These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2019, 11:49 PM   #23641
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garntd View Post
I hope this is true, and I hope she guests

[Only registered users can see links.]
If she didn't guest, at least on DDTW, it would be such a waste.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #23642
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,677
spoon or bust
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #23643
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,765
[Only registered users can see links.]

Dave is playing at a Willie Nelson thing this weekend.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #23644
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]

Dave is playing at a Willie Nelson thing this weekend.
That lineup is insane. If I could afford to go, I would.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #23645
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]

Dave is playing at a Willie Nelson thing this weekend.
That's one crazy line-up. Wow.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #23646
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,484
Phish released tour dates today. Hoping DMB does soon as well. Im expecting them to play a couple festivals from the rumors here, but would like to know specifics soon.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:24 PM   #23647
mikelhu
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Phish released tour dates today. Hoping DMB does soon as well. Im expecting them to play a couple festivals from the rumors here, but would like to know specifics soon.
Yea they’re coming soon... to those that were hoping they start to scale things back will be disappointed. Going to be on the road a few weeks longer than usual.
mikelhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #23648
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 9,307
ALPINE
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #23649
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
ALPINE
There's a good chance in my mind. Phish is playing Alpine and Fenway. For some reason, I'm expecting DMB will play both. A few weeks ago I also heard JazzFest and Lockn.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:03 PM   #23650
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelhu View Post
Yea they’re coming soon... to those that were hoping they start to scale things back will be disappointed. Going to be on the road a few weeks longer than usual.
That makes me think they'll be back to Maine, then. With Phish playing 2 in Bangor that makes sense, however I wish they'd play Portland, even if it was indoors like Phish did in July.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:28 PM   #23651
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelhu View Post
Yea they’re coming soon... to those that were hoping they start to scale things back will be disappointed. Going to be on the road a few weeks longer than usual.


Nice. At least it’ll give us plenty to talk about.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #23652
SomeDevil17
 
SomeDevil17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,357
Thanks mike!
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #23653
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22,159
Listened to AFTW today for the first time in a year or so. Enjoyed hearing Boyd sounding good. Enjoyed Tim’s different effects and sounds. The first three songs were great. I enjoyed Gaucho more than I remmeber but still hate the chorus lyrics and not big on the kid choir. I was a bit underwhelmed after that. If Only I remmeber liking more in studio, and I just kept thinking “how have they not played this with Buddy yet!?”

Rooftop was alright.

Then came Snow Outside. And it was just as incredible as I remember. Wow, what a track. Not just the music but I found myself loving the lyrics more than ever too. This track is considerably better than anything else on the album.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #23654
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,455
Snow Outside is a Top 10 DMB tune for me.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:42 AM   #23655
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Listened to AFTW today for the first time in a year or so. Enjoyed hearing Boyd sounding good. Enjoyed Tim’s different effects and sounds. The first three songs were great. I enjoyed Gaucho more than I remmeber but still hate the chorus lyrics and not big on the kid choir. I was a bit underwhelmed after that. If Only I remmeber liking more in studio, and I just kept thinking “how have they not played this with Buddy yet!?”

Rooftop was alright.

Then came Snow Outside. And it was just as incredible as I remember. Wow, what a track. Not just the music but I found myself loving the lyrics more than ever too. This track is considerably better than anything else on the album.
Because it's trash that doesn't appeal to any segment of the fanbase.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
this isn't #dMbFaMiLy level shit. there's a whole spectrum of middle ground in between family and SeekUpAB
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #23656
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
Because it's trash that doesn't appeal to any segment of the fanbase.
Well, you’re wrong about this. Girls love that song. Expecially the you and me set.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #23657
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
There's a good chance in my mind. Phish is playing Alpine and Fenway. For some reason, I'm expecting DMB will play both. A few weeks ago I also heard JazzFest and Lockn.
Jazzfest is happening, that I can confirm.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #23658
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,455
Bring on the dates. I'm excited to see this lineup in a full non-album tour.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:02 PM   #23659
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Well, you’re wrong about this. Girls love that song. Expecially the you and me set.
And me.

Lyrically it’s cheesy. But so are a lot of early tunes. Musically I LOVE the groove. It’s right there with Up and Away as Dave’s most criminally underrated/overly-panned tracks.

Structurally it feels like a second-cousin of Sugar Will.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #23660
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...
 
mrpeters's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 8,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
There's a good chance in my mind. Phish is playing Alpine and Fenway. For some reason, I'm expecting DMB will play both. A few weeks ago I also heard JazzFest and Lockn.
No "chance" -- it's happening
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.13234 seconds with 17 queries