These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2017, 12:11 PM   #1
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Dave and Tim Announce Three Nights In Riviera Maya, Mexico 2018

Dave and Tim are excited to announce plans for a second outing to Mexico! Set for January 12 - 14, 2018, the all-inclusive concert vacation features three nights of Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds performing on the beach in Riviera Maya, Mexico, just steps away from the ocean. Additional artists will be announced in the coming months. Visit the photo gallery HERE to see highlights from the sold out February 2017 event.

The weekend is hosted by CID Presents to offer guests a fully curated experience: exclusive access to three nights of beachside performances, all-inclusive food and drink, premium hotel accommodations, shuttle service to and from Cancun International Airport and 24-hour concierge service. Guests can choose from five tropical resorts including the concert’s host resort, The Barcelo Maya. Additional resorts include The Hard Rock Hotel, Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Rosewood Mayakoba. Daily on-site activities and off-site adventures like deep sea fishing, zip-lining, ATV tours, day trips to Tulum and more will be announced closer to the event.

Warehouse Members will be granted early access to Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Riviera Maya! Your pre sale password will be available via your Warehouse account on the day and time designated below. All-inclusive vacation packages will go on sale to the general public on 7/24 at 1pm ET. Please click here for more information about the presale.
Wednesday, July 19th at 1pm ET – Warehouse members from inception to 12/31/07
Thursday, July 20th at 1pm ET – Warehouse members from 1/1/08 – present
Visit daveandtimrivieramaya.com for full event details, and start planning your Caribbean concert vacation today! See you in Mexico!

[Only registered users can see links.]
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
jeffym
KOAT

No thanks.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #3
ethaxton

Went this year....had a great time. Really have no desire to do it again, at least this soon. Now if it was the full band...
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
jeffym
KOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
Went this year....had a great time. Really have no desire to do it again, at least this soon. Now if it was the full band...
As did I. What resort were you at? I was at the host resort and really didn't care for it.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #5
ethaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffym View Post
As did I. What resort were you at? I was at the host resort and really didn't care for it.
We were at the host resort. With 4 other friends. The combo of the friends + cool people at the resort really made the experience for me. The lines were horrible for merch and the venue wasn't the best for D&T I admit though.
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #6
Mitch

First thing that I thought was that the people who'd likely go to this are the same people who went less than a year earlier and I doubt a lot would go back. And then I saw the first 2 responses
They're gonna have a hard time drawing a big crowd over there, methinks.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #7
Tomacco

Surprised they're doing this again.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:56 PM   #8
batleon

Taking a decent idea and drilling it into the ground past the point of reason? Never been done by this band before.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #9
Josh.0

I really hope the next announcement isn't for an overpriced vinyl box set or another boring Mexican "getaway."

Next time you email me, management, please let the subject read "New Dave Matthews solo record" or "Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Collaboration Album."
Old 07-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #10
jeffym
KOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
We were at the host resort. With 4 other friends. The combo of the friends + cool people at the resort really made the experience for me. The lines were horrible for merch and the venue wasn't the best for D&T I admit though.
My wife and I went with another couple. The resort was too big, we couldn't get a dinner reservation (tried the advanced dinner reso too online, but no luck), had a 'premium' room that didn't feel very premium due to the leaks in the toilet that flooded the bathroom and bugs in the Jacuzzi Tub on the balcony.

Didn't expect to get very close to the stage for any of the nights, which was fun as we wanted to experience the resort. The Merch line was a joke. Throw another Merch booth somewhere else. I've been saying for awhile a cash only, poster only Merch booth would be fabulous.

One thing I was impressed was the wait staff at the venue working the crowd with trays of cocktails and beer. That was very cool.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #11
mikelhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffym View Post
What did you think of the quality of food there?
mikelhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #12
d.m.bfan222
Nothing beats BTCS

I went this year and knew it was happening again next year, but I had heard it was DMB. Very disappointed it's D&T.

I had an awesome time this year but I think the setting would be even better for the full band. I also don't feel the need to go again in the same place with just D&T (and I go to more shows than I should)
d.m.bfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #13
jeffym
KOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelhu View Post
What did you think of the quality of food there?
The restaurants we were able to bribe and talk our way into were pretty good. The buffet was gross which made it even more frustrating to not be able to get into a restaurant.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #14
willndmb

I didn't go this yr and am not next yr either.
Had it been 15+ yrs ago I prob would have gone at least once but even then it's way overpriced so maybe not
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #15
italy8384

At least pick a different place to have this in. Seems kinda odd. I know phish can do this stuff year after year but I think they have a larger dedicated fan base.

Good luck selling this stuff.
italy8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #16
mja271

Not at all surprised they're doing it again, these have become pretty frequent little getaways for a number of bands. I have zero interest in traveling to see D&T (or DMB for that matter) but I'm sure it's a fun time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #17
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Mexico is a dump, there's no reason why the best hotel should cost more than $200/night. People said they spent $7,000 last year, that's just ridiculous and that's coming from someone who doesn't care about the ticket price increasing every year
Tambourine Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #18
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Mexico is a dump, there's no reason why the best hotel should cost more than $200/night. People said they spent $7,000 last year, that's just ridiculous and that's coming from someone who doesn't care about the ticket price increasing every year
Agreed.

Wish they'd do cool packages when they're in Europe.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #19
3beamsoflight6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
No reason the best hotel should cost more than $200/night? Have you ever been to Cabo, Cancun or Cozumel? 5 star all inclusives are incredible and are worth every penny of the $500+ a night.

Not surprised a red headed gremlin doesn't enjoy though.

Last edited by 3beamsoflight6; 07-17-2017 at 03:55 PM.
3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #20
batleon

Were people really getting 5 star treatment at this thing though? Some of the above posts make me think not.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc