These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2020, 12:57 AM   #1241
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Lagunitas IPA are always super fresh at the grocery store because of the turnover (got a 12 pk of Lagunitas IPA Wednesday that was canned less than a week ago) and usually have coupons. With that the Lagunitas IPA 12 pk came out to $14. Hard to beat.
Around October, look for Born Yesterday. Usually comes in a bottle. It used to come out around the end of October. Lately its around mid to early October. Super fresh Pale Ale. Brewed on a Monday. Bottled and shipped the next day. In your stomach (hopefully) less than 7 days after brewing. Super good!
Old 05-05-2020, 08:15 AM   #1242
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Around October, look for Born Yesterday. Usually comes in a bottle. It used to come out around the end of October. Lately its around mid to early October. Super fresh Pale Ale. Brewed on a Monday. Bottled and shipped the next day. In your stomach (hopefully) less than 7 days after brewing. Super good!
Yes! This is one of my favorite beers of the year. It is so good.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:24 AM   #1243
Define Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I have turned into a grocery store ‘dad beer‘ guy. Sierra Nevada Pale, Founders Centennial, and Lagunitas IPA are always super fresh at the grocery store because of the turnover (got a 12 pk of Lagunitas IPA Wednesday that was canned less than a week ago) and usually have coupons. With that the Lagunitas IPA 12 pk came out to $14. Hard to beat.

Caveat is one of my best friends brews at a great local brewery that people travel for so I can get their stuff that interests me with a text. Also when I go to the liquor store to get bourbon or wine for my wife I’ll grab a 4pk of Lawsons Sip of Sunshine. Got one last night with my Clyde Mays that was canned on 4/24.
After hiking a bunch of the PCT out west, I definitely started jumping on that Lagunitas/Sierra Nevada train. Speaking of west coast beer, when we were hiking through California I found myself enjoying a lot of AleSmith. I remember setting up camp one night and there was an ice cold San Diego Pale Ale .394 (Tony Gwynn) waiting in the cold stream next to the tent site. Cheers to whoever left that there! It was glorious.

Still really enjoy the local Maine brews though. If you don't mind me asking, what brewery is your friend involved with? I play soccer with the co-owner of Lone Pine, and have played against a bunch of Liquid Riot guys.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc