These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #26761
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

I was just thinking about this the other day...CT is my 2nd least favorite album (ahead of SU) and yet it has some of my favorite songs the band has recorded (Virginia, Again and Again & Black and Blue Bird). Not saying that they're like, top 10 songs for me or anything like that, but I do really, really like them a lot. And the rest of the album is totally just kind of...there.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #26762
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

Rum Ham brother
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:27 PM   #26763
sdaltons

[Only registered users can see links.]

Dave Matthews Bald amirite!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittay
but what if the DMB's GGT was a really GGT, then D&F's GGT wouldn't be such a GGT as DMB's GGT, WWYS?
sdaltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:14 PM   #26764
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb6743 View Post
I was just thinking about this the other day...CT is my 2nd least favorite album (ahead of SU) and yet it has some of my favorite songs the band has recorded (Virginia, Again and Again & Black and Blue Bird). Not saying that they're like, top 10 songs for me or anything like that, but I do really, really like them a lot. And the rest of the album is totally just kind of...there.
I know what you mean. There are two albums in there. Batson's and Cavallo's. I seriously love Cavallo's album in there. A&G, VITR, B&BB, SamCop and Here On Out feel like they're part of the same super-solid album. I really like DYR but don't love the production.

I like some of the Batson stuff too, like IOY and CoCo, but it does have a different vibe.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:22 PM   #26765
gweeps
homesick android

The subtle use of the Lovely Ladies on A&A and VITR is almost the best thing about both songs, production-wise I mean.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:42 PM   #26766
jeff1818

Honest question: do you feel like the song True Reflections is a DMB song? It’s been performed since 1992 with the band. I say it is.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #26767
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
Honest question: do you feel like the song True Reflections is a DMB song? It’s been performed since 1992 with the band. I say it is.
If Sweet and Here On Out are DMB songs, then yes it absolutely is. Just stands out because its the only song Dave doesn't sing lead on. I still think of it like a Boyd solo tune DMB plays though. But I also feel the same way about most of the new DMB material...that's it just a Dave solo song the band plays on.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:49 PM   #26768
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I seriously love Cavallo's album in there. A&G, VITR, B&BB, SamCop and Here On Out feel like they're part of the same super-solid album.
They sound cohesive, but they're still pretty blah songs. I never understood the love for VITR and all those other ones have things that really bother me. Still would prefer not hearing them. A&A is the best of the bunch and it still just doesn't really move me for whatever reason.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #26769
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
It's a cover song that is their own, like watchtower. But it's a song Boyd wrote and played a lot before DMB, so I can't consider it their song.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc