These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2018, 12:21 PM   #21741
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Well whatever, he still doesn’t have to be pleasant but he is. Rashawn is more lucky than Fonz but he’s an ass
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #21742
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandtrock View Post
Stefan is the luckiest bass player in history. Most replaceable part of a super successful band and never ever had to work a real job. Now he doesn't even really need to participate in coming up with new content but rather just come in as a studio backing musician a couple times every six years in between snowboarding, photography, and stroking Democrats.
...and tour every summer.
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #21743
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Meh, I think he’s a really solid player.

I listened to BTCS in full the other day for the first time in ages and he’s as good as anyone on it. Great stuff in there.
roshea999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:35 PM   #21744
bassplayer22

Quote:
Stefan is the luckiest bass player in history. Most replaceable part of a super successful band and never ever had to work a real job. Now he doesn't even really need to participate in coming up with new content but rather just come in as a studio backing musician a couple times every six years in between snowboarding, photography, and stroking Democrats.
This is not really a fair assessment. Not surprised though as this fan base doesn’t typically appreciate him.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #21745
mario

Quote:
And possibly let boyd hold his ass while stroking it

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #21746
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
This is not really a fair assessment. Not surprised though as this fan base doesn’t typically appreciate him.
I agree. We like to shit on him more than he deserves - and he's a talented musician.

He just also happens to be the same talented musician that laid the groundwork for Hungee for the Great Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
LET HE WHO HASN'T JERKED OFF ON HIS SLEEPING EMPLOYEE CAST THE FIRST STONE!
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:41 PM   #21747
dandtrock

Isn't Stefan also responsible for Black Jack or whatever?

At any rate, I didn't say Stefan isn't talented, just that he was extremely lucky and is also the most replaceable in the band. He also never had to do anything but get better at bass. He never had to hump a day job and was pretty much born on Dave's coattails. I'm sure there are many bass players with more talent that never got such an opportunity. That doesn't mean Stefan is talentless.
dandtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #21748
celluloid hero

There's nothing anywhere to say Stefan was responsible for Blackjack. All we know is it was from the 2006 Batson sessions and brought back later.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:48 PM   #21749
sean52692
You failed this band

Blackjack had a lot to do with Rashawn I believe.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:48 PM   #21750
mja271

I mean there are a lot of musicians who were in the right place at the right time. That's kind of just part of making it big for almost anybody, you have to have a little luck. The guys in the band picked Stefan to play bass and they toured their ass off and saw success. I don't think that's reason to basically invalidate what his musical career has been about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:49 PM   #21751
wiebrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
I mean there are a lot of musicians who were in the right place at the right time. That's kind of just part of making it big for almost anybody, you have to have a little luck. The guys in the band picked Stefan to play bass and they toured their ass off and saw success. I don't think that's reason to basically invalidate what his musical career has been about.
Agreed. He's really good and seems to keep getting better. He obviously had enough talent to pick him at such an early age.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #21752
dandtrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Blackjack had a lot to do with Rashawn I believe.
I could have sworn I remember a Twitter rant where Stefan cited several shit songs as stuff we wouldn't have without him. But I may very well be mistaken.
dandtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:17 PM   #21753
Bigsho

At the end of the day, Dave makes the calls. Stefan is a solid bassist that rarely fucks up, and that can hold a groove with Carter like no other. I can't rip him musically, because he doesn't really fuck up when he plays. Sure some of the songs he has credits for writing, suck. But then you listen to him do his thing on songs like The Stone or Dreaming Tree live, and I can forget about the shit like Hunger
Lakeside (all 3 nights) - '11
Deer Creek N2- '12
Burgettstown N2- '12
Bigsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:22 PM   #21754
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Yea, we make fun of stefan here, but I always thought we did that with the appreciation that he was a super solid player and a perfect fit for this band. I have neverhad a bad thought about him on stage. Dude is a pro’s pro.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #21755
Fan#41

Homers Beer Run Champion!
thuper tholid player
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:55 PM   #21756
gweeps

Having listened to the latest version of Shotgun from 2016, I still think it isn't finished. The song still seems to be a mishmash of ideas. Too many verses and choruses, etc.

I'm surprised the song's only been played 45 times. Then again, maybe I souldn't be.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:31 AM   #21757
K270
Kan Pai

Didn't know where to put this so I'll ask here. For anybody who's gone to a show this year already, buy chance are they checking signs as you enter? Has anybody seen signs mentioning Boyd? Or signs that could reference Boyd i.e. I'm in full jerk mode or just a sign with socks drawn on them?
Old 05-31-2018, 08:32 AM   #21758
MidwestDrummer
Next caller!

Does anyone know of an iCal calendar for the tour that I can import into Google Calendar?
Old 05-31-2018, 02:01 PM   #21759
KerwinMcgee
Behind The Mask

2 lower level pavilion tickets with fees comes to $275. I just cant.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:05 PM   #21760
wiebrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Having listened to the latest version of Shotgun from 2016, I still think it isn't finished. The song still seems to be a mishmash of ideas. Too many verses and choruses, etc.

I'm surprised the song's only been played 45 times. Then again, maybe I souldn't be.
Shotgun, Sugar Will, and others that have been worked on and even other songs that have been released seem to always try to be "tightened" up. I really wish they would stick with their original form when they first played them. Grey Street and Raven are examples of the lyrics being tightened up for the benefit of it, but the format of the song wasn't tightened up.

For Shotgun I wish they would have stuck with the Charlottesville 06 version. Sugar Will, stick with the 04 version.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc