These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #21
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 30,738
RSO
Dead Openers
7/26/95
8/11/95
8/21/95
Any D&T '96 (more specifically; 2/11 through 2/18)
5/11/96
5/30/96
6/11/96
Any HORDE '96 (more specifically; 7/19 and 8/1)
10/1/96
New Years Eve Run (12/27 through 12/30)
2/21/97
Any June '97 (preferably Flecktone-related shows first)
12/5/97
8/7/98
8/21/98
8/23/98
10/29, 10/30 and 10/31/98
11/21/98
Most of December '98, minus maybe 2 or 3 shows)
3/7/99
5/11/99
5/26/99
5/30/99
A few June '99 shows especially 6/28
7/9/00
8/25 and 8/26/00
All of September '00 even non-Flecktone shows like 9/2 and 9/10.
Most of April '02
7/26/02
8/10 and 8/11/02
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #22
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50,301
Yeah, good list.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:25 AM   #23
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,956
Yeah, can't argue with any of those.

I never think about 11/21/98, but that would actually be a top-tier choice for me.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #24
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 14,780
Yeah, pretty thorough list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
All of September '00 even non-Flecktone shows like 9/2 and 9/10.
I think this is an important point, September was so good even aside from the Flecktones shows, any of those would make great releases. 9/10 in particular is one I'd really like.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #25
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 26,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Yeah, pretty thorough list



I think this is an important point, September was so good even aside from the Flecktones shows, any of those would make great releases. 9/10 in particular is one I'd really like.
9/4 and 9/10 were two of my most listened-to shows back in the day.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #26
dacam07
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 316
Dead openers
5.26.99
Any Dave and friends show (MSG or Hartford i would prefer)
7.10.04
MSG run in 1998 and 2002


also 3.13 and 3.14 Dave and Tim shows
dacam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:14 PM   #27
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 17,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
RSO
Dead Openers
7/26/95
8/11/95
8/21/95
Any D&T '96 (more specifically; 2/11 through 2/18)
5/11/96
5/30/96
6/11/96
Any HORDE '96 (more specifically; 7/19 and 8/1)
10/1/96
New Years Eve Run (12/27 through 12/30)
2/21/97
Any June '97 (preferably Flecktone-related shows first)
12/5/97
8/7/98
8/21/98
8/23/98
10/29, 10/30 and 10/31/98
11/21/98
Most of December '98, minus maybe 2 or 3 shows)
3/7/99
5/11/99
5/26/99
5/30/99
A few June '99 shows especially 6/28
7/9/00
8/25 and 8/26/00
All of September '00 even non-Flecktone shows like 9/2 and 9/10.
Most of April '02
7/26/02
8/10 and 8/11/02
I'm just adding 7.2.04 onto your list as well.
MaLaKaS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #28
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 20,829
6/11/96 is another show with a subpar tape that I listened to all the time back in the day because the set was cool that I tens to forget ever even existed. I'd love to have the chance to but that. Also, wasn't that supposed to be an instore at some point years ago?
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #29
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
6/11/96 is another show with a subpar tape that I listened to all the time back in the day because the set was cool that I tens to forget ever even existed. I'd love to have the chance to but that. Also, wasn't that supposed to be an instore at some point years ago?

According to the almanac, yes it was. That would make a nice release.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #30
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
According to the almanac, yes it was. That would make a nice release.
That would make a nice release.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #31
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachite00 View Post
I'm an idiot, but what is RSO?

Also, I'd extend the 1997 to July, 97. The Red Rocks shows with John Popper guesting have always been my favorites. (although we may have maxed out on RR).
Richmond symphony orchestra from 95. Both nights sound terrible because they didn't allow tapers.

Popper guest spot is cool, but those were some rough shows for Boyd.
__________________
-Monica

Last edited by dmb2much40; 12-01-2015 at 08:40 PM.
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #32
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,533
Agree with all above mentioned. I would really love a nice quality sounding D+F release. The bonarooo show that came out sounded like ass to me. I want a nice mixed and mastered show from that tour. Really one show would pretty much cover most of what that band was about too, cause they played a lot of the same songs. Give me the show with the waste, bathtub gin, everyday encore and were set.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #33
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,956
Yeah, a D&F show would be great. But it would make Stefan cry.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #34
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 17,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
6/11/96 is another show with a subpar tape that I listened to all the time back in the day because the set was cool that I tens to forget ever even existed. I'd love to have the chance to but that. Also, wasn't that supposed to be an instore at some point years ago?
I love this show and listen to it a lot. It was my sister's first DMB show. I begged my parents to let me go with her, but they wouldn't let me because I was only 13 at the time. She also went to 12.3.98 as well and 5.26.99
MaLaKaS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #35
mjf
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,930
Neat thread. Most of the stuff I want has been mentioned, particularly D&T and Fall '98

How about some studio stuff as well though?

1) BTCS SACD/5.1/blah blah audiophile remastered by Lillywhite, with a 180g vinyl release for $30

2) I'd like to see all of the masters from the LWS turned over to Lillywhite and released. No band involement either (like going back and adding present day tracks to "finish" stuff... this band today would only detract from it no matter how incomplete some tunes may be).

3) I'd pay money for the Stand Up master tapes to be burned (or deleted I guess these days)
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:31 PM   #36
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Neat thread. Most of the stuff I want has been mentioned, particularly D&T and Fall '98

How about some studio stuff as well though?

1) BTCS SACD/5.1/blah blah audiophile remastered by Lillywhite, with a 180g vinyl release for $30

2) I'd like to see all of the masters from the LWS turned over to Lillywhite and released. No band involement either (like going back and adding present day tracks to "finish" stuff... this band today would only detract from it no matter how incomplete some tunes may be).

3) I'd pay money for the Stand Up master tapes to be burned (or deleted I guess these days)
Of course, that's def something that I don't see happening for a very long time though..could be 10+ years, though it would be cool if in 2018 for BTCS 20th, something like that could happen. I'd be first in line.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #37
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,608
I'd be interested in seeing what those unknown sets from 1992 & 1993 contain. Sure, they'd have a lot of the same songs the known have (and Peter's cheese), but there'd definitely still be surprises. And many more Blue Water performances.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:13 PM   #38
mjf
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Of course, that's def something that I don't see happening for a very long time though..could be 10+ years, though it would be cool if in 2018 for BTCS 20th, something like that could happen. I'd be first in line.
No chance IMO they ever do it. We're gonna get a boring ass "remaster" of BTCS like we got for UTTAD in '18. Any bsides will be incredible of course, but that album is begging for a 5.1 SACD or bluray type deal. Just imagine what they could do with all those fuckin layers that album has.... Imagine the transition at the end of Last Stop in surround sound. Goddamn. Makes this nerd drool

Can't blame em if they don't though I guess, not sure this fanbase would want something like that
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:44 AM   #39
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
No chance IMO they ever do it. We're gonna get a boring ass "remaster" of BTCS like we got for UTTAD in '18. Any bsides will be incredible of course, but that album is begging for a 5.1 SACD or bluray type deal. Just imagine what they could do with all those fuckin layers that album has.... Imagine the transition at the end of Last Stop in surround sound. Goddamn. Makes this nerd drool

Can't blame em if they don't though I guess, not sure this fanbase would want something like that
I wouldn't say no chance. We did get Granny studio cut for the UTTAD 20th, and maybe there just wasn't much else from those sessions worth putting out that we haven't already heard or have. I'm sure BTCS will have lots of interesting stuff. But yeah, having lillwhite go back on his own and complete it with his own vision that's pipe dream
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #40
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 14,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
6/11/96 is another show with a subpar tape that I listened to all the time back in the day because the set was cool that I tens to forget ever even existed. I'd love to have the chance to but that. Also, wasn't that supposed to be an instore at some point years ago?
Good show, this was on my list for a while but getting 6/4/96 kinda pushed this one off. This would still make a good companion to that release though, with that great Billies/Seek Up opening combo, Watermelon Smilin' on the Vine, Recently, and that sweet full band Is Chicago. I guess I would still buy it if they did it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.12144 seconds with 29 queries