Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #41
batleon

Fucking epic move by Denise last night.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #42
celluloid hero

I didn't even consider it until after they read the third vote I thought, "what if Denise votes Sandra..." Crazy power move.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #43
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I didn't even consider it until after they read the third vote I thought, "what if Denise votes Sandra..." Crazy power move.
I was hoping for it the whole time but didn't think she'd do it, it was totally the right move for her to make but thought she might go for Tony instead. Can't believe Sandra gave up an idol, she pulled a JT
Old 03-20-2020, 12:50 AM   #44
NiCK (Crush)

Huge power move that had to be made. Bravo Denise.

I will say I'm bummed the Old School is pretty much entirely toast.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:57 AM   #45
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Huge power move that had to be made. Bravo Denise.

I will say I'm bummed the Old School is pretty much entirely toast.
Yeah as fun as this season has been it's been brutal watching all the old school people go out back to back to back to back to back
Old 03-25-2020, 11:05 PM   #46
NiCK (Crush)

Ugh, Sandra fucking sucks.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:44 AM   #47
batleon

This swap was an absolute disaster. You lost Rob, Parvati, Sandra, and Yul. I don't understand this. The show KNOWS when things get down to 4 or 5 players then strong players get sent home. We KNOW they know this because they completely reworked the entire endgame by introducing the forced firemaking challenge in an effort to prevent that. Why in God's name would you undo that by creating a bunch of 5 person tribes in the middle of the game, thus ensuring that a bunch of your heavy hitters get sent home pre-merge? So dumb.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #48
batleon

That was a fantastic boot episode for Adam last week, probably an all timer. Just brilliantly edited by the show, hilarious. With the stronger players getting together to get rid of some of the "jackals" as Tony's calling them it looks like the season is turning back around again
Old 04-15-2020, 01:31 AM   #49
NiCK (Crush)

Probst handled that "idol" at his podium situation beautiful. So good. And I actually loved Adam going for it there - and I bet we see an idol at tribal council in a future season now.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #50
batleon

Quote:
Probst handled that "idol" at his podium situation beautiful. So good. And I actually loved Adam going for it there - and I bet we see an idol at tribal council in a future season now.
Agree on all fronts. I appreciate Adam for trying, and Probst handled the whole thing PERFECTLY

Future tribal council idol for sure.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:05 PM   #51
NiCK (Crush)

Well, tonight's episode was absolutely incredible.

And stay until the VERY VERY end for a really great moment.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:03 AM   #52
NiCK (Crush)

The right person won.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:16 PM   #53
celluloid hero

Quote:
The right person won.
If Natalie won, the right person won, too. Previous times I would not have been for a voted off player winning, but there was no surprise this time. Edge of Extinction was known in the beginning, was a part of the game strategy for all players, and the players there impacted the game. I think she did everything she needed to to win.

I'm totally OK with Tony winning, and he was deserving. She was too, though.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:17 PM   #54
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
If Natalie won, the right person won, too. Previous times I would not have been for a voted off player winning, but there was no surprise this time. Edge of Extinction was known in the beginning, was a part of the game strategy for all players, and the players there impacted the game. I think she did everything she needed to to win.

I'm totally OK with Tony winning, and he was deserving. She was too, though.
Chris Underwood set the precedent though with his season. Natalie had to volunteer herself to battle Tony in the fire challenge if she wanted her best chance at winning.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:29 PM   #55
NiCK (Crush)

And something about the first person that was voted off winning such an epic season as WINNERS AT WAR just wouldn't feel right.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #56
patsfan39

Agreed that the first person voted out should never win survivor. I also feel like the longer you were on extinction edge you had a greater advantage. She has all those fire tokens because she had time to save up. Something feels off with that. Nick basically had no chance both mentally and strategically and he lasted the longest. In the ponderosa videos on YouTube he basically said he was still stunned about the vote he was leaving the island More than 2-3 days later.

Glad tony won. He’s wildly entertaining with the spy nest, shack and bunker. Also not getting a single vote cast against him despite running the game most of the 2nd half is very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:48 PM   #57
celluloid hero

Quote:
Chris Underwood set the precedent though with his season. Natalie had to volunteer herself to battle Tony in the fire challenge if she wanted her best chance at winning.
I disagree. She won her last challenge. She had nothing more to prove. She shouldn't be punished for winning it. Just because someone else did it doesn't mean that everyone else for the rest of the game should have to.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:52 PM   #58
celluloid hero

Quote:
And something about the first person that was voted off winning such an epic season as WINNERS AT WAR just wouldn't feel right.
First out isn't a person that got outplayed, outlasted, etc. It's just a "get someone out."

I agree most years, but Probst said in an interview they couldn't get all the winners back if there wasn't a way to stay longer in the game, and not go out there just to get voted off after 2 days.

So it was part of the game, from the very beginning, the players wanted it, and therefore it's entirely fair for someone voted out even first, to make it to the end and win.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:45 PM   #59
NiCK (Crush)

Quote:
I disagree. She won her last challenge. She had nothing more to prove. She shouldn't be punished for winning it. Just because someone else did it doesn't mean that everyone else for the rest of the game should have to.
You may be right, but every time this happens SOMEONE in the jury is going to bring up the Chris Underwood scenario. I mean that is exactly what Boston Rob was talking about as he was voting for Tony. She played almost perfectly out of the edge except that...

Quote:
First out isn't a person that got outplayed, outlasted, etc. It's just a "get someone out."

I agree most years, but Probst said in an interview they couldn't get all the winners back if there wasn't a way to stay longer in the game, and not go out there just to get voted off after 2 days.

So it was part of the game, from the very beginning, the players wanted it, and therefore it's entirely fair for someone voted out even first, to make it to the end and win.
I totally get it, but I think that's just the flaw of the Edge of Extinction in general and the reason we won't see it that often in future seasons unless there are some tweaks.

I'd almost like to see the Edge of Extinction be an entirely separate game somehow. Like you can win the Edge and someone else can win Survivor... but you'd almost need longer episodes, or more episodes per week...
Old 05-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #60
batleon

Jeff has said Edge is going away for a while, there was a big Twitter campaign against it earlier this year.

Yeah the second Natalie didn't put herself into the firemaking challenge I said "they are going to hold this against her."

And once again I am kicking myself for missing Cagayan because I would have enjoyed this season a lot more if I'd seen it

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc