These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #161
bassplayer22

He didn’t fight off Ren. Once Ren was ready he disarmed him instantly.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #162
bassplayer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
If Finn bangs Rey in Epsiode IX I think I'll be officially done with Star Wars.
Because if there is anything Star Wars is known for its all those sex scenes.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:22 AM   #163
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
Because if there is anything Star Wars is known for its all those sex scenes.
I wouldn't put anything past them this time around. We know it's Disney so I'm not saying anything will be shown, but I can totally see them alluding very strongly to it. They were all about each other in TFA, and Finn spent the entire Last Jedi on a quest to find her. I think it's probably going to happen, I just think it's stupid.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #164
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by That's it, Sir. View Post
Bit of a rant here but in addition to many of the other points raised in this thread about the rest of this trilogy Finn has to be one of worst characters I’ve seen in a movie. Period. He was forced into the story so much so that Kylo Ren and Hux had to have a discussion about a non-clone army of storm troopers to explain how his character arch is even plausible within the first 10 minutes of the TFA. He abandons his other storm trooper friends he seems to care so much about and steals his new friend's jacket because he thinks he's dead. His entire motivation is to get laid once he gets free. Keep in mind Rey is the first human female he sees, literally, with whom he becomes immediately sexually/physically aggressive and touchy. Right off the bat these are not character traits that I found endearing to say the least. He is also really “self aware”(selfish) for a person kidnapped and brainwashed since he was a tiny child. He seems to just brush off a life time of military brain washing and is presented as a "normal guy". He could've been such a better character as a person with long term battled related complex trauma or someone who had committed war crimes and had change of heart or just wasn't so childish. He's comic relief presented as "deep". There were so many missed opportunities with what could've been an interesting character. On top of being an undeveloped waste of time his character is annoyingly self-centered and was on-screen just enough to completely break the immersion factor of these films.

He sucks at everything he’s been trained to be despite being the equivalent of an SS trooper or navy seal , yet somehow has the knowledge to destroy the most powerful fucking thing ever because he was a janitor. Nice. Him being able to fight off Kylo Ren detracted from that character’s impressiveness. (wounded or not Finn has ZERO REAL LIFE COMBAT TIME except for that time he froze and had a meltdown...yet he digs down deep when sex is on the line.) That fight made Rey’s victory against Ren much less impressive. At no point did I think Ren could defeat her after watching this moron hold his own against him. At times during Finn's performance I felt like I was watching space balls as he just about looked into the camera and explained his every move and motivation. His humour was poorly written, his acting sucked and as someone else pointed out, every opportunity to redeem him through true self-sacrifice was missed. "we've got a hearbeat!"

The screen time he takes away from important plot points is irritating (they cut scenes with LUKE SKYWALKER to watch his plan fall apart? Really?) and watching iconic character after iconic character die while this guy gets carried around by a space slug that immediately devours every other thing it touches, including space ships and people firing lasers into its mouth, the way he isn't paralyzed after having his spinal chord cut in half longways by a light saber and watching him cheat death in many other scenes makes these movies hard to watch. At least Han Solo was a somewhat likable self-centered sociopath but we had to watch him be murdered by his son. I hope Finn's fate is worse.
damn. I agree though, I really dislike Finn as a character in these movies. I literally care 0% about him or what happens to him--no emotional investment whatsoever, and he provides very little comic relief. Like you said, he's Han Solo Lite--similar role in the film, but SO much less charismatic and SO much less interesting. I'm also not a fan of Poe's character either. Seemed like they tried to paint him as the "bad-boy, rebel" except he came off like an ignorant, whiny child who ended up being 100% wrong about Holdo the entire time and put the entire resistance in danger because of his stupidity. He was a very unlikable character to me, though I don't think that was the intention. Sure, he's passionate to the point of stupidity, but that doesn't make me root for his character.

What made the first trilogy so good were the characters and how likeable/relatable they were. (or how sinister and deadly they were aka Vader/Emperor) Episodes I-III failed to create characters of equal value, and it's one of the reasons I think those movies were looked down on so poorly (despite many other things). TFA showed promise that they got it right at least with these new characters and that these were people that really could develop into characters we love, but Last Jedi pretty much destroyed the integrity of every single character except Rey and Kylo. And you could argue they made them worse too.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:39 AM   #165
K270
Kan Pai

Just saw this about a week ago. A co-worker and I have been discussing various things, one of them being Snoke. I say Snoke is dead, my co-workers says Snoke isn't dead. So, what do you all say, dead or not? BTW, I'll give time for people to answer then say why my co-worker says why Snoke isn't dead.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #166
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Nerd alert!

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:45 AM   #167
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just saw this about a week ago. A co-worker and I have been discussing various things, one of them being Snoke. I say Snoke is dead, my co-workers says Snoke isn't dead. So, what do you all say, dead or not? BTW, I'll give time for people to answer then say why my co-worker says why Snoke isn't dead.
Really tough to know for sure, could go either way. I don’t think they are going to make the next movie interesting at all, so it’s more likely he’s dead. I would prefer if he’s not. To me, it makes more sense if he survives. He’s way too powerful and strong to not have seen that coming and seemed like he had it planned the whole time. He also could have known that he needed to die in order for Kylo to become stronger and turn into who he needs to be and he was willing to sacrifice himself for that.

And although we’ve never really seen sith force ghosts in the past, I don’t see why he won’t come back at least in that form to help Kylo. That being said, Darth Maul came back after being cut in half also, so it can be done.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:00 AM   #168
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Really tough to know for sure, could go either way. I donít think they are going to make the next movie interesting at all, so itís more likely heís dead. I would prefer if heís not. To me, it makes more sense if he survives. Heís way too powerful and strong to not have seen that coming and seemed like he had it planned the whole time. He also could have known that he needed to die in order for Kylo to become stronger and turn into who he needs to be and he was willing to sacrifice himself for that.

And although weíve never really seen sith force ghosts in the past, I donít see why he wonít come back at least in that form to help Kylo. That being said, Darth Maul came back after being cut in half also, so it can be done.

My Co-Worker seems to think Snoke is hiding out at Darth Vaders castle on Mustafar and that Snoke was doing a "Force Projection" just like Luke Skywalker was doing at the end. He also said there was no blood on the ground from Snokes body.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:21 AM   #169
bassplayer22

Light saber cuts generally cauterize the wounds so you never see blood. (Except in A New Hope in Cantina).

In TFA Kylo makes reference to Snoke wanting to use a clone army. He could have clones of himself I suppose.

Snoke wears a ring with obsidian from the caves below Vader’s castle so there is some likely tie in.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:54 AM   #170
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
My Co-Worker seems to think Snoke is hiding out at Darth Vaders castle on Mustafar and that Snoke was doing a "Force Projection" just like Luke Skywalker was doing at the end. He also said there was no blood on the ground from Snokes body.
If they are going to bring him back, I would assume that your co-worker's theory is how they would go about doing that. There's obviously a connection to that castle that will probably be explained either in Episode IX or in a side movie. The only way that doesn't add up, is that when Kylo tries to stab Luke's projection with his lightsaber it goes right through him and does 0 damage, you would think the same would have happened with Snoke.

As bassplayer said above, it was mentioned that Snoke could use a clone army, so he clearly is powerful enough and knows how to clone. So he may be able to easily transfer his essence into any body he wants, and I bet the obsidian in that ring from Vader is how he does it. His "force" is probably connected to that stone in some way. I hate new theories especially after wasting 2 years after TFA to have all of them blow up in smoke..but Snoke could be an apprentice of Vader's--perhaps Vader was training him behind the scenes and keeping him at the castle in case anything were to happen to Vader and the Emperor that he could continue their legacy and the empire. Personally, I still love the Darth Plagueis theory, and really think it would tie together all 9 movies brilliantly--and it leaves the door open to make a separate Snoke/Plagueis movie that explains his entire background and how he got to where we seem in this trilogy.

However, it seems that Abrams and Johnson have both made a conscious effort not to even bother to entertain any fan-based theories at all. We shall see though. The hardcore fanbase may put enough pressure on Abrams due to the division that The Last Jedi created so that he adjusts the script for the next movie.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:06 AM   #171
greykitkat36

Also, if Snoke isn't Plageuis or a new character could be a reincarnated Palpatine. Though Vader kills him with Force lightning and he falls down that pit, strong siths know how to cheat death and how to bring people back to life. Darth Plagueis spent his entire life figuring out how to live forever, and Darth Maul also came back to life after being cut in half in Episode I. So this is a skill that is part of what they learn. Would help explain why Snoke looks so decrepit and crappy and why he's so obsessed with Vader and Luke. He even says to Kylo before the death scene that "You have too much of your father in you" and so clearly he knows and is aware of both Leia and Han. Perhpas what makes Luke leave for that island isn't just the fact that he failed Kylo, but also that maybe he found out that Palpatine survived and got even stronger to the point where he was swaying Luke to the dark side from across the galaxy and that Jedi island was the only place he could be safe.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #172
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

After what happened in "The Last Jedi", I won't be entertaining SW fan theories anymore. I'm guessing that episode IX will be as bad as this last one.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #173
bassplayer22

JJ has said that Episode 9 would tie all 3 trilogies together. (from what I recall)
Old 01-28-2018, 12:40 AM   #174
Bluewater34
Is Old

I haven’t read what all the naysayers have to say, but I would hope that one thing we can all agree on is that the throne room fight scene is incredible (if you don’t agree, then fuck right off). With that in mind, please enjoy this collection of that scene set to various pop songs.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 01-28-2018, 01:01 AM   #175
sean52692
You failed this band

The Rey/Kylo throne fight scene is one of the best ones in the entire Star Wars series.

Not shockingly, I have really strong initial thoughts on this film after seeing it once in theaters but I need to see it again to fully flesh out my opinion
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc