These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #1041
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb4uandme View Post
Not sure if I’ve told this story here before or not.

During this show, I was sitting in a box with Rob Cavallo. Management had invited him to the show with the intent of introducing him to the band to determine if he’d like to produce the next album.

Coran and Bruce Flohr pretty much dropped him off in the box, handed him a set list, and left him. He had no idea what was going on. Was not familiar with DMB at all. We chatted for a bit, he asked a few questions about what song was being played, and then disappeared about halfway through the show.
That's cool. Who am I but Rob always struck me as a douche.

Someone here (?) shared a story about catching a show with Lillywhite before they started the AFTW production. So, 2012 summer? And he loved it, was into it. His highlight of the night was YMDT. He then put on the studio version and tweeted something like "is that the same song?"
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #1042
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Old 10-03-2017, 01:41 PM   #1043
batleon

Interesting to see me singing the praises of this show. Last time I listened to it I remember being pretty disappointed that it didn't live up to what I remembered it being. Even then, I probably haven't listened to this show in 4-5 years...
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #1044
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Interesting to see me singing the praises of this show. Last time I listened to it I remember being pretty disappointed that it didn't live up to what I remembered it being. Even then, I probably haven't listened to this show in 4-5 years...
It's extremely fluffed up because of the guest spots (John Mayer on 41) and Ziggy Marley and Donovan on Exodus and also #34 TD. So definitely overrated like a lot of guest heavy shows are. The encore is pretty meh as well. It's still a really good show though, especially for '07. Sept-Nov '07 was clearly the best stretch of that year, so I wouldn't complain about a release of that show in the future, but I'd rather just have the guest tracks on a WH disc or something.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #1045
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
I used to think the same and recently re-listened. It’s an excellent show. Warehouse, #41, #34, Two Step are all fantastic
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #1046
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
Such a great 41. Mayer's tone is perfect during this performance.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #1047
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...

How could I forget the anniversary of this great one! One of the few full shows I still keep in my car or on my phone at all times!
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #1048
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

The intro and outro on Two Step are very very good. Love this show. ABI Grey Street is quite an oddity.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #1049
blumathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
That's cool. Who am I but Rob always struck me as a douche.

Someone here (?) shared a story about catching a show with Lillywhite before they started the AFTW production. So, 2012 summer? And he loved it, was into it. His highlight of the night was YMDT. He then put on the studio version and tweeted something like "is that the same song?"
It was before AFTW came out but after it was recorded. He actually had an early mix with him and let some fans listen to it in his car before the show. I wish I could hear that mix, I prefer his early mix of Gaucho.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:19 PM   #1050
gweeps

Yeah, I prefer the "single" version of Gaucho the band released on the first day of the Summer tour in 2012. Sadly, it was encoded like shit and has a slight hiccup in the middle. But you can hear the children much more and the outro doesn't end so abruptly.

[Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:59 PM   #1051
mjf

I still remember ditching a chem lab early and catching a train to NYC to see D&T November 2011 in Harlem. Show wasn't anything special, but venue was absolutely amazing. But the feeling of excitement of the show doubled when someone (i think typsitch?) said he saw Lillywhite and Coran IIRC at the show.

Was that before we knew Lillywhite was considered for the b-side album they scrapped for AFTW? That's how I remember it anyway... one of those rumors you just automatically assume is bullshit to not get your hopes up

Good memories.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:42 PM   #1052
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
It was before AFTW came out but after it was recorded. He actually had an early mix with him and let some fans listen to it in his car before the show. I wish I could hear that mix, I prefer his early mix of Gaucho.
Thanks for the clarity
Old 10-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #1053
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
I still remember ditching a chem lab early and catching a train to NYC to see D&T November 2011 in Harlem. Show wasn't anything special, but venue was absolutely amazing. But the feeling of excitement of the show doubled when someone (i think typsitch?) said he saw Lillywhite and Coran IIRC at the show.

Was that before we knew Lillywhite was considered for the b-side album they scrapped for AFTW? That's how I remember it anyway... one of those rumors you just automatically assume is bullshit to not get your hopes up

Good memories.
United Palace is awesome. Saw Neil Young there too
Old 10-04-2017, 06:39 PM   #1054
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
United Palace is awesome. Saw Neil Young there too
Ah man, that must have been something else. I saw him at Tower Theater the same tour (I think)... if I knew then what I know now about United Palace I definitely would rather have been there
Old 10-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #1055
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Ah man, that must have been something else. I saw him at Tower Theater the same tour (I think)... if I knew then what I know now about United Palace I definitely would rather have been there
In 2007? He did an acoustic set first and it was nothing short of amazing. From Hank To HendriX, Ambulence Blues...never heard those songs before. Now they’re favorites.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #1056
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
In 2007? He did an acoustic set first and it was nothing short of amazing. From Hank To HendriX, Ambulence Blues...never heard those songs before. Now they’re favorites.
Yup 2007, yeah he even had a guy making a painting on the stage for each song

I love Neil, that'll always be one of my favorite shows of all time. First time I saw him outside of Farm Aid
Old 10-04-2017, 11:14 PM   #1057
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Oh yeah! I remember the paintings. I saw him the next year at MSG and it didn’t even come close. I wasn’t really even that much of a fan at the time
Old 10-05-2017, 12:19 AM   #1058
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:

Good memories.
That was me. I spoke with both Coran and Steve Lillywhite that night. Steve spoke with Dave that night as well in the dressing room, about the possibility of recording the B-sides album.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc