These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2020, 03:11 PM   #4281
Vorony

Are you all happy that Herman Cain is dead? Because he’s on the opposite side of the political spectrum, and he may have gotten Covid from the Trump rally he attended? Is that the reason for all the celebration today? It’s funny because I don’t see the other side of the aisle celebrating the death of John Lewis the way I see liberals laughing over Cain’s death today.
Vorony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:18 PM   #4282
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
Are you all happy that Herman Cain is dead? Because he’s on the opposite side of the political spectrum, and he may have gotten Covid from the Trump rally he attended? Is that the reason for all the celebration today? It’s funny because I don’t see the other side of the aisle celebrating the death of John Lewis the way I see liberals laughing over Cain’s death today.
I'm not laughing about the guy's death. I'm shaking my head at the foolishness he demonstrated which unfortunately probably contributed to his death. Guy was a moron on this issue.

This isn't a partisan thing.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:46 PM   #4283
mario

Quote:

Because:

and

and

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #4284
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I don’t see any problem with that last tweet...

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:50 PM   #4285
zaphod!

Quote:
who said anything about being happy that he's dead? jesus christ, fuck off already with this stupidly transparent performative bullshit.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:25 PM   #4286
Josh.0

Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Look at what CN-fuckin’-N is now finally saying

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
The study, published in the journal Nature on Wednesday, found that among a sample of 68 healthy adults in Germany who had not been exposed to the coronavirus, 35% had T cells in their blood that were reactive to the virus.

T cells are part of the immune system and help protect the body from infection. T cell reactivity suggests that the immune system might have had some previous experience fighting a similar infection and may use that memory to help fight a new infection.

So how could their immune system have reactive T cells if they never had Covid-19? They were "probably acquired in previous infections with endemic" coronaviruses, the researchers -- from various institutions in Germany and the United Kingdom -- wrote in the new study. Using this T cell memory from another-yet-similar infection to respond to a new infection is called "cross-reactivity."
Mario two days ago: “T cell immunity is fake news!”

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Without the sort of shutdown that we're seeing now, 80% of people would be infected and 4 million people would die within three months.

With "mitigation" strategies in place (all symptomatic cases in the US in isolation. Families of those cases quarantined. All Americans over 70 social distancing) 2 million people die in the next 3 months.

BUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUTBUT

If we ever relax the suppression levels back to "mitigation" policies, we go right back to 2 million people dead within three months.

This continues until there is a disseminated vaccine, currently 18 months from now.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:39 PM   #4287
celluloid hero

Quote:
I am not happy. But I also realize that he died because of his politics.

And they deleted the tweet, which ya know... how are we going to learn from history if we remove it, right?
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:31 AM   #4288
mario

[Only registered users can see links.] is absolute evil, it rises over and above the question of legal or political.

You really should read the entire article, though, to see how fucking corrupt and incompetent the administration really is.

Here's the lede:
On March 31, three weeks after the World Health Organization designated the coronavirus outbreak a global pandemic, a DHL truck rattled up to the gray stone embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Washington, D.C., delivering precious cargo: 1 million Chinese-made diagnostic tests for COVID-19...

Normally, federal government purchases come with detailed contracts, replete with acronyms and identifying codes. They require sign-off from an authorized contract officer and are typically made public in a U.S. government procurement database, under a system intended as a hedge against waste, fraud, and abuse.

This purchase did not appear in any government database. Nor was there any contract officer involved. Instead, it was documented in an invoice obtained by Vanity Fair, from a company, Cogna Technology Solutions (its own name misspelled as “Tecnology” on the bill), which noted a total order of 3.5 million tests for an amount owed of $52 million. The “client name” simply noted “WH.”

Over the next three months, the tests’ mysterious provenance would spark confusion and finger-pointing. An Abu Dhabi–based artificial intelligence company, Group 42, with close ties to the UAE’s ruling family, identified itself as the seller of 3.5 million tests and demanded payment. Its requests were routed through various divisions within Health and Human Services, whose lawyers sought in vain for a bona fide contracting officer.
But the million tests, some of which were distributed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to several states, were of no help. According to documents obtained by Vanity Fair, they were examined in two separate government laboratories and found to be “contaminated and unusable.”
They ignored all the protocols in place to prevent wasteful spending, spent $52million dollars, and got a pallet full of contaminated, unusable product.

Tell me more about that swamp....

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 07-31-2020, 07:41 AM   #4289
mario

Same article:
“I had this naive optimism: This is too important to be caught in a partisan filter of how we view truth and the world,” said Rick Klausner, a Rockefeller Foundation adviser and former director of the National Cancer Institute. “But the federal government has decided to abrogate responsibility, and basically throw 50 states onto their own.”

Quote:
Old 07-31-2020, 07:49 AM   #4290
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
They ignored all the protocols in place to prevent wasteful spending, spent $52million dollars, and got a pallet full of contaminated, unusable product.

Tell me more about that swamp....
Did the gov’t actually pay out the 52 mil? That passage makes it unclear.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:59 AM   #4291
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Did the gov’t actually pay out the 52 mil? That passage makes it unclear.
It is reprised in the last paragraph of the article.

The US refuses to acknowledge it exists, only responding they is no such contract. HHS sent a letter refusing to pay. The Saudis responded to VF confirming its existence. I'm not sure who supplied the packing slip.

We don't know if the WH gave the Saudis the money anyway, but I think we all know they did, right? Jared wouldn't want to jeopardize his construction projects over there.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2020, 08:14 AM   #4292
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Look at what CN-fuckin’-N is now finally saying

[Only registered users can see links.]

Mario two days ago: “T cell immunity is fake news!”

The study was just published a few days ago. Why do you say "finally saying now"? They found an actual reputable source, and decided to wait to post that story. I'm not a CNN fan but not everything they do is sinister.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:54 AM   #4293
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
It is reprised in the last paragraph of the article.

The US refuses to acknowledge it exists, only responding they is no such contract. HHS sent a letter refusing to pay. The Saudis responded to VF confirming its existence. I'm not sure who supplied the packing slip.

We don't know if the WH gave the Saudis the money anyway, but I think we all know they did, right? Jared wouldn't want to jeopardize his construction projects over there.
I need one of these government contracts. Or I’ll just watch War Dogs again.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:06 AM   #4294
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
The study was just published a few days ago. Why do you say "finally saying now"? They found an actual reputable source, and decided to wait to post that story. I'm not a CNN fan but not everything they do is sinister.
What makes this a reputable source and not the labs reporting the same findings as far back as May?

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:
Without the sort of shutdown that we're seeing now, 80% of people would be infected and 4 million people would die within three months.

With "mitigation" strategies in place (all symptomatic cases in the US in isolation. Families of those cases quarantined. All Americans over 70 social distancing) 2 million people die in the next 3 months.

If we ever relax the suppression levels back to "mitigation" policies, we go right back to 2 million people dead within three months.

This continues until there is a disseminated vaccine, currently 18 months from now.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:11 AM   #4295
Josh.0

Fauci now saying the vaccine may be available late fall/early winter.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #4296
zaphod!

Quote:
What makes this a reputable source and not the labs reporting the same findings as far back as May?
so now you want the media to report as fact every preliminary finding by labs before they are peer-reviewed and published? but you also want the national media to be more credible.

whats that expression about wanting cake and wanting to also eat it?
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:18 AM   #4297
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Fauci now saying the vaccine may be available late fall/early winter.
C’mon baby we need this sooooooo badly.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:51 AM   #4298
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
so now you want the media to report as fact every preliminary finding by labs before they are peer-reviewed and published? but you also want the national media to be more credible.

whats that expression about wanting cake and wanting to also eat it?
This is as much of a preliminary report as the reports in May were. You report it because we’re in the middle of a pandemic, you’ve been scaring the shit out of people for months (“Only 2-3 months of immunity!” was also preliminary, clearly, and they ran with it), and scientists are telling you that it’s likely and it’s something we’ve seen with coronaviruses in the same genetic family.

If they report on Trump tweets and conspiracies against Trump, they can report incredibly good news pertaining to vaccine development.

The good news is you now both just effectively said that CNN wouldn’t report this unless it was credible (in your view), so now you’re both at odds with Mario’s denial that a vaccine will work. I’ll let the three of you sort that out between each other.

He’s going to look like such an idiot in as early as 4, 5 months. By spring 2021 that dude isn’t going to want to come within a mile of this thread. Probably some of you, too.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #4299
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
C’mon baby we need this sooooooo badly.
Yeah, all indications were at least some initial doses being ready by late this year, I had no idea why Fauci would never acknowledge that until now. I get “playing it safe,” but it’s also okay to share promising news during a pandemic.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

Old 07-31-2020, 09:58 AM   #4300
Josh.0

So for weeks, I’ve said:

-There’s likely cross immunity between the common cold and COVID-19, meaning large portions of the population (upwards of 50%, in the CNN report, 35%) have the T cells right now, already.

-T cell development within vaccines means vaccines will likely work long term, as the nature of T cell responses in other coronaviruses in the same family have lasted for decades.

-The combination of existing T cells antibodies from common colds and the vaccine should help achieve herd immunity, which is important because it means we really only need a small portion of the population compliant when it comes to accepting the vaccine. 35% (T cells from colds) + 45% (vaccine compliant) = 80% vaccination and herd immunity.

I got major pushback from Mario on these points, even in the face of the NYT article from a week or two, and even flat denial of the science.

Just reminding folks why I’m sending out some vibes at the moment. Our resident lawyer isn’t nearly as smart as he thinks he is and it reveals itself more and more by the day.

Vol. 3

From this past spring:

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc