These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How likely are you to go to a DMB show in 2018?
Definitely 59 49.58%
Maybe, if they’re close by 33 27.73%
Probably not 27 22.69%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #81
shadowraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I mean I just think concerts are expensive. The beauty of it all is that we get to choose which ones we attend.
Sadly it's pricing out many of the fans who have been around supporting the band the whole time. In addition to the tickets, between my wife and I, we've spent around $1250 just in Warehouse dues. Just to get tickets, which at this point we couldn't afford a two night stand even if we could make it. I used to travel to 8 shows a year back in 2003-2004. When tickets were maybe $55-60? I had more disposable income back then. But these days it's double the cost for the same experience, and the band hasn't really gotten any bigger. A two night stand for just me and my wife would cost us $500 plus gas - even while staying at a relative's place - if it were at Alpine. In Chicago it's about the same because we'd probably have to pay for parking. $500. For two shows.

Shows seen - http://www.DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1485

I saw the last Angel.
shadowraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #82
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraven View Post
Sadly it's pricing out many of the fan who have been around supporting the band the whole time. In addition to the tickets, between my wife and I, we've spent around $1250 just in Warehouse dues. Just to get tickets, which at this point we couldn't afford a two night stand even if we could make it. I used to travel to 8 shows a year back in 2003-2004. When tickets were maybe $55-60? I had more disposable income back then. But these days it's double the cost for the same experience, and the band hasn't really gotten any bigger. A two night stand for just me and my wife would cost us $500 plus gas - even while staying at a relative's place - if it were at Alpine. In Chicago it's about the same because we'd probably have to pay for parking. $500. For two shows.
I hear you. I'm definitely a bit more selective than I once was. Now I usually stick with The Gorge and I'll add another if it's a quick drive away.

I am considering the tour opener this year too, just since it's been a while and I'm curious about new songs.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #83
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Take up a new hobby. I'm about done posting here anyway, so you're gonna waste a lot of time trying to cyber-stalk me.

We all know you’re gonna buy tickets this summer, continue posting, and continue to argue with us despite your sibling-like hate-love for us. Does it just make it easier to stomach the bill if you post about your grievances in all caps? I certainly don’t think it’s going to bring down prices. I’ll await your answer in the form of an insult.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #84
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
We all know you’re gonna buy tickets this summer, continue posting, and continue to argue with us despite your sibling-like hate-love for us. Does it just make it easier to stomach the bill if you post about your grievances in all caps? I certainly don’t think it’s going to bring down prices. I’ll await your answer in the form of an insult.
I haven't seen a Dave Matthews related show since 2015 and am letting my warehouse membership lapse.

So, no.

I've seen exactly 60 shows, eight different states, and like 15 different towns, met Dave backstage once, and barring huge changes, I'm done.

But hey, surely I'm the anomaly, right, Nick? DMB is making great choices! Not losing fans by the boatload at all!

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:22 PM   #85
NiCK Crush

The only explanation for your behavior is that Dave publicly shunned and humiliated you backstage. It does suck when our heroes don't turn out to be who we perceive them to be. Keep your head up.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #86
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
The only explanation for your behavior is that Dave publicly shunned and humiliated you backstage. It does suck when our heroes don't turn out to be who we perceive them to be. Keep your head up.
Oh, nick, showing off more of that middle school wit. Such sadness in your obsession

Old 01-22-2018, 10:12 PM   #87
NiCK Crush

ah mario, love you buddy.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:14 PM   #88
NiCK Crush

see you in Camden, gonna be a great couple shows.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #89
mario

Such persistent delusions, I really hope you're getting treatment.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:55 AM   #90
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

There’s gonna be a backlash eventually about ticket prices across the board. People said for years the solution to scalping is just to raise ticket prices. It seem like Ticketmaster and artists have decided to do that. Ironically, they have the verifiedfan system that could allow them to get cheap tickets to real fans, but greed got the best of them. Think of how much hate the scalpers got for high prices, now all that energy is gonna be turned on the artists. RIP
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #91
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
For me there's probably about a 10% chance I see a DMB show this year. If Bela joins in at some point this year then I might go, but other than that I just can't shell out any amount of money when a trumpet player destroys 90% of everything I came to love about this band.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:44 PM   #92
Mersh

I'm not trying to make some greater point about DMB here, but this is the first tour since 94 that I will pass on. I suppose I missed 2011 as well, but the Caravans weren't exactly a tour. It isn't about ticket prices, just figure it is the same line up (especially Rashawn), same sound and sets will be full of material from an album that I doubt will be all that good.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:04 PM   #93
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I just requested for Great Woods. With phish not coming anywhere close it was an easy choice. Summer amp dmb is still a good time. Even though last time at great woods was a horrible show, I still got Sugar Will.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #94
Mersh

I may hit Phish in MD...and definitely Watkins when announced.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #95
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I just requested for Great Woods. With phish not coming anywhere close it was an easy choice. Summer amp dmb is still a good time. Even though last time at great woods was a horrible show, I still got Sugar Will.
TAB at Levitate Fest in July should be cool.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #96
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
My wife and I are hitting Trey at Harvard next month and I could not be more excited.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:20 AM   #97
batleon

The wife wants to go (she hasn't been since 2013) so I might reconsider... but with two kids in daycare we're practically paycheck to paycheck so I don't see us swinging $200+ to go to Great Woods...
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:47 PM   #98
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I wasn't a huge fan of Levitate this year. It seemed like a festival that got big fast and didn't know how to handle it. Literally waited an hour for a beer on Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #99
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
My wife and I are hitting Trey at Harvard next month and I could not be more excited.
Psyched for this one too. Can't wait. Love this venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
I wasn't a huge fan of Levitate this year. It seemed like a festival that got big fast and didn't know how to handle it. Literally waited an hour for a beer on Saturday.
I didn't attend but heard it was very chaotic and quite unorganized, but I read in the Improper Bostonian a few months ago that security and organization was a focal point this year for them so I guess we'll see.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc