These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How likely are you to go to a DMB show in 2018?
Definitely 46 56.10%
Maybe, if they’re close by 24 29.27%
Probably not 12 14.63%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #41
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy8384 View Post
Probably not unless they break the norm from the same old venues, or the same old setlists from the last few years. Too much money to spend for the same ol.
That’s how I feel. They’re desperately in need of some level of reinvention. If they come back mindlessly playing, like, 3/4 of Grey Street night after night at warped speed, we’ll know quickly whether they’re taking this thing any more seriously than they did in recent years where they seemingly got so bored with their own music that they needed the break in the first place.

Don’t give us DMB 3.0 again. Morph into DMB 4.0, whatever that may be. Put more thought beyond “harder, faster, louder” into these songs again, because a large number of them have been bastardized in recent years.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #42
Huff
The Original Tracklist

Definitely going to at least Creek & Riverbend. If they play another fun and different venue, I'll probably try to hit that as well.

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #43
Josh.0

And with that all said I’m expecting more of the same. Boyd out of tune, Dave screaming instead of falsetto-ing, Carter banging instead of playing, Tim overpowering Dave, and Rashawn taking solos (or obnoxious horn leads) like people actually want to hear him.

Please start trying again, DMB. And I don’t mean “leave every ounce of energy you have on stage,” we all know you almost always do that, I mean start trying to explore your music in artistic and well-thought-out ways again. Remember and explore the details. They matter.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #44
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

Deer Creek, Alpine, and whatever else is near me.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #45
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
And with that all said I’m expecting more of the same. Boyd out of tune, Dave screaming instead of falsetto-ing, Carter banging instead of playing, Tim overpowering Dave, and Rashawn taking solos (or obnoxious horn leads) like people actually want to hear him.

Please start trying again, DMB. And I don’t mean “leave every ounce of energy you have on stage,” we all know you almost always do that, I mean start trying to explore your music in artistic and well-thought-out ways again. Remember and explore the details. They matter.

While I agree with you, I just feel that the band believes that they have no incentive anymore to do this. They are getting older and seeing the end of their careers. They probably don't see any need to show passion and try hard anymore, since the money is still coming in. DMB also don't care about their fans like some other big artists do, so they don't really care about going out of their way to please the real fans.

I may sound too jaded and cynical these days, but I feel like there is truth to my opinion
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:46 PM   #46
dmb2much40

I don't think anything josh said has to do with laziness. These guys are OLD. also Dave doesn't need to do anything for money. Him and his next few generations are set.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #47
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

You mean if you get paid half a million dollars for a small gala you’re not hungry for fame and success anymore? That’s ridiculous. Errbody gotta eat, dawg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #48
dmb2much40

No, MaLaKaS said they don't try because they money is still coming in. I don't think dave does the galas for money. I think he does it for causes he supports like standing rock or is friends with the people running it.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:03 PM   #49
drh424s

This band is probably on their last few years, I hate their sound now but will see them not knowing if it'll be the last time
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #50
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
No, MaLaKaS said they don't try because they money is still coming in. I don't think dave does the galas for money. I think he does it for causes he supports like standing rock or is friends with the people running it.

So he believes in Microsoft and Phillip Morris passionately? It's ok if you disagree with my opinion. I respect that. It's all good.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:03 AM   #51
DIDO36

I believe the boys still like playing together. I feel like they wouldn't if they all hated it. Why even go on tour if they truly hated it?

I think the band still thinks they play great shows. The crowd reactions to songs like Jimi, conbread, you and me, and seven Are the loudest. They are song most of us here are fucking tired of and hate. But most of the crowd loves those type of songs.

I feel like the fan base is part of the problem.

It's not the full problem tho. Dave isn't a great leader and he continues to ignore the fact that RR is no good in the band and he should get the boot. The guy does nothing for the band and he sound awful on most songs.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 04:28 AM   #52
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Dave is usually the person who looks like he doesn’t want to be there
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:28 AM   #53
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

How likely are you to go to a DMB show in 2018?

I dont think they hate each other or even dislike each other to this extent, but consider the fact that ZZ-Top is still out with 4 separate buses (1 each plus crew bus) and can barely stand to look at each other for their 83 minute show each night. But those $$ keep rollin’ in.

As Im rereading that, I realize the difference in scope here, but that is a band who obviously cares about squeezing every drop of cash out of people they can but hate each other enough not to squeeze the cash out of their cash cow and cut down to 1 or 2 buses. And that’s not the only example. Tons of bands out there compromising to keep the cash flowing. It is not pretty.

Of course, Mike Love is refusing to add a bus to the tour and crams his entire band and crew into one bus (complete with his own suite in the rear) every single day, ostensibly to show who’s boss but also to pinch every single penny he can. And that dude can’t find his pitch with a pitch pipe and a backing track in the ears.

It’s all about money, folks.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:30 AM   #54
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
So he believes in Microsoft and Phillip Morris passionately? It's ok if you disagree with my opinion. I respect that. It's all good.
Those shows, traditionally, they always were putting their fee directly to bamaworks or some other cause.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:37 AM   #55
mario

Definitely not requesting tickets. If they somehow come out on a tour and actually impress, I'd consider it.

Roughly equivalent to how if Kate Upton was interested, I'd consider sleeping with her.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #56
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Those shows, traditionally, they always were putting their fee directly to bamaworks or some other cause.
Ok, this sounds fair then. Thank you for sharing this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Definitely not requesting tickets. If they somehow come out on a tour and actually impress, I'd consider it.
I'm of this opinion at the moment as well, but it could change when the actual tour dates are eventually announced.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc