DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Old 07-28-2020, 02:15 PM   #27082
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:

Oh man, you NAILED the disbelief! I’m like, super impressed, dude.

Dave works at home, Fonz works at home, Jeff is busy enough, I don’t care about RR, Tim is gonna be Tim, I have no idea what Buddy is up to. To think that Carter doesn’t have a kit at home is hilarious, despite your obvious reference to “run to the bus.”

I’d just like to know his routine for staying up on the drums
Jayes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #27083
mario

Think you missed the joke there, Jayes, and I definitely don't know how I referenced "run to the bus"

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:04 PM   #27084
Josh.0

He was making a dumb practice joke, Jayes, that’s about 15 years outdated, and insinuating that Carter (of all people) doesn’t practice.

Vol. 1

Quote:
Looking forward to two days from now when Josh and greykitkat argue that all we have to do is go outside at high noon, drop our pants, bend over, and spread our ass cheeks to be cured of Corona virus and that our refusal to agree is just identity politics sjw ignorance.
Vol. 2

Quote:
Donald Trump eats his own boogers.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:00 PM   #27085
Steveo Style

Quote:
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #27086
Jayes

The “run to the bus” is a reference to their apathy toward work (a post-show reference from a while ago). I still believe that they practice at home and would be interested in their home setups.

In summary, yes, that joke apparently skimmed the top of my head earlier today.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:27 PM   #27087
SomeDevil17

Carter kinda seems like a weird dude tbh. Haven’t met the guy but just from the last couple years reading more about him on here. Sure he might be nice to every random in the street that he bumps into. Just like a different cat.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:06 PM   #27088
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes
The “run to the bus” is a reference to their apathy toward work (a post-show reference from a while ago). I still believe that they practice at home and would be interested in their home setups.

In summary, yes, that joke apparently skimmed the top of my head earlier today.

I understand the "run to the bus" joke. It's not really about the band being lazy, it was about exaggerating how difficult it is to tour as a half billionaire rock star. It really was a joke about dmb1981, not about the band.

It originated here, in 2016, as he spread a subsequently disproven rumor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
You are bang on here. And from I have heard from two different people with every close ties to the band, the "summer tour" is over after this summer. It will likely be along the lines of the Caravan thing moving forward.

These guys definitely do it luxury, but playing ants for the 3000th time, running to a bus and then sleeping poorly as they drive 5 hours through the night will get to anyone. Some guys can do, some can't. From what I was told, Dave is completely over it. There was no mention of the other guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Not running to the bus. Anything but running to the bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
First month of the tour (up until 6/16)
Shows played: 15
Days off: 22

Sorry but i'm not gonna empathize with this band in-regard to their touring schedule. Ya Dave might be over touring like this but it isn't some grueling thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Guys, maybe you aren't paying attention: they have to RUN TO THE BUS after the show. Jesus. Kids in China wouldn't continue working under those circumstances. Guess this is why we haven't gotten a Break For It (Run (For The Bus) While We Can) we can in 6 years. Too soon, too soon.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:11 PM   #27089
Aparker507

Justin and I gave up on ever meeting him. I don't think Justin even keeps up with the band anymore. Been a while since I heard from him, but he's still a great friend. Think he got burnt out.

Henry though has been so awesome ever since we met and he got me on stage back in 13. Truly incredible how he kept in touch after all these years. Something I'll never take for granted.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:47 PM   #27090
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
Justin and I gave up on ever meeting him. I don't think Justin even keeps up with the band anymore. Been a while since I heard from him, but he's still a great friend. Think he got burnt out.

Henry though has been so awesome ever since we met and he got me on stage back in 13. Truly incredible how he kept in touch after all these years. Something I'll never take for granted.

I'm still blown away that you can literally be backstage many times and he never even took like 10 seconds out of his walking to at least come over say hi and shake hands? Unreal man. That just rubs me the wrong way. The same way he now just leaves the stage and won't even throw sticks anymore, it's like he's just totally checked out now. Can't blame him, he's been doing this for well over 20 years now, but it's just sad to see.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:03 AM   #27091
Aparker507

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I'm still blown away that you can literally be backstage many times and he never even took like 10 seconds out of his walking to at least come over say hi and shake hands? Unreal man. That just rubs me the wrong way. The same way he now just leaves the stage and won't even throw sticks anymore, it's like he's just totally checked out now. Can't blame him, he's been doing this for well over 20 years now, but it's just sad to see.
I've probably said this every year the last few times backstage and not meeting him, but he probably is over interacting with fans, especially a guy that has recreated his kit and all. Probably just weird to him and enjoys his privacy, which I get totally.

Half the time he doesn't know what specific gear he's using, so me helping out with the kit pieces here and there doesn't mean anything to him. I do that to help Henry out and don't expect a meet or anything in return. Dude gets me back every single year, I'll do anything I can to help out in a small way.

I've got a voicemail from CB, I'll have that forever at least.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:22 AM   #27092
Aparker507

Also, I miss the horn lines on Again from Bob law. They took so much awesome out of that song to me to where I nearly hate it now.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #27093
Tomacco

Quote:
Also, I miss the horn lines on Again from Bob law. They took so much awesome out of that song to me to where I nearly hate it now.

Isn't it the same, but just like 15ish seconds shorter? All the horn lines I think are still there.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 09:14 AM   #27094
Aparker507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Isn't it the same, but just like 15ish seconds shorter? All the horn lines I think are still there.
Sounds completely empty VS the 16 versions to me?

Old 07-29-2020, 09:31 AM   #27095
Tomacco

Quote:
Sounds completely empty VS the 16 versions to me?

I think that's because it's slower and Carter isn't doing as much.
I don't particularly love any live version that isn't 5/7/16 honestly. I think the studio version is the best version.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #27096
celluloid hero

Anyone off the tops of their heads remember a "40" chant that is audible on the tape?

I thought maybe 6.2.06 before Dave got booed for stopping, but I can't hear it.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:12 AM   #27097
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:

Bob Law > Again and Again
Old 07-29-2020, 12:19 PM   #27098
bassplayer22

Quote:

I prefer the slower pace. The horns should play more on it live, but it was never that drastic to me
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #27099
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Random aside: does Dave wear contacts, has he had lasik, or does that lucky bastard just have great vision?

Stupid, but does anyone have insight on this? He can just naturally read the teleprompter and see extended crowd reactions without any aid?
Old 08-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #27100
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Bob Law > Again and Again
The first version from cville is the best imo.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc