These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2020, 10:17 AM   #4301
zaphod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post

The good news is you now both just effectively said that CNN wouldn’t report this unless it was credible (in your view), so now you’re both at odds with Mario’s denial that a vaccine will work. I’ll let the three of you sort that out between each other.
look, i'm not on some team with mario and i have no need to sort anything out with him. he's a big boy and he can sort himself out by himself. but i'm glad you continue to see this discussion as some kind of tribal team sport, even though you also pretend to be above partisan bickering.

and listen, i'm not saying CNN would never report on something before it was seemingly credible. i have no love for CNN. but in this instance, they did seem to wait before reporting on it, and i think that's probably a responsible thing to do.

its nice that this T Cell thing seems to be working out. but you put your eggs in that basket in the same way that trump put his eggs in the hydroxychloroquine basket: before the studies were peer reviewed and published. your eggs may turn out to have been put in the correct basket, but its not like you're some fucking genius about the human immune system and you were able to evaluate the science on its merits. you likely just happen to listen to someone who proposed this idea, and you went all-in on it. i'm glad that you're basking in your vibes, but i'm here to inform you that they mean nothing everyone else.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:24 AM   #4302
mario

Strap in for weeks and weeks of "T Cells are the miracle cure (except for the 600,000 thousand or so people who already died and counting)" based on a study of sixty eight people in Germany which concluded "that the impact those cells might have on the outcome of a Covid-19 illness still remains unknown."

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:31 AM   #4303
mario

Two St Louis Cardinals tested positive today, canceling tonight's game against Milwaukee. The cardinals last played in Minnesota Wednesday, where Cleveland then played Thursday. So therebare concerts for the Cardinals, Twins, and the Cleveland Baseball Team.
Can mlb make it through the weekend?

Also, 8 Minnesota vikings and the covid response coordinator are quarantining after positive tests.
Can the NFL escape training camp?

The entire Rutgers (Big 10!?!??) football team is quarantining after some attended on campus parties (!).
How many will the NCAA kill before they shut it down?

Sports!

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:37 AM   #4304
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Strap in for weeks and weeks of "T Cells are the miracle cure (except for the 600,000 thousand or so people who already died and counting)" based on a study of sixty eight people in Germany which concluded "that the impact those cells might have on the outcome of a Covid-19 illness still remains unknown."
Germany.
Italy.
Singapore.
UK.

Have all had studies with the same results. And it’s not a miracle cure, it’s part of your body’s immune system’s response to a virus. This is literally how vaccines are developed, you dope.

I do love that now you’re citing the 600K worldwide death toll and no longer the 150K here, though, because you need to try to find a way to maximize the fear factor.

Mario. A vaccine with long-term protection is coming and the science is repeatedly pointing towards you being dead wrong about this being with us forever and ever. You’re fucked, bud. But this is what you get for acting like you’re some subject matter expert on any of this as opposed to a slimy lawyer that billed some struggling family probably $100 for the time you spent drafting your last two posts. You’re a man of integrity, for sure.

With deaths tolls far below 2 million in the US, Florida’s cases lowering (deaths will lower subsequently in the next week or two), and a strong vaccine in the works, is it time for you to move the goalposts again with the walls closing in?

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:
Without the sort of shutdown that we're seeing now, 80% of people would be infected and 4 million people would die within three months.

With "mitigation" strategies in place (all symptomatic cases in the US in isolation. Families of those cases quarantined. All Americans over 70 social distancing) 2 million people die in the next 3 months.

BUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUT

If we ever relax the suppression levels back to "mitigation" policies, we go right back to 2 million people dead within three months.

This continues until there is a disseminated vaccine, currently 18 months from now.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:44 AM   #4305
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
its nice that this T Cell thing seems to be working out. but you put your eggs in that basket in the same way that trump put his eggs in the hydroxychloroquine basket: before the studies were peer reviewed and published. your eggs may turn out to have been put in the correct basket, but its not like you're some fucking genius about the human immune system and you were able to evaluate the science on its merits. you likely just happen to listen to someone who proposed this idea, and you went all-in on it. i'm glad that you're basking in your vibes, but i'm here to inform you that they mean nothing everyone else.
Holy cow, the assumptions you’re making here regarding why I’m optimistic about T cells. Geez, Z. The comparison between hydroxychloroquine and a multi-country study into T cells is pretty...far fetched.

As for as congratulating CNN on vetting before reporting, if only you held them to the same standard with police brutality, Trump investigations, and celebrating Andrew Cuomo maybe we could have a conversation about it.

Have you considered maybe I’m just combing through the data and less the hand-delivered news reports more than you?

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:
Without the sort of shutdown that we're seeing now, 80% of people would be infected and 4 million people would die within three months.

With "mitigation" strategies in place (all symptomatic cases in the US in isolation. Families of those cases quarantined. All Americans over 70 social distancing) 2 million people die in the next 3 months.

If we ever relax the suppression levels back to "mitigation" policies, we go right back to 2 million people dead within three months.

This continues until there is a disseminated vaccine, currently 18 months from now.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:01 PM   #4306
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Josh and Mario in 2050:

MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:19 PM   #4307
Josh.0

Nah if you ask him we’ll both be dead by Christmas (unless we lockdown for life and vote for Joe Biden).

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 12:23 PM   #4308
zaphod!

Quote:
Nah if you ask him we’ll both be dead by Christmas
Old 07-31-2020, 12:24 PM   #4309
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
Well crap, you took a light joke into a darker direction...
Old 07-31-2020, 12:27 PM   #4310
Josh.0

Z means well, he’s just socially awkward.

And I appreciated the joke, Malakas. This thread could probably use more humor.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 12:31 PM   #4311
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
And I appreciated the joke, Malakas. This thread could probably use more humor.

Old 07-31-2020, 12:59 PM   #4312
zaphod!

if dark humor is wrong, then i dont want to be right
Old 07-31-2020, 01:02 PM   #4313
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 06:55 PM   #4314
Dubs

Trumps claims that kids are almost immune from virus. False. Meanwhile, in GA @ a summer camp 300 kids ages 5-18, including camp consolers, 280 tested positive for the virus. Also, keep in mind, 90% of this camp was held outdoors.

The MLB may be shutting down Monday. Schools are gonna do great!
Old 07-31-2020, 07:27 PM   #4315
Josh.0

Dubs the virus is rarely, if ever, transmitted outdoors. This has been proven time and time again. There’s one known, proven transmission of the virus outdoors, and it was in China and apparently the people were in very close proximity having a conversation face to face for a long period of time.

The kids got it eating someplace inside, sharing sleeping quarters, and/or sharing common areas. They’ll almost all certainly be fine.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 07:56 PM   #4316
Dubs

Quote:
Dubs the virus is rarely, if ever, transmitted outdoors. This has been proven time and time again. There’s one known, proven transmission of the virus outdoors, and it was in China and apparently the people were in very close proximity having a conversation face to face for a long period of time.

The kids got it eating someplace inside, sharing sleeping quarters, and/or sharing common areas. They’ll almost all certainly be fine.
If the data suggests outdoor transmission is unlikely, why is sending kids to school in person a good idea? I don’t want to hear child abuse, or neglect. They do just fine during the summer. School is essentially a baby sitter for parents, so it’s more for economic reasons.

My niece is COVID positive and is 18. She has unusual symptoms. Neurological. She developed ticks and she has brain swelling. I wouldn’t call that harmless.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:12 PM   #4317
Dubs

“Jared Kushner hired his college roommate to create a national coronavirus testing plan, according to a new report”

[Only registered users can see links.]

Smfh
Old 07-31-2020, 08:41 PM   #4318
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
If the data suggests outdoor transmission is unlikely, why is sending kids to school in person a good idea? I don’t want to hear child abuse, or neglect. They do just fine during the summer. School is essentially a baby sitter for parents, so it’s more for economic reasons.

My niece is COVID positive and is 18. She has unusual symptoms. Neurological. She developed ticks and she has brain swelling. I wouldn’t call that harmless.
It’s important both so parents have a chance to earn a living and kids have a chance to earn an education.

I’m sorry to hear about your niece, that sounds awful. She sounds like an outlier case for someone her age. I, too, have had younger folks in my extended family that have tested positive (in MA) but they have all had mild or no symptoms. Genuinely hoping your niece’s condition improves.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 08:44 PM   #4319
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
“Jared Kushner hired his college roommate to create a national coronavirus testing plan, according to a new report”

[Only registered users can see links.]

Smfh
I also don’t like nepotism (you should see how rampant it is in Denver, it’s right up there with Nashville), but we also don’t know the guy’s qualifications. People hire people they know all the time. If he’s unqualified, then I agree that it’s ridiculous. If he is qualified then that’s nothing more than a catchy headline.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 08:49 PM   #4320
Josh.0

Quote:
...he became the founder and CEO of Landmark Health, one of the nation's largest providers of at-home medical care.

Boehler's father, Dr. Rich Boehler, works at Landmark's office in Latham, New York, and has an extensive background as a chief medical officer, according to his LinkedIn page.
I mean...he started in finance and moved into health care, with a focus on home health, and seems to be doing very well in it. I can see why he may have reached out to him.

It’s always funny to me that we always view every action of our adversarial political party as nefarious. It’s crazy to me that Republicans see Democrats and think “evil” and, perhaps more so, Democrats see Republicans and think “evil.” Yet at the end of the day they all came weeping out of their mother’s vaginas and eventually grew up to buy into the figment of the human imagination that is American politics.

American politics are just ideologies, they’re not these inherent good and evil oppositional forces. Real life isn’t Star Wars. Both parties think they’re the Jedi’s, and this constant lack of true self-awareness and self-reflection is why I can’t stand either of them (but I don’t think either are intentionally evil). The fact that neither can reflect on what they do wrong and both always seem to consider an alternative idea “the wrong idea” is suffocating, frustrating, and detrimental to all of us.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc