A
T
S
CATS
CATS
CATS!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 02:48 AM   #1022
DIDO36

I really hope a college football season happens this year. I usually attend some games, but It’s obviously highly unlikely fans will be able to attend this year. I will gladly sit my ass on the couch with some brews, and watch 8 to 10 conference games if it’s able to happen. Hopefully that’s what I’ll be doing in about a month.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 06:36 PM   #1023
morgadt

Itís gonna be weird with a conference only scheduled. I hope it happens. That would be highly depressing.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:54 AM   #1024
Huff

Looks likely that the Cats pick up LSU (home) and Ole Miss (away) in the shift to conference only scheduling. I suppose, if there's a year to play them, this would be it and cross fingers that the post-title exodus exposes them to an upset.

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:36 AM   #1025
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I'm down with that. But I want to play Louisville dammit
Old 07-30-2020, 01:48 PM   #1026
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I personally don't think they should have kids playing for free in a dangerous situation, but I don't want their potential professional draft chances to become ruined either. Thoughts?

Last edited by MaLaKaS; 07-31-2020 at 11:55 AM.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #1027
morgadt

One player is quitting in order to stay healthy for pro. Iím afraid that may become common.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:35 AM   #1028
morgadt

Itís a bummer to see the non conference rival games not happen.

I hope Auburn gets Vandy and Mizzou. Tennessee and UF would be tough.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:25 PM   #1029
morgadt

NCAA Football Thread (2020 Season?)

SECís updated schedules released.
[Only registered users can see links.]

Last edited by morgadt; 08-07-2020 at 07:14 PM.
morgadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:19 PM   #1030
sean52692
You failed this band

Meanwhile... MAC cancelled their season. All Fall sports. Conference is all but dead now.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:53 PM   #1031
soright05

Itís all getting canceled tomorrow I think
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #1032
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by soright05 View Post
Itís all getting canceled tomorrow I think
damn, not shocking. just annoying all the back and forth. changing schedules. etc. it wouldn't be the same anyway. college football without gameday, 100K fans just isn't really college football. hoping for spring ball? or can it until fall 2021?
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #1033
soright05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
damn, not shocking. just annoying all the back and forth. changing schedules. etc. it wouldn't be the same anyway. college football without gameday, 100K fans just isn't really college football. hoping for spring ball? or can it until fall 2021?
It all sucks for sure
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #1034
morgadt

Shit.
Old Yesterday, 01:18 AM   #1035
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
First of all, whatís going to be the Difference in the spring?

Spring football isnít going to happen anyway. Canít have spring football, and turn around in the fall and play another season. Is better to cancel entirely, and just start like normal (hopefully) next year.
Old Yesterday, 01:48 AM   #1036
DIDO36

Trevor Lawrence made some decent points I think. [Only registered users can see links.]

It’s a shame the season is going to get cancelled. College football is my favorite sport to watch. It’s a great escape from politics, and the real world every Saturday. I really wanted it bad, because this year is just mentally exhausting. The hell with 2020, enough is enough.
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #1037
Huff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
Trevor Lawrence made some decent points I think. [Only registered users can see links.]

Itís a shame the season is going to get cancelled. College football is my favorite sport to watch. Itís a great escape from politics, and the real world every Saturday. I really wanted it bad, because this year is just mentally exhausting. The hell with 2020, enough is enough.
Yeah. He made some great points. With regard to your comment about Spring - they already have pretty intense practices and scrimmages in the spring, so it's conceivable that you could roll the proposed shortened seasons into spring/late winter and it would work out fine. They would have to adjust the pre-season Fall 2021 workouts. Bottom line - if they don't play in spring, you'll see a lot of non-revenue sports never return. They rely too heavily on football money (even if it's free of fans in the stands - the tv revenue could carry the day for one year of it).

The whole thing sucks. I also read some posts from a number of players echoing similar things regarding their health and safety on campus under their team/school's isolation standards vs. being sent home to work remotely on classes or even released to campus without those guidelines in place. Some don't come from the best home situation, so their chances of contracting it go up dramatically if they go home, and then others are afraid that releasing them from the "bubble" that their athletics depts have created will expose them more than playing.

Having a daughter who's moving onto campus on Thursday...I also sit and question why is it being deemed ok to cram thousands of kids onto campus, but not safe to let the athletes play? If it's not safe for a few hundred who have their movements and activities strictly monitored...why is it safer for thousands being brought in from all over the country, completely unrestricted (aside from the ole "pinky swear" you're going to wear a mask and socially distance, all while cramming into a suite with three other people from different areas)?

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #1038
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Yeah. He made some great points. With regard to your comment about Spring - they already have pretty intense practices and scrimmages in the spring, so it's conceivable that you could roll the proposed shortened seasons into spring/late winter and it would work out fine. They would have to adjust the pre-season Fall 2021 workouts. Bottom line - if they don't play in spring, you'll see a lot of non-revenue sports never return. They rely too heavily on football money (even if it's free of fans in the stands - the tv revenue could carry the day for one year of it).

The whole thing sucks. I also read some posts from a number of players echoing similar things regarding their health and safety on campus under their team/school's isolation standards vs. being sent home to work remotely on classes or even released to campus without those guidelines in place. Some don't come from the best home situation, so their chances of contracting it go up dramatically if they go home, and then others are afraid that releasing them from the "bubble" that their athletics depts have created will expose them more than playing.

Having a daughter who's moving onto campus on Thursday...I also sit and question why is it being deemed ok to cram thousands of kids onto campus, but not safe to let the athletes play? If it's not safe for a few hundred who have their movements and activities strictly monitored...why is it safer for thousands being brought in from all over the country, completely unrestricted (aside from the ole "pinky swear" you're going to wear a mask and socially distance, all while cramming into a suite with three other people from different areas)?
Some very good points made here. The only difference in kids going to school, vs playing sports is that they can technically implement social distancing, and mask at school. I assume those guide lines are going to be implemented on college campuses. In reality it’s not really going to be that effective. I’m sure mask help, but social distancing isn’t really going to happen. These students will be getting together (probably without mask) and hanging out. It could be at the dorm, some house party, and even possibly a bar that’s still open.With football it’s a contact sport, so it’s easy to say that it’s much more dangerous, because it’s not socially distanced In reality it’s not more dangerous. Like you said it’s going to be heavily monitored, unlike the rest of the student body. They will have the luxury of getting tested twice a week. They can put them into 1 dorm for football players only. Hell, they can even have a separate cafeteria for them too. They can set rules where football players have to take online classes as well. Like you said, it seems safer to be in the regulated bubble. At home without much regulation, they will probably make dumber decisions and spread it at home.

BTW good luck to your daughter. It was only a few years ago that I moved to a college campus for the first time myself. Man, what a great time that was. Of corse it was a totally different time without the virus back then. I’d imagine it will be somewhat of a weird experience going away to college for the first time, while the country has a pandemic.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc