and Morrison went "Kofi, I can promise you that is motivating nobody"

also RIP to Rey Myesterio and Allestatir Black since they got chucked off of a 10 story building last night, with a very audible splat.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #2372
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
It's not been good with no fans. It's especially annoying when they still try to play to the non existent crowd. Except there was one episode of Smackdown that had Miz and Morrison on commentary. Kofi started doing the New Day clap and Morrison went "Kofi, I can promise you that is motivating nobody"

also RIP to Rey Myesterio and Allestatir Black since they got chucked off of a 10 story building last night, with a very audible splat.

AJ came back from being buried alive with no explanation at all, so Iím sure both Rey and Aleister will follow suit, with no explanation as well. Because wrestling
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:22 PM   #2373
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
well Rey was just on TV and he is just fine
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:14 PM   #2374
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
well Rey was just on TV and he is just fine
wrestling
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:41 AM   #2375
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
Shad Gaspard, from Cryme Tyme, drowned and his body was found today. He and his son were caught in a rip current. Before he went under he told the lifeguards to save his son first and had his son kick off of him so the lifeguard could get him easier
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:25 PM   #2376
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
After watching the Owen Hart episode, I think someone should have probably gone to jail for what happened.

They put a 230 pound man 80 feet in the air, being held by a clip that only required 6 pounds of pressure to release. WWE actually fired the original crew that did the harness because they wouldn't do the quick release clip. The clip they used was meant to quick release sails on a boat. Martha Hart still has the clip and showed it on the show. Not a chance in hell I'd dangle 3 feet above the ground on that thing.

Also, something I didn't think of when I was 16. How in the hell did the police just let the show keep going? That is a potential crime scene.

Martha Hart said it best. They just scooped him up like a piece of garbage and kept going. His blood was still on the mat. And the fall broke boards under the mat so there was a dip in that corner that the wrestlers had to work around
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434

Last edited by Wildcats82; 05-20-2020 at 04:42 PM.
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:49 AM   #2377
somf4eva
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,915
damn. Never knew that last part.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
The band is just jerking off on our faces right now...and I am proud to be a dirty whore.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:36 PM   #2378
K270
Kan Pai
 
K270's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
After watching the Owen Hart episode, I think someone should have probably gone to jail for what happened.

They put a 230 pound man 80 feet in the air, being held by a clip that only required 6 pounds of pressure to release. WWE actually fired the original crew that did the harness because they wouldn't do the quick release clip. The clip they used was meant to quick release sails on a boat. Martha Hart still has the clip and showed it on the show. Not a chance in hell I'd dangle 3 feet above the ground on that thing.

Also, something I didn't think of when I was 16. How in the hell did the police just let the show keep going? That is a potential crime scene.

Martha Hart said it best. They just scooped him up like a piece of garbage and kept going. His blood was still on the mat. And the fall broke boards under the mat so there was a dip in that corner that the wrestlers had to work around

I remember watching that PPV. If I remember correctly they were showing a promo video for the match The video started with a quick couple shots of the Blue Blazer being lowered into the ring. After the video is when it became real interesting. Cameras never showed the ring. It would shots of the crowd and back to J.R. The King went to ring side I believe. When he came back he told the crowd it wasn't good. They also told the viewing audience that what was going on wasn't fake. Once the PPV resumed you could see the blood stain on the mat. Once Owens death was announced all of were wondering why the PPV continued.
__________________
~Kevin
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:43 PM   #2379
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Shad Gaspard, from Cryme Tyme, drowned and his body was found today. He and his son were caught in a rip current. Before he went under he told the lifeguards to save his son first and had his son kick off of him so the lifeguard could get him easier
Yea, both Shad Gaspard and Hana Kimura passing away in the same week was very tough. It was nice to see AEW honor both of them during their Double or Nothing PPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
After watching the Owen Hart episode, I think someone should have probably gone to jail for what happened.

They put a 230 pound man 80 feet in the air, being held by a clip that only required 6 pounds of pressure to release. WWE actually fired the original crew that did the harness because they wouldn't do the quick release clip. The clip they used was meant to quick release sails on a boat. Martha Hart still has the clip and showed it on the show. Not a chance in hell I'd dangle 3 feet above the ground on that thing.

Also, something I didn't think of when I was 16. How in the hell did the police just let the show keep going? That is a potential crime scene.

Martha Hart said it best. They just scooped him up like a piece of garbage and kept going. His blood was still on the mat. And the fall broke boards under the mat so there was a dip in that corner that the wrestlers had to work around
I fully agree that criminal charges should have been brought to WWE. How many more examples do we need depicting Vince McMahon engaging in shady, dangerous, and threatening behavior. The list is too long. He is a criminal with power and money. I never liked the man and he never had my respect.

I completely understand Martha's position on the matter. She has every right to keep Owen out of a phony Hall of Fame and not allowing WWE to make money off of the blood on their hands.

Owen's death hit me hard when I was 16 and I never looked at the company the same way since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
I remember watching that PPV. If I remember correctly they were showing a promo video for the match The video started with a quick couple shots of the Blue Blazer being lowered into the ring. After the video is when it became real interesting. Cameras never showed the ring. It would shots of the crowd and back to J.R. The King went to ring side I believe. When he came back he told the crowd it wasn't good. They also told the viewing audience that what was going on wasn't fake. Once the PPV resumed you could see the blood stain on the mat. Once Owens death was announced all of were wondering why the PPV continued.
I still have the PPV on VHS somewhere. I don't have the WWE Network, so I can't check, but I believe it's not on there.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:16 PM   #2380
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,555
Over the Edge is on the network. It has a graphic at the beginning that states that Owen Hart died during the broadcast. Every other mention of him is deleted.

Just really think. If an NBA player died during a playoff game; would the game just go on? Would you be ok with continuing this game?
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05461 seconds with 17 queries