These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #121
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
He says dmb didn't put enough thought into the tracks on this release while complaining that a previously released track wasn't included over what is arguably a top 5 desired track by the fanbase. That is some quality greykitskat right there.
dude is consistently (or inconsistently depending on how you want to look at it) the best, period.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #122
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,292
and yeah, to echo others, I'm not complaining that they only released this on vinyl, I'm just surprised.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #123
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 16,113
I don't use vinyl but I'm so glad they released something for the folks who have been hoping a comp like this. Plus the tracks will be ripped eventually and perhaps even in CD/FLAC format, which I would purchase.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #124
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
I mean, this completely alienates a fan such as myself, who doesn't collect vinyl and has absolutely no intention of purchasing a turntable at any point. I have absolutely nothing against a vinyl release or people that like having that purchase option, but I really hope that other options *cough*digital*cough* are made available at some point. If not, I'll likely resort to hoping that someone rips it and posts a torrent somewhere.
Stand Up and Everyday alienated fans
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #125
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Stand Up and Everyday alienated fans
Exactly.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #126
MidwestDrummer
Show some respect, bro!
 
MidwestDrummer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Stand Up and Everyday alienated fans
This is fair.
__________________
GO BIG RED!!!
MidwestDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #127
cryfreedom09
 
cryfreedom09's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
and yeah, to echo others, I'm not complaining that they only released this on vinyl, I'm just surprised.
I am. This sux ass.
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #128
crazycreep
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Macedonia, OH
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfreedom09 View Post
I am. This sux ass.
Concur 100%...dont have a turntable & im so on the fence about buying this because I want to hear it. Considering buying one just for this release which is sort of ridiculous. I don't know anything about where to d/l torrents....i will be a little pissed if I pull the trigger on this and they sell another format....i will also be pissed if I do not buy a turntable and they don't release another format
__________________
"Could you call me taxi, call me a whore, I don't care anymore" -DM
crazycreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #129
Klooner
 
Klooner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Also, I think this is so awesome they did this and that they were able to just drop it out of nowhere. Very cool. Also, I hope it sells out soon before I spend $200 on something I'll never even open, although I do have a vinyl setup. The collector in me just couldn't cut that plastic.
That shit's made to be played.
Klooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #130
cryfreedom09
 
cryfreedom09's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycreep View Post
Concur 100%...dont have a turntable & im so on the fence about buying this because I want to hear it. Considering buying one just for this release which is sort of ridiculous. I don't know anything about where to d/l torrents....i will be a little pissed if I pull the trigger on this and they sell another format....i will also be pissed if I do not buy a turntable and they don't release another format
I hear ya on all counts. There's no way I'm buying it. Obviously I wanna hear it bad. I figure out a way eventually.
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #131
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
You're in luck, it's on Live Trax 2008.
Well god damn somehow I completely forgot about this release. My bad. For some reason I thought it was a different bartender Put on there. Oh well. I still don't see the huge excitement around this release, aside from that '02 bartender it's really pretty standard. What picks from this are really must have? I think people are just into the whole vinyl thing which is really just a trendy thing these days. If this was a standard release I'm not sure we'd be that pumped. But I guess they set the bar so low with WH discs that it's hard to complain.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:12 PM   #132
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfreedom09 View Post
I hear ya on all counts. There's no way I'm buying it. Obviously I wanna hear it bad. I figure out a way eventually.
It's 2017 you'll have no problem finding it and hearing it once it's been out a few weeks. To me this just seems kind of gimmicky. I'd rather have more unique stuff for something that this price. I'm not paying $175 for basically 5 standard WH docs and some pictures that I already saw when I went to Charlottesville last year,
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #133
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,616
Those who don't collect vinyl, you just saved yourself $175.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #134
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Well god damn somehow I completely forgot about this release. My bad. For some reason I thought it was a different bartender Put on there. Oh well. I still don't see the huge excitement around this release, aside from that '02 bartender it's really pretty standard. What picks from this are really must have? I think people are just into the whole vinyl thing which is really just a trendy thing these days. If this was a standard release I'm not sure we'd be that pumped. But I guess they set the bar so low with WH discs that it's hard to complain.
You gotta hit that Dreaming Tree too. Really it's an awesome set of songs.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #135
cryfreedom09
 
cryfreedom09's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
You gotta hit that Dreaming Tree too. Really it's an awesome set of songs.
LT 2008 and Central Park Companion are the 2 best bonus discs imo.
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #136
cryfreedom09
 
cryfreedom09's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, Georgia
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
It's 2017 you'll have no problem finding it and hearing it once it's been out a few weeks. To me this just seems kind of gimmicky. I'd rather have more unique stuff for something that this price. I'm not paying $175 for basically 5 standard WH docs and some pictures that I already saw when I went to Charlottesville last year,
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #137
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfreedom09 View Post
LT 2008 and Central Park Companion are the 2 best bonus discs imo.
Hands down.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #138
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Those who don't collect vinyl, you just saved yourself $175.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:52 PM   #139
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfreedom09 View Post
LT 2008 and Central Park Companion are the 2 best bonus discs imo.
Central Park bonus disc is mixed incredibly as is the Central Park Concert itself. They really nailed that release.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #140
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Well god damn somehow I completely forgot about this release. My bad. For some reason I thought it was a different bartender Put on there. Oh well. I still don't see the huge excitement around this release, aside from that '02 bartender it's really pretty standard. What picks from this are really must have? I think people are just into the whole vinyl thing which is really just a trendy thing these days. If this was a standard release I'm not sure we'd be that pumped. But I guess they set the bar so low with WH discs that it's hard to complain.
Seems like more people want it on a format other than vinyl than want it on vinyl.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08903 seconds with 16 queries